[Support] Linuxserver.io - DuckDNS

• 4 months later...

I would like to uninstall / get rid of duckdns completey but do fail. I deleted the container but as I do no longer have access to my account (although I have email and token, I get an login error that states "wrong email or token"; while I am able to use the exact same credentials for connectiong to duckdns over other ways than persona singin), the old address is still pointing to my server. 

Any idea, or contact address or any helpful hint on how I could get rid of the duckdns address pointing to my server?

Thank you so much!

1 hour ago, hi2hello said:

I would like to uninstall / get rid of duckdns completey but do fail. I deleted the container but as I do no longer have access to my account (although I have email and token, I get an login error that states "wrong email or token"; while I am able to use the exact same credentials for connectiong to duckdns over other ways than persona singin), the old address is still pointing to my server. 

Any idea, or contact address or any helpful hint on how I could get rid of the duckdns address pointing to my server?

Thank you so much!

well, there are a couple of ways:

[email protected]

[email protected]

or https://groups.google.com/g/duckdns

Edit, since you can actually still use the api token, you can also push a force ip update out like

curl -sS --max-time 60 "https://www.duckdns.org/update?domains=YOUR-DOMAIN-NAME&token=YOUR-TOKEN&clear=true"

Checked their docs again. If you need to clear ipv6 as well, you can also run or open it like this

https://www.duckdns.org/update?domains={YOURVALUE}&token={YOURVALUE}[&ip=0.0.0.0][&ipv6=::][&verbose=true][&clear=true]

Edit: Just tested it, the curl one i send first does clear ipv6 as well. Docs were a bit uncertain with their wording

Edited by Mainfrezzer
  • Like 1

Thank you very much!

I wrote to privacy@… No answer so far, that is why I was asking for options. 

I tried your proposal and have two questions:

1. Should there be a response? Probably not on i curl command, right?

2. Related to the domains. Just the domain-name without TLD, right? 

Anyway, thanks again for your kind advice till now. I did not know how annoying it could get, to delete a duckdns entry. 

Edit: Seems your proposal did the trick. The URL is no longer reachable. Checking deposited IPs on the relevant addresses returned, that there is no longer any IP related to the URL.

THANK YOU! :)

Edited by hi2hello