unRAID Server release 4.5 "final" Available

limetech

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i run xbmc (well, plex) on 3 macs and it's all working fine here

on a plus note, i disabled the spinup groups and no longer have the disk-spinup-pause problem when i spin up a new disk, so i guess i was hit by that samba bug

everything working 100% right now

Can someone have a look at this post describing issues I'm having with 4.5?  Wasn't sure where to put it...

Anyone?

Looks like a couple people did look at that post & concluded your parity disk is failing, and looking at your system log, I come to the same conclusion.  SMART is not always reliable in predicting or identifying bad drives - which is a major weakness of SMART - a lot of times a drive will fail and SMART still thinks everything is ok.

quick turnable question, i have 4 gig of ram, and wondering what others are doing for this side...

i'm not sure if i should just put them up a bit, or double them or even more, the defaults are set for 512mb, i belive from memory.

So in theory i could put them up 8 times, but i doubt thats a realistic thing to do.

• 2 weeks later...

will probably soon produce a 4.5.1 "final" version that includes a linux kernel update.

Just a note that Linux Kernel 2.6.31.8 and 2.6.32.1 have been released recently. They both have some SCSI fixes and a ton of EXT4 fixes.

Linux Kernel 2.6.32.2 stable as of 2009-12-18.

Linux Kernel 2.6.32.3 stable as of 2010-01-06.

Linux Kernel 2.6.32.5 stable as of 2010-01-22.

I upgraded to 4.5 from 4.4.2 this weekend. 

No problem so far and performance increase is dramatic.  Haven't done a parity check yet but moving files from one disk to another from a telnet session is somewhere between 6 to 10 times faster.  System has 6 Seagates between 200 and 1000GB and a green 1TB WD

Just wanted to say I'm very happy with 4.5 and thanks for the hard work.

Gog

will probably soon produce a 4.5.1 "final" version that includes a linux kernel update.

Just a note that Linux Kernel 2.6.31.8 and 2.6.32.1 have been released recently. They both have some SCSI fixes and a ton of EXT4 fixes.

Linux Kernel 2.6.32.6 stable as of 2010-01-25

I'm glad I postponed my update of Linux Kernel from this past weekend to next weekend. Now I'm wondering if I should hold off until February 6th.  :-\

Linux Kernel 2.6.32.6 stable as of 2010-01-25

I'm glad I postponed my update of Linux Kernel from this past weekend to next weekend. Now I'm wondering if I should hold off until February 6th.  :-\

Linux Kernel 2.6.32.7 stable as of 2010-01-28.

February 6th looks like a more suitable update time for me now.

I get the latest kernel source (including headers), copy over the md drivers, configure the kernel, compile the kernel, compile the modules, install the modules, install the kernel, then reboot.

If you don't know what those steps mean, then perhaps looking through several of the wiki pages would help. Here's some to look through:

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Building_a_custom_kernel

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=1244.0

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=1244.msg8721#msg8721

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2073.0