November 21, 20187 yr 1 hour ago, saarg said: You will not be able to add the config file as it's not in the bzmodules file ut the bzroot file. We have tried to decompress it, but only end up with two files only. You can't use a kernel parameter in the syslinux.cfg file? thanks for the quick reply. If I followed the guide here https://wiki.unraid.net/Installing_Tvheadend_in_unRAID before I would compress bzroot file, i can add the conf to ..../etc/modprobe.d/mxxxx.conf (same as how he adds the digital devices conf file) - I know this DVB Unraid version intergrates this in itself (the DDcard), but if I can build the bzroot using the script on the unraid wiki then I can add support for my own card too. in the guide i'd just create the file here before I compress /mnt/cache/.unraid/bzroot/etc/modprobe.d/mxxx.conf The only issue is the script is missing.. I can probably edit/modify the CHBMB script but it will take me some time as this is not my field of expertise, and i'm also not understanding what digitalocean has to do with it Edited November 21, 20187 yr by snailbrain
November 21, 20187 yr @Cessquill, @BRiT, @DZMM, thanks for your help! I will give it a shot and your advice is very helpful...
November 21, 20187 yr 25 minutes ago, TexasDave said: @Cessquill, @BRiT, @DZMM, thanks for your help! I will give it a shot and your advice is very helpful... I haven't yet tried a HDHomerun personally, but a friend has. They don't have Unraid, but since it's a separate piece of kit it wouldn't make any difference.
November 25, 20187 yr On 11/15/2018 at 12:29 PM, piotrasd said: all - script from CHBMB build all of them update: ready tbs-os https://www.sendspace.com/file/gvx5gm tbs-crazy-dvbt https://www.sendspace.com/file/m6xj9x libreelec https://www.sendspace.com/file/b9vizy dd - https://www.sendspace.com/file/p1zgf0 i didn't tested and watch build process - so be careful Would you mind documenting the steps you took to create these? I am not averse to doing some compiling and self-installation (as opposed to the plugin) but after reading the entire thread 4 times and the wiki I cannot get things to work. EDIT: In the meantime, I assume you just throw the output of each of the archives above onto the flash drive and reboot? Is this right? Also, what is the unraid-media file? I haven't seen this before? Edited November 25, 20187 yr by danioj
November 28, 20187 yr hey guys. did someone have enough knowledge (and maybe a bit of luck) in compiling an DVB build? i'm using still the well running 6.6.1 libreelec one. but (newly converted to unRAID) friends of me, keep asking, why we need to use older builds than officially available (they also all use DVB equipment). hopefully we get there. Edited November 28, 20187 yr by s.Oliver
November 29, 20187 yr 15 hours ago, s.Oliver said: hey guys. did someone have enough knowledge (and maybe a bit of luck) in compiling an DVB build? i'm using still the well running 6.6.1 libreelec one. but (newly converted to unRAID) friends of me, keep asking, why we need to use older builds than officially available (they also all use DVB equipment). hopefully we get there. Yeah, that's what @piotrasd did and he posted them earlier. I quoted them in my post in the links above. I'm just not sure of the install process. I asked what the process was for installation of these files (eg where do each of the files within the archive go, does upgraded stock need to be installed first and can this method run alongside the Plugin - eg can I keep the plugin installed awaiting @CHBMB comeback or do I have to uninstall when using the manual method). Also, I'd like to know the process so I can compile them myself from now on without having to rely on others.
November 29, 20187 yr I tried the file for libreelec 6.6.5 from @piotrasd but for me doesn't work. DVB plugin says it detected driver and adapter. TVheadend detects tuner but doesn't work. So I roll back to 6.5.3 and desperately waiting for another... 😞 I think the install process is: 1.) Update to 6.6.5 and reboot 2.) Download correct file from @piotrasd unzip/overwrite files on root flash drive and reboot again. Edited November 29, 20187 yr by memphisto
November 30, 20187 yr 15 hours ago, memphisto said: I tried the file for libreelec 6.6.5 from @piotrasd but for me doesn't work. DVB plugin says it detected driver and adapter. TVheadend detects tuner but doesn't work. So I roll back to 6.5.3 and desperately waiting for another... 😞 I think the install process is: 1.) Update to 6.6.5 and reboot 2.) Download correct file from @piotrasd unzip/overwrite files on root flash drive and reboot again. Thanks. I tried your 2 steps with @piotrasd libreelec binaries. The system found the adapter but not the drivers. Like you, I rolled back.
