[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

OK, all the DVB builds are up, and in an attempt to lower our hosting costs all the builds are now hosted on Digital Ocean spaces so the plugin must be updated to today's release.

Big thanks to  @squid for rewriting the download routine for the plugin and @aptalca for writing a new upload routine.

Remember I can no longer test any of these, so I make no guarantees, I've fixed the TBS Crazy Cat build routine so that's now working.

TL:DR Need to update the plugin.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Edited by CHBMB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I tried installing LibreELEC v6.6RC3.  It didn't going well. I don't think my VMs were loading, but the TVHeadend docker did.  And just to make my life more challenging, only the header was loading in the Web GUI. Luckily, I did get the GUI to load in Safe Mode, so I was able to revert back to v6.5.3.

Suggestions?

I tried installing LibreELEC v6.6RC3.  It didn't going well. I don't think my VMs were loading, but the TVHeadend docker did.  And just to make my life more challenging, only the header was loading in the Web GUI. Luckily, I did get the GUI to load in Safe Mode, so I was able to revert back to v6.5.3.

Suggestions?

install 6.6rc3 again. reboot. delete (or rename) /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg. reboot.

13 hours ago, mathgeek97 said:

Suggestions?

11 hours ago, DMcK said:

install 6.6rc3 again. reboot. delete (or rename) /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg. reboot.

That did it.  I suppose the updates to the Web GUI were the culprit? But, really, I would have never guessed (or remembered) that the old GUI was a Dynamix plugin.

Thanks for your help!!!!!

On 9/14/2018 at 2:43 PM, CHBMB said:

I only update the plugin when I need to change the "plugin" I don't update it every time I push a new build.  olfolfolf was referring to the v6.5.3RC1 build, not v6.6RC1

i know, i know – i just had thought i miss out on that mysterios RC1 build 😁

On 9/14/2018 at 6:49 PM, CHBMB said:

OK, all the DVB builds are up, and in an attempt to lower our hosting costs all the builds are now hosted on Digital Ocean spaces so the plugin must be downloaded to today's update.

a big "thank you" goes out to all involved. respect for your work, which makes my unRAID (still find that one more fitting) usage more complete.

@CHBMB you've done a new Digital Devices Github build this time. my i ask, if that or the LibreELEC build would offer the newer drivers for those cards right now?

Edited by s.Oliver
a big "thank you" goes out to all involved. respect for your work, which makes my unRAID (still find that one more fitting) usage more complete.

[mention=6219]CHBMB[/mention] you've done a new Digital Devices Github build this time. my i ask, if that or the LibreELEC build would offer the newer drivers for those cards right now?

No idea to be honest.....

43 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

No idea to be honest.....

ok, i'll try to find time for testing and maybe i can do two installs to see the difference then.

last time the github drivers had a better error handling (tvheadend did not show those errors at the beginning of a recording, which drives me kinda nuts, because i'll have to check often for them in the log to exclude those as bad recordings).

AND another negative aspect of the drivers in the LibreELEC build is, that alot of these errors get logged with nearly every recording at the beginning (or with every epg grabber run much more often):

• [WARNING] linuxdvb: Unable to provide BER value. –> this value is available in TVH in the Status / Stream page (when driver supports it, else it's always "0")
  • [WARNING] linuxdvb: Unhandled ERROR_BLOCK_COUNT scale: 0
  • [WARNING] linuxdvb: Unable to provide UNC value.

i'll post back, if i made my tests with these builds.

Edited by s.Oliver
On 9/14/2018 at 5:49 PM, CHBMB said:

OK, all the DVB builds are up, and in an attempt to lower our hosting costs all the builds are now hosted on Digital Ocean spaces so the plugin must be updated to today's release.

Big thanks to  @squid for rewriting the download routine for the plugin and @aptalca for writing a new upload routine.

Remember I can no longer test any of these, so I make no guarantees, I've fixed the TBS Crazy Cat build routine so that's now working.

TL:DR Need to update the plugin.

Updated TBS and all working so far - thanks for the support

On 9/15/2018 at 12:56 AM, DMcK said:

Very good catch.  @CHBMB the install script should  @unlink("/boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg");  before popping up the reboot prompt. Otherwise this will come up again and again (and that file hasn't been used forever)

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1

ok, first (short) test is done. i used the GitHub build 6.6RC4.

drivers get reported as 0.9.36 vs. 1.2.2 (from LibreELEC build 6.5.3).

it looks good so far. these (sometimes) massive errors reported at the beginning of a recording are gone (just on some recordings TVH shows one data error – but that has always been like this) so i'm quite happy again. i had to check always against the logs, if these errors were real (happened while the recording was ongoing, or if they just popped up at the beginning and would be meaningless).

i might add, i use cable here and run on a Digital Devices card which uses Sony CXD2854 chips.

with the next RC build i probably try the LibreELEC build again, to check if those (maybe updated drivers) are better than in the past.

4 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Would help me immensely if you could tell me if RC3 worked.

No luck with rc3 too

modprobe: FATAL: Module CX23885 not found in directory /lib/modules/4.18.7-unRAID

now back to 6.5.3 and the card is working properly again. however the modprobe shows the same error ?!?!

modprobe: FATAL: Module CX23885 not found in directory /lib/modules/4.14.49-unRAID

Currently Installed Build
unRAID Version: 6.5.3
Linux Kernel Version:  4.14.49
DVB Version: LibreELEC
Driver Version: 1.2.2
DVB Kernel: Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers:  Detected
DVB Adapter 0: Silicon Labs Si2168
DVB Adapter 1: Silicon Labs Si2168
DVB Adapter 2: Silicon Labs Si2168
DVB Adapter 3: Silicon Labs Si2168
Edited by du.perin