unRAID OS version 6.4.0 Stable Release Available

limetech

8 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

I have since removed nearly ever Plugin that's not CA or Dymanix.  The only other ones I run are quite popular ones:

Unassigned Devices

Fix Common Problems

Nerd Tools

Preclear Disks

Recycle Bin

Server Layout

User Scripts

I have all of those plugins (other than server layout) running without issue on my two servers both of which were upgraded today to 6.4.0.  Unless there is an issue with the server layout plugin, I don't think plugins is the source of your problem.

My backup server had been running all the RCs as well with lots of plugins without issue.

2 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Server Layout

Patch detailed on the last page of its thread.

2 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Unassigned Dev.

Should work perfectly, unless you're using it for SMB remote mounts in which case you *may* have to force v1 SMB mounts via its settings

Edited by Squid
1 minute ago, Squid said:

Patch detailed on the last page of the thread by me.

Should work perfectly, unless you're using it for SMB remote mounts in which case you *may* have to force v1 SMB mounts via its settings

UD is not longer shown on the Main page - is this normal? Is it somewere else now?

upgraded a dl120 and z400 without issues from the RC. Will update the dl580 tomorrow from RC but expect no issues either.

3 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

UD is not longer shown on the Main page - is this normal? Is it somewere else now?

Not normal, it's suppose to be where it always has been.

6 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Server Layout and Unassigned Dev. are not working.

Unassigned Devices is working perfectly for me.  I have an SSD mounted via UD which hosts two VMs and they are working fine.

UD still shows on the main page, same as always, for me

I don't know what the solution to your issue may be, but, I don't see either of your problems with UD.

19 minutes ago, Living Legend said:

constant hard crash?

Possibly related?

Jan 12 00:00:01 unraid root: >f+++++++++ downloads/tv/The.Amazing.Race.S30E02.720p.HDTV.x264-BAJSKORV[ettv]/The.Amazing.Race.S30E02.720p.HDTV.x264-BAJSKORV[ettv].mkv
Jan 12 00:00:03 unraid kernel: sd 1:0:6:0: [sdh] tag#0 UNKNOWN(0x2003) Result: hostbyte=0x00 driverbyte=0x08
Jan 12 00:00:03 unraid kernel: sd 1:0:6:0: [sdh] tag#0 Sense Key : 0x5 [current] 
Jan 12 00:00:03 unraid kernel: sd 1:0:6:0: [sdh] tag#0 ASC=0x21 ASCQ=0x0 
Jan 12 00:00:03 unraid kernel: sd 1:0:6:0: [sdh] tag#0 CDB: opcode=0x42 42 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 18 00
Jan 12 00:00:03 unraid kernel: blk_update_request: critical target error, dev sdh, sector 124935904

Its a read error on a disk.  But it's a real pain to read the syslog with all of the impi connection timeouts included, and the mover logging everything it's doing (disable mover logging), not to mention that the syslog rotated enough times that the beginning isn't included in the diagnostics now (due to the timeouts and mover logging)

Here to report the issue under known issues.

If you want this reported elsewhere just let me know - and if I can provide any additional logs, etc, I would be happy to.

Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: vmwrite error: reg 810 value 0 (err 0)
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: CPU: 24 PID: 9174 Comm: CPU 0/KVM Tainted: G W 4.14.13-unRAID #1
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: Hardware name: Supermicro PIO-617R-TLN4F+-ST031/X9DRi-LN4+/X9DR3-LN4+, BIOS 3.2 03/04/2015
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: Call Trace:
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: dump_stack+0x5d/0x79
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: kvm_lapic_reset+0x278/0x292 [kvm]
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: kvm_create_lapic+0xa5/0xb2 [kvm]
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: kvm_arch_vcpu_init+0xd9/0x22d [kvm]
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: kvm_vcpu_init+0xcd/0xee [kvm]
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: vmx_create_vcpu+0x54/0xd5c [kvm_intel]
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: kvm_vm_ioctl+0x13b/0x66c [kvm]
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: ? free_one_page+0xbe/0x271
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: vfs_ioctl+0x16/0x23
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: do_vfs_ioctl+0x4f1/0x504
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: SyS_ioctl+0x39/0x55
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: entry_SYSCALL_64_fastpath+0x1e/0x81
Jan 13 17:23:05 Server kernel: RIP: 0033:0x146bdafe1727