December 2, 20187 yr here fixed version 6.6.5 https://www.sendspace.com/file/8x1jws (<- All in ONE) tested - and sorry for delay but I was really busy. anyone can compile - just enough download source https://github.com/linuxserver/Unraid-DVB and execute build.sh on latest original build ... (just small info if somebody will try on 6.6.5 there was problem with kernel config) Edited December 2, 20187 yr by piotrasd
December 3, 20187 yr 21 hours ago, piotrasd said: and execute build.sh on latest original build ... (just small info if somebody will try on 6.6.5 there was problem with kernel config) Yes, the .config file at https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6.6.5/stock/.config doesn't seem accessible. Does anyone know the .config changes @CHBMB made from unRAID default?
December 3, 20187 yr Pull down an earlier versioned CHBMB DVB Build and compare that .config to the standard unraid .config.
December 3, 20187 yr grab that one from /usr/src/..... and just enable all media drivers (tuners etc) btw. here latest 6.6.6 https://www.sendspace.com/file/h0uxi9 Edited December 4, 20187 yr by piotrasd
December 4, 20187 yr ok, i can confirm (even though the system is only up for 50 mins.), that the new 6.6.6 build (libreelec) of @piotrasd seems to work as expected. my digital devices card and the drivers got recognized/loaded and a quick test was positive/working. my steps were: 1) install the official unRAID version (most easily via the Tools > Update OS feature) and reboot 2) download @piotrasd compiled file, decompress and copy these files 'bzfirmware', 'bzimage' and 'bzmodules' to the flash drive into the 'boot' directory 3) reboot once more Edited December 4, 20187 yr by s.Oliver
December 5, 20187 yr sadly here its not working, dvd drivers are found but no adapter drivers ... so no adapters, no fun here i replaced those 3 files as described (bzfirmware, bzimage, bzmodules), bzroot is not needed i assume cause its not included. reverted to 661 and all is good, was worth the try here. thanks anyway for the compiling and uploading
December 5, 20187 yr Just now, alturismo said: sadly here its not working, dvd drivers are found but no adapter drivers ... so no adapters, no fun here i replaced those 3 files as described (bzfirmware, bzimage, bzmodules), bzroot is not needed i assume cause its not included. reverted to 661 and all is good, was worth the try here. thanks anyway for the compiling and uploading what version?
December 5, 20187 yr Please accept my apologies for not being able to elaborate but i'm having the same issues as @alturismo. I have also tested them all with no DVB adapter found but kernel\dvb driver looking good. I have a TurboSight TBS 6981 DVB-S/S2 and have always used tbs-os. I have had this issue since 6.6.1 (but i have currently gone back to 6.5.3).
December 6, 20187 yr 5 hours ago, Melo said: 6.6.6 works perfectly here with tbs-os and a TBS 6909, thanks a lot! do you need to switch the mode of your 6909? if so how? to anyone else: can i just uncompress bizroot, add something in modprobe.d/ like my config file, then compress back up? (my 6909 needs to be set to mode 1)
December 6, 20187 yr On 12/4/2018 at 12:05 AM, BRiT said: Pull down an earlier versioned CHBMB DVB Build and compare that .config to the standard unraid .config. I attempted to run a 6.6.5 unRAID VM that I then used to run CHBMB's script, nearly had it working and then 6.6.6 came along. I've documented the steps here [https://wiki.unraid.net/Building_CHBMB's_unraid-dvb_builds_in_an_unRAID_VM] with thoughts on some enhancements, will try to add to it as I experiment some more. If anyone is able to help with bash commands to download an unRAID zip and convert it into a bootable USB image, feel free to update the wiki page. I've found a web page that outlines the process but I'm not going to get much time to experiment as my unRAID server is in use all the time
December 6, 20187 yr 12 hours ago, snailbrain said: do you need to switch the mode of your 6909? if so how? to anyone else: can i just uncompress bizroot, add something in modprobe.d/ like my config file, then compress back up? (my 6909 needs to be set to mode 1) You need to go to Flash->Syslinux configuration and add into used kernel configuration the following option: kernel /bzimage append .... mxl58x.mode=1 ....
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.