[Support] Linuxserver.io - TVHeadend

• 3 weeks later...

Hi!

I am just researching at the moment before I purchase equipment. Is it possible to use a combination of tuners with TVheadend in Unraid - e.g. a PCIe DVB-S2 tuner alongside a networked DVB-T2 HDHomeRun quad tuner?

Does anyone know if the TBS 6981 card (DVB-S2 Dual Tuner) is a known working card and would integrate with TVheadend with minimal issues?

If anyone has a recommendation for a DVB-S2/DVB-T2combo tuner for Freeview & Freesat that is compatible with this TVheadend docker image (Unicable compatible for the satellite would be a big bonus) I would greatly appreciate the steer in the right direction!

Thanks

Edited by eric90000
5 hours ago, eric90000 said:

e.g. a PCIe DVB-S2 tuner alongside a networked DVB-T2 HDHomeRun quad tuner?

yes, works fine with TVH, Combo of SAT & Network Tuners, preferable SATIP Standard, but TVH also has native HDHR support afaik

5 hours ago, eric90000 said:

If anyone has a recommendation for a DVB-S2/DVB-T2combo tuner for Freeview & Freesat that is compatible with this TVheadend docker image (Unicable compatible for the satellite would be a big bonus) I would greatly appreciate the steer in the right direction!

im using a DD Max S8 as unicable card

here as sample from my setup, unicable pcie card and a network SATIP Tuner

image.png.3aee2f58081c8b7c1c51320893d97b2a.png

16 minutes ago, alturismo said:

yes, works fine with TVH, Combo of SAT & Network Tuners, preferable SATIP Standard, but TVH also has native HDHR support afaik

im using a DD Max S8 as unicable card

Thank you very much, that is great to know a combination of SATIP and tuner cards works well for you.

I will check out those devices you mentioned. From what I gather from reading online, the general consensus seems to be that the SATIP approach is the easiest, as it rules out driver issues with physical PCIe cards. I had been trying to find a Digibit R1 SATIP device, which could be paired with something like a HDHomeRun for DVB-T.

I really appreciate the screenshot of your setup - it will be handy when I come to setting mine up.

• 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Mrtj18 said:

Check my post on November 7 22 maybe it can help you get started in the right direction.

Thanks, i did saw it, but i did not manage to get it to work like that, but then i just downloaded epg file with wget and place it to /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/data folder and it works, now i just to need to automate download from web to specific folder

26 minutes ago, Mrtj18 said:

There's an option within TV headend ( I don't have access to my server at the moment) where it is set to run a cron job that will auto pull your epg data. Make sure you have that set. Should be under the epg grabber section.

This is just for update tvh epg database from file, but i need to automate download of epg file itself from web location once in a while to be able to keep up with epg changes. I manage to automate this using user scripts plugin and i made simple wget script like that

"wget -O /mnt/cache/appdata/tvheadend/data/epg.xml http://user:password@ip:9981/xmltv"

I'm pulling epg from another tvh server

Edited by Doktor-X
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

**** BELOW FIXED **** Turns out the HDHomeRun tuner was going faulty. Replaced tuner and now working

Hi, i've been using this TVHEADEND docker for many years without issue.

Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro HDHR5-4DT, Firmware latest - 20231214. I'm in the UK using DVB-T/T2.

This is used through Kodi and OSMC and I have just recently noticed I can't view any channel. 

Checking the docker I can still see the HDHomeRun and get green lights on all 4 tuners.

image.png.2e64c17234e193c920f53afc489d56cb.png

However when I look at the Muxes the scan results are all set at failed. You can see I previously had services and these were mapped.

image.thumb.png.f5f837e07a6862ce55a41412433c9665.png

No matter what I try I cannot scan the Muxes which is why it is not working through Kodi. I also have an HDMI to iptv converter which allows for Sky to be distributed via TVHeadend and that still works OK.

I have tested:

- I do have a strong reception on my TV Ariel

- Using HDHomeRun software on the PC I tune into stations and can watch TV (So I know the HDHomeRun unit is working)

- Using HDHomeRun software on a Fire Stick I can watch TV so again the HDHomeRun unit is working.

There has been some Firmware updates on the HDHomeRun which were automatically applied. As I normally watch TV through Sky I did not take much notice as I don't the HDHomeRun as my daily driver.

Has anyone else using HDHomeRun Quattro or Duo running through TVHeadend noticed their system not working in the last few months?

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Many thanks

Edited by chakobsa
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2024 at 11:30 AM, chakobsa said:

**** BELOW FIXED **** Turns out the HDHomeRun tuner was going faulty. Replaced tuner and now working

Hi, i've been using this TVHEADEND docker for many years without issue.

Tuner: HDHomeRun Connect Quatro HDHR5-4DT, Firmware latest - 20231214. I'm in the UK using DVB-T/T2.

This is used through Kodi and OSMC and I have just recently noticed I can't view any channel. 

Checking the docker I can still see the HDHomeRun and get green lights on all 4 tuners.

image.png.2e64c17234e193c920f53afc489d56cb.png

However when I look at the Muxes the scan results are all set at failed. You can see I previously had services and these were mapped.

image.thumb.png.f5f837e07a6862ce55a41412433c9665.png

No matter what I try I cannot scan the Muxes which is why it is not working through Kodi. I also have an HDMI to iptv converter which allows for Sky to be distributed via TVHeadend and that still works OK.

I have tested:

- I do have a strong reception on my TV Ariel

- Using HDHomeRun software on the PC I tune into stations and can watch TV (So I know the HDHomeRun unit is working)

- Using HDHomeRun software on a Fire Stick I can watch TV so again the HDHomeRun unit is working.

There has been some Firmware updates on the HDHomeRun which were automatically applied. As I normally watch TV through Sky I did not take much notice as I don't the HDHomeRun as my daily driver.

Has anyone else using HDHomeRun Quattro or Duo running through TVHeadend noticed their system not working in the last few months?

Any suggestions on what I can do?

Many thanks

I've got an similar issus...

But my Tuner works well (with a TVHeadend on a Pi)
😞

Edited by fcscholz
Error
  • 1 month later...