[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

5 hours ago, Melo said:

6.6.6 works perfectly here with tbs-os and a TBS 6909, thanks a lot!

do you need to switch the mode of your 6909? if so how?

to anyone else:

can i just uncompress bizroot, add something in modprobe.d/ like my config file, then compress back up?

(my 6909 needs to be set to mode 1)

On 12/4/2018 at 12:05 AM, BRiT said:

Pull down an earlier versioned CHBMB DVB Build and compare that .config to the standard unraid .config.

I attempted to run a 6.6.5 unRAID VM that I then used to run CHBMB's script, nearly had it working and then 6.6.6 came along.

I've documented the steps here [https://wiki.unraid.net/Building_CHBMB's_unraid-dvb_builds_in_an_unRAID_VM] with thoughts on some enhancements, will try to add to it as I experiment some more.

If anyone is able to help with bash commands to download an unRAID zip and convert it into a bootable USB image, feel free to update the wiki page.

I've found a web page that outlines the process but I'm not going to get much time to experiment as my unRAID server is in use all the time

12 hours ago, snailbrain said:

do you need to switch the mode of your 6909? if so how?

to anyone else:

can i just uncompress bizroot, add something in modprobe.d/ like my config file, then compress back up?

(my 6909 needs to be set to mode 1)

You need to go to Flash->Syslinux configuration and add into used kernel configuration the following option:

kernel /bzimage

append .... mxl58x.mode=1 ....

On 12/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, vankwish said:

Please accept my apologies for not being able to elaborate but i'm having the same issues as @alturismo.

I have also tested them all with no DVB adapter found but kernel\dvb driver looking good.

I have a TurboSight TBS 6981 DVB-S/S2 and have always used tbs-os.

I have had this issue since 6.6.1 (but i have currently gone back to 6.5.3).

Ok I found issue ;) sound modules must be enabled in kernel config, that the one of the depends of that module which need TBS 6981

New build v2 on the way ;)

----------------------------

UPDATE - done 

please test it https://www.sendspace.com/file/4642ak

all others which don't work before also please check 

Edited by piotrasd
  • Upvote 2

Because @CHBMB is no longer maintaining / updating the images used by this plugin due to real-life, the plugin has now been marked as being incompatible with unRaid v6.6.2+

Should this situation change, or if one of the persons taking over on making the images arranges for LSIO to begin to host the images or re-does the plugin, then this will be reverted.

20 hours ago, gogos said:

You need to go to Flash->Syslinux configuration and add into used kernel configuration the following option:

kernel /bzimage

append .... mxl58x.mode=1 ....

thanks for the reply. 

this does not work for me - tvheadend will not let me set the second tuners to use the previous tuner as master for some reason. If you know more please tell :)

On 12/7/2018 at 5:50 AM, piotrasd said:

Ok I found issue ;) sound modules must be enabled in kernel config, that the one of the depends of that module which need TBS 6981

New build v2 on the way ;)

----------------------------

UPDATE - done 

please test it https://www.sendspace.com/file/4642ak

all others which don't work before also please check 

g morning

yes, that worked out now, drivers and cards are there and fast check are working

thanks alot herefore ;)

16 hours ago, pluginCop said:

Because @CHBMB is no longer maintaining / updating the images used by this plugin due to real-life, the plugin has now been marked as being incompatible with unRaid v6.6.2+

Should this situation change, or if one of the persons taking over on making the images arranges for LSIO to begin to host the images or re-does the plugin, then this will be reverted.

Yeah, I've been busy, quite ironic though that the day before you came along I started working on it again.....

I uploaded v6.6.6 last night.

There are some caveats, can't get the OOT 10GB Intel drivers to compile.  Need to talk to LT about that one.

Edited by CHBMB
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 4
14 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Yeah, I've been busy, quite ironic though that the day before you came along I started working on it again.....

I uploaded v6.6.6 last night.

There are some caveats, can't get the OOT 10GB Intel drivers to compile.  Need to talk to LT about that one.

Hey Neil. Hope life is treating you well.

