[Support] Linuxserver.io - DuckDNS

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: DuckDNS

Application Site: https://www.duckdns.org/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/duckdns/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-duckdns/

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Where does the docker get the IP from?  I'm having an issue where it is grabbing the IP used by my VPN service (PIA) that i connect with my transmission-openvpn docker to.

If I stop the transmission-openvpn docker the duckdns docker updates the duckdns.org service with my outward facing IP.

Any thoughts how I can run the duckdns docker to update with my IP (not the PIA ip)?  I've tried running it as a host and bridge network type.

Where does the docker get the IP from?  I'm having an issue where it is grabbing the IP used by my VPN service (PIA) that i connect with my transmission-openvpn docker to.

If I stop the transmission-openvpn docker the duckdns docker updates the duckdns.org service with my outward facing IP.

Any thoughts how I can run the duckdns docker to update with my IP (not the PIA ip)?  I've tried running it as a host and bridge network type.

Container issues a simple http request to duckdns servers. The servers see the originating ip and set that for the ddns.

It sounds like your duckdns container is also tunneled through the vpn

I agree it does appear that way. Not sure how that is happening... I thought dockers were separated.

They are.  You sure you not got something going on at the router level?  Or any other openvpn plugin?

I agree it does appear that way. Not sure how that is happening... I thought dockers were separated.

They are.  You sure you not got something going on at the router level?  Or any other openvpn plugin?

Spent some time this morning confirming I don't have anything else connecting to OpenVPN in the network. 

If I stop the transmission-openvpn docker then duckdns updates the correct external IP.

Setting the duckdns docker to Host and Privileged does nothing.

This is very confusing to me.

Spent some time this morning confirming I don't have anything else connecting to OpenVPN in the network. 

If I stop the transmission-openvpn docker then duckdns updates the correct external IP.

Host mode won't do anything. That's only for incoming connections.

You can exec into the container and do traceroute to confirm but it's most definitely an issue with openvpn. Nothing we can do in the duckdns side

Host mode won't do anything. That's only for incoming connections.

You can exec into the container and do traceroute to confirm but it's most definitely an issue with openvpn. Nothing we can do in the duckdns side

Thanks a lot for looking into it and responding.  I'll have to do some more digging. 

I'll look into what you suggested with the traceroute.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm stumped trying to set this up.  I'm going through the apps and selecting DuckDNS.  I get to the add container page and I'm not sure what to do.  Do I need to select a template?  I'm not seeing anything in my list that looks like DuckDNS.  Also I'm not sure what to put in the volume mappings, I tried a few things like /DuckDNS.

When I click on the create button nothing happens.  I don't get an error message, I don't get a waiting on server message, just nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jerry

You will only have a template to select if you have added a repository (don't bother) or if you already had a template for a specific docker.

A template is just the stored settings for the Add container page.

But you don't need to select a template. When you selected the "App" from Community Applications, it took you to the Add container with the page already filled out. The only thing you would typically need to do is set one or more volume mappings for the particular application to let it find your files.

In this specific case, I don't think it needs access to anything except the appdata (config), which should already be set.

Here is my screen shot.  The only thing I did was click on the container volume box and select /config and clicked on the host path box and selected my cache drive and added duckdns to the path.

What version of Unraid are you on?

Filled in the subdomain and token info?