[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

On 3/27/2019 at 11:29 PM, cmeyer86 said:

Hi, the multi switch shouldnt bother, but ... how you come to the conclusion plex supports directly dvb-s ?

https://support.plex.tv/articles/225877427-supported-dvr-tuners-and-antennas/

https://support.plex.tv/articles/community-supported-tuners/

if you check the second link there is a note "currently we dont support satellite tuners" ...

so, your way would be as sample, us tvheadend with your tuners, run a proxy for plex like xteve, then you can use plex ...

4 hours ago, alturismo said:

if you check the second link there is a note "currently we dont support satellite tuners" ...

so, your way would be as sample, us tvheadend with your tuners, run a proxy for plex like xteve, then you can use plex ...

As alluded to, YMMV.  When I first tested Plex DVR a few years ago, I passed my DVB-S card through to Plex in the same way that I would to the TVH docker and it "just worked".  It scanned and found channels.  Unfortunately Plex was way behind TVH at the time, so didn't go any further.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

v6.7.0rc6 uploaded.

Thanks.  I got an error though:

Now installing TBS (Open Source) version 6.7.0.rc6

Base URL: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6-7-0-rc6/tbs-os

Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware.md5 ... done

Checking MD5's: failed!

57 minutes ago, DZMM said:

Thanks.  I got an error though:

Now installing TBS (Open Source) version 6.7.0.rc6

Base URL: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6-7-0-rc6/tbs-os

Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules.md5 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware.md5 ... done

Checking MD5's: failed!

Thanks, have pulled them, think I've identified the issue and am rebuilding now.

Hello,

first I want to thank you for the awesome work here.

I am using TBS 5990 and TBS QBOX-S2 USB DVB-S2 tuners and TBS 5990 works flawlessly on 6.6.7. With TBS QBOX-S2 after a while, I get a lot of BERs but I didn't really care since I thought it might be an HW issue of overheating (it gets really hot) so I stayed only with TBS 5990.

I am using tvheadend 4.3-1776 with forwarded cards, but also tested it with stable 4.2.

After switching to rc5 / rc6 I see the same behavior now on the TBS 5990. I can easily replicate it every time.

Basically, after I boot up unraid and turn on a channel, it works but after I switch 2-3 channels, it starts throwing up a lot of BERs and goes from "Testing" state to "Bad" on all the tuners and does not return to a working state unless I reboot the machine.

I did test this in a lot of weathers, even the ideal ones without any clouds to eliminate any other factors and I can now conclude that TBS 5990 100% works with 6.6.7 but does not work properly with rc5/rc6.

I would like to get help on this issue and provide any logs / debugging needed, please let me know what I can provide so that we can find the root cause. I think it might be a combination of a new kernel/drivers but I cannot verify on a different HW / OS to eliminate an issue with this unraid build.

Edit: I am always using TBS (Open Source). Tried LE but it did not find the TBS devices.

Edit 2: Also tried rc6 crazycat build, where my devices have different names... anyway, reassigned them properly again in tvheadend and they do not work at all, with no input detected (log from tvheadend attached)

rc6_crazycat.txt

Edited by max007

@max007  Nice work on the debugging, unfortunately I suspect you're right with the problem being more recent kernel version.  There's nothing I can really do about these issues though, as all my work is packaging existing drivers into Unraid, any fixes would need to come from TBS and upstream.

9 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@max007  Nice work on the debugging, unfortunately I suspect you're right with the problem being more recent kernel version.  There's nothing I can really do about these issues though, as all my work is packaging existing drivers into Unraid, any fixes would need to come from TBS and upstream.

Thank you for the response, I will wait until the stable version is out and if it is not fixed I will try creating an issue on GitHub on TBS open source drivers.

I am going to migrate to recently released TBS 6904-X soon though, hopefully, it will work flawlessly with that card since there has been recently multiple fixes pushed into TBS repo for that card.

Hi,

I am running into the following issue when trying to install LibreELEC v6.6.7 -
Now installing LibreELEC version 6.6.7

Base URL: https://lsio.ams3.digitaloceanspaces.com/unraid-dvb/6-6-7/libreelec

TO AVOID CORRUPTION
DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW UNTIL YOU SEE THE DONE PROMPT

Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzimage.sha256 ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot.sha256 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzroot-gui.sha256 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzmodules.sha256 ... done
Downloading: /tmp/mediabuild/bzfirmware.sha256 ... done

Checking SHA 256's: failed!

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Raistlfiren said:

Hi,

I did some maintenance yesterday and looks like some of the files got corrupted on the download/upload process.  I need to rebuild them, check in an hour or two and should be good.

6 hours ago, Raistlfiren said:

Now fixed.

2019-04-07_21-33.png.b6541d098343b27d21fe8e9bf2d53e34.png

Incidentally for anyone that's interested, here's what my CPUs on my VM look like when compiling these.....

2019-04-07_20-38.png.18c120a44783bfeaa74ac06819c43234.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much CHBMB.  I was running into this problem a week ago, tried it again last night and ran into the same failed checksum.  Hadn't had a chance to troubleshoot yet, my internet is so bad it takes about an hour to get everything.

Will try again tonight and report back.

1 hour ago, ciditi said:

Thank you very much CHBMB.  I was running into this problem a week ago, tried it again last night and ran into the same failed checksum.  Hadn't had a chance to troubleshoot yet, my internet is so bad it takes about an hour to get everything.

Will try again tonight and report back.

I've checked all the 6.6.7 builds and can confirm they're all good server side.  Haven't checked all the other builds, but have done random checks on some builds so if you get an error let me know and I'll check it out.

EDIT: Sure enough, it was my abysmal internet.  With faster speed everything downloaded and checked out correctly, and I now have a working TV tuner! Thanks again.

-----

Must be something on my side then.  Though it says 'done' in the status, I wonder if my poor internet is causing the download to time out or something like that.  I'll see if I can rig up a phone tether or maybe take the whole thing into work and try again.

Thanks for checking.

LibreELEC667Failed.PNG

Edited by ciditi
Status Update
EDIT: Sure enough, it was my abysmal internet.  With faster speed everything downloaded and checked out correctly, and I now have a working TV tuner! Thanks again.

-----

Must be something on my side then.  Though it says 'done' in the status, I wonder if my poor internet is causing the download to time out or something like that.  I'll see if I can rig up a phone tether or maybe take the whole thing into work and try again.

Thanks for checking.
LibreELEC667Failed.PNG.de1c7709e0810f6b1b3fe779c1edc386.PNG
It's normally DNS or MTU that causes downloading problems

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I have been struggling with this one for a bit, and did see someone else having this issue - but no resolution was presented.

first, NVidia Unraid plugin pulls available builds just fine.

however, when trying to pull available builds on unraid-dvb, it just sits at "updating available builds" until I finally give up. I have the latest unraid and version of the dvb plugin. here is the relevant log entries:

nginx: 2019/04/29 17:46:02 [error] 8733#8733: *11178 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.203.202, server: , request: "POST /plugins/UnraidDVB/include/exec.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "192.168.203.5", referrer: "http://192.168.203.5/Settings/UnraidDVB"

I am at a loss, and would appreciate any help.

• Upvote 1
  • Squid locked this topic