I appreciate the time you have taken to update this.

Thank you.

8 hours ago, gaz492 said:

Im having trouble with getting DVB-T2 to work on TVHeadend or Plex, I am able to get DVB-T fine, but it doesnt appear to be detecting that my tuner (Hauppauge WinTV-soloHD) has DVB-T2.

Im running Unraid 6.6.6 and have tried the LibreElec build and the TBS-OS build but nither have any success in getting DVB-T2

dmesg: https://pastebin.com/WVPFdwVV

firefox_2018-12-15_12-51-16.png

Post your TVHeadEnd docker run command

• 2 weeks later...

I have one J4014M board, and 2 tunners from DVBsky (usb T330 and DVBSky S952).

i Installed plugin from unRAID DVB Edition.
Tested UNRAID 6.6.6 with DVB Edition, ( libreelec, Digital Devices, TBS) and  and 6.6.6build v2, it with this build
https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/12380-le-8-2-5-with-uhd-630-coffee-lake-gemini-lake-support-and-luks/

I did passthrough my PCI and USB devices sucessfull.
I can view tunners correct and scan OK ( DVB-C / T2).

I have one problem:
In TVheadend, i get a lot of Continuity Errors in tunner USB DVBSky T330.
That tunner works well direcly to this build of TVheadend without Unraid.
The problem come from DVBediton or from unraid passthrough?

So, somebody have one idea how are causing this issue?

On 12/24/2018 at 7:33 PM, alturismo said:

may to clarify, passthrough ?

u mean u use the tvheadend docker and use the dvb devices like /dev/dvb/ in extra parameters ?

or passthrough to an vm and use there ? with passthrough u shouldnt need the dvb edition, only when using the upper usage device=/dev/dvb

Hi alturismo.
i Think the problem come from USB unraid passthrough. (Some Usb bluetooth dongle and wifi have problems too).
At begin i used the unRAID DVB Edition, for passthrough of USB DVB to VM, because is the only way to view it on unraid.
Without DVB edition, i can't see the USB at VM config for easy passthrough.

Now, i know that i can passthrough the USB controller to VM using vfio-pci.ids, but the problem is, that it not work for usb ( inserted correct usb ids and it not do nothing). I think it's caused, because USB IDs are at same controller of PCI USB CONTROLLER, and are used by UNRAID USB flash.

I bought one PCI-e 2-Port USB 3.0 HUB, for plug USB DVB to this Extender PCI and passthrough all PCI device usb controller via vfio-pci.ids.
Maybe it will solve my Continuity Errors in tunner USB DVBSky T330.

I tested unRAID DVB Edition 6-6-6v2 (tbs-crazy-dvbst), with tvheadend docker and use the dvb devices like /dev/dvb/
I have my 2 tunners recognized ok
PCI DVBS2 works good ( scan and no errors)
USB DVB T330 not scan.

I found other issue is the DOCKER TVHEADEND transcoding
I have one ASROCK J4105M BOARD and using VM Libreelec http://sky42.libreelec.tv/release/8.2/3.x/Generic/ i can transcoding correct with version .112 of tvheadend. (version .113 transcoding give me passthrough video without transcod)

So i try transcoding via docker using vaapi and saw one guide for PLEX server and did the same:

syslinux.cfg:

label unRAID OS

menu default

kernel /bzimage

append pci=realloc=off initrd=/bzroot i915.alpha_support=1

At file Flash/Config/GO i used

#Setup drivers for hardware transcoding in Plex

modprobe i915

chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri

chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

#!/bin/bash

# Start the Management Utility

/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

In DOCKER TVHEADEND used --device=/dev/dri:/dev/dri under extra parameters or I added a device to the container with a value of /dev/dri:/dev/dri

But not works, i have this error:

2018-12-29 11:07:53.034 subscription: 001C: "HTTP" subscribing on channel "Feeds 2 TSA", weight: 100, adapter: "Montage Technology M88RS6000 #0 : DVB-S #0", network: "DVBs", mux: "10890V", provider: "TSA", service: "Feeds 2 TSA", profile="webtv-h264-aac-mpegts", hostname="192.168.1.20", client="VLC/3.0.4 LibVLC/3.0.4"