server-diagnostics-20180113-1725.zip

Having a few issues, and my log file is from 6.3.5.  First off, the after downloading the upgrade, I was unable to reboot or shutdown the server via the webgui.  It went through the motions as if it was shutting down but it remained in the Array Offline state.  I ended up restarting the server via IPMI which worked.

After it came up as 6.4, it was stuck on Starting Services on the bottom left.  I left it running for at least 30 minutes and the status never updated.  My docker containers were running as if the array was fully functional.  I ended up hitting Shutdown via the webgui and was stuck once again, so I rebooted via IPMI.  On the next reboot, I was stuck on Mounting disks (for over 30 minutes) and I hit shutdown via the webgui.  I am now stuck once again, here's what I see via IPMI.  

The most recent log on the Server was from 6.3.5 and it has not saved any new logs since the upgrade.  How should I proceed?

unraid 64 error.jpg

server-diagnostics-20180113-1956.zip

7 minutes ago, Zonediver said:

Found also an issue with the new interface - its a gray transparent area with a green bar.

That's the array disk usage indicator.  It should have a percentage used number in the gray area.  Mine shows 31% under the green bar.

Check your display settings and try toggling the "show array utilization indicator" setting to see if it changes.

Edited by Hoopster
  • Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

That's the array disk usage indicator.  It should have a percentage used number in the gray area.  Mine shows 31% under the green bar.

Check your display settings and try toggling the "show array utilization indicator" to see if it changes.

Ahhh thanks for this hint - now its gone xD

Edited by Zonediver

Upgraded from latest RC. unRAID booted fine and all VMs and Dockers appeared to load when all of the sudden everything froze. Let it sit for 10 mins but it’s was completely unresponsive, not even CLI. Had to hard reset so no diags. Upon reboot my VMs did not auto start. Virtual Manager had set its self to not auto start and said the default ISO and VM storage paths did not exist. It was looking for the unRAID default paths which I removed many versions ago. Anyways, I set up my correct paths which were set that way in the last RC and started the VMs. unRAID has been up and working for the past 10 hours and everything appears to be good. Not sure what happened but my guess is the VM settings may have caused the original unresponsiveness. Anyways hope this may help

As always, thanks LT for another great release with amazing features!

I've upgraded, and everything is working fine. I love the snappiness of the GUI, and just love all the support from this community overall!!

So now that https is supported natively, does it remove the need to do the following in order to access Nextcloud and other apps outside of my LAN:

https://cyanlabs.net/tutorials/the-complete-unraid-reverse-proxy-duck-dns-dynamic-dns-and-letsencrypt-guide/

I was in the middle of the process of getting duckdns, mariadb, letsencrypt, and nextcloud and had some issues with certificates. I upgraded to Unraid 6.4, and now I'm wondering if maybe doing all that other stuff is unnecessary? Sorry for my noobness when it comes to https access. I've never set up anything with external access before, with the exception of Plex Media Server. That was pretty straightforward though, with automatic router port forwarding, etc.

Edited by maddog808

Tried upgrading from 6.3.5 stable using updates in the plugins page.  Upon reboot, get messages about not being able to mount UNRAID.  System comes up as "tower", having lost all of my settings.  Checked the USB thumb drive; its volume label is still "UNRAID".

Any suggestions on how to roll back to 6.3.5?  I should have made a backup of the USB thumb drive before doing this update; but, I thought the update would go well.

Motherboard is an ASRock EP2C602-4L/D16.  USB 2 port is a front port hooked up to a motherboard USB header.

• limetech unpinned and locked this topic