2018-12-29 11:07:54.341 transcode: 0001: 01:MPEG2VIDEO: ==> Using profile webtv-h264

2018-12-29 11:07:54.342 transcode: 0001: 02:MPEG2AUDIO: ==> Using profile webtv-aac

2018-12-29 11:07:54.342 transcode: 0001: 03:MPEG2AUDIO: ==> Filtered out

2018-12-29 11:07:55.347 transcode: 0001: 02:AAC: [mp2 => aac]: Detected framedrop in audio (23040 != 25200)

2018-12-29 11:07:55.400 transcode: no HWAccel for the pixel format 'vdpau_mpeg2'

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: Error setting profile 0.

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: Possible profiles:

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: baseline

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: main

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: high

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: high10

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: high422

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext: high444

2018-12-29 11:07:55.477 libav: AVCodecContext:

2018-12-29 11:07:59.658 mkv: WEBM format supports only VP8+VORBIS streams (detected AAC)

Somebody test DOCKER TVH transcoding?
Best Regards, nuno

TVH Docker latest tagged (4.3) working fine here with hw transcoding h264 ... what i see here is u try to transcode to mpeg2 ?

the alpha support can be dropped meanwhile, i needed that at beginning for my i7-8700, but since 6.6x or so it shouldnt be needed anymore.

and i cant follow you what u mean with VM libreelec and transcoding ? u running tvheadend inside the libreelec vm or the seperate docker from here ?

local it would be best to NOT transcode at all, either by tvheadend or by plex, only when u stream to a slower device (bad wlan or externally depending on your internet connection).

Plex hw transcoding also working flawlessly here just as sidenote.

and i dropped usb devices completey, never had them running bulletproof here on unraid.

so may describe 1 issue you want to solve now, dvb device wich has continue errors ? there may the author of tvheadend can help ...

has nothing to with this thread (just needed for drivers for unraid to make use of /dev/dvb ...)

your transcode issue is the same, also take a look at tvheadend docker thread (when u use the docker and not the vm), i had some help there

and in the end it needed an update cause i use newer hardware (coffee lake ...), and may point why u transcode cause its ...

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I know that the purpose of this topic is different than here wrote  .
So, i will use tvheadend docker thread.

But your help was very important to me :D

TVH Docker latest tagged (4.3) working fine here with hw transcoding h264 ... what i see here is u try to transcode to mpeg2 ?
the alpha support can be dropped meanwhile, i needed that at beginning for my i7-8700, but since 6.6x or so it shouldnt be needed anymore.

Now, i have the transcoding h264, working inside tvheadend docker. Removed the alpha support too.

and i cant follow you what u mean with VM libreelec and transcoding ? u running tvheadend inside the libreelec vm or the seperate docker from here ?

Yes. Using libreelec-SKY at VM i can run TVH inside seperate from docker. DVB USB TUNNER inside libreelec works (with very continuous errors).

local it would be best to NOT transcode at all, either by tvheadend or by plex, only when u stream to a slower device (bad wlan or externally depending on your internet connection). 

Sometimes is good because i have only 10Mgbit upload... ;(

and i dropped usb devices completey, never had them running bulletproof here on unraid.

I'll follow your advice :D

so may describe 1 issue you want to solve now, dvb device wich has continue errors ? there may the author of tvheadend can help ...

has nothing to with this thread (just needed for drivers for unraid to make use of /dev/dvb ...)

Know i only have one issue, dvb device wich has continue errors on running on TVH inside libreelec VM are recognized at docker, but not scan.
It can't detect any signal, and i think this come from unRAID DVB Edition, because passtrounth to docker not works, and at VM tuner works.
I will try other drives from 6-6-6v2. I'm using (tbs-crazy-dvbst), and will report.

Thanks a lot for help me, and for this great work, unRAID DVB Edition ;)
Cheers.

Edited by psycmos
  • Squid locked this topic