Large Disk Failure Help

tential

Just now, johnnie.black said:

Yes, don't forget to empty it and backup first before running the scrub.

How do I run a scrub exactly?  Started googling but it looks confusing as to how I execute the command.

Does the drive need to be 100% empty, or just move as much files off as possible?  It's mostly incomplete torrents so it's no big deal.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok got everything up and running, everything has been fine, but one thing that has been plaguing me is that my memory usage slowly creeps up.  I understand the "Linux Ate my Ram" thing, but everytime it hits 100%, all of my dockers become unresponsive.  If I restart the dockers, I see the memory usage drop, and I can use them again.  Also accessing Unraid Dashboard is slow, but still possible during this time.

It's not the worst thing in the world, still better than my last setup where I restarted my download server far more often, but it seems like adding more ram would still lead me to this same issue, only just taking twice as long to have occur.

I'm only running jacket, radarr, sonarr, and Transmission, so not sure why my memory usage is so high, and at the end, even restarting all the dockers gives me less and less space and it occurs more and more often.

Could I have a memory leak or something that isn't allowing my system to release ram?

tower-diagnostics-20180310-0919.zip

18 minutes ago, tential said:

Ok got everything up and running, everything has been fine, but one thing that has been plaguing me is that my memory usage slowly creeps up.  I understand the "Linux Ate my Ram" thing, but everytime it hits 100%, all of my dockers become unresponsive.  If I restart the dockers, I see the memory usage drop, and I can use them again.  Also accessing Unraid Dashboard is slow, but still possible during this time.

It's not the worst thing in the world, still better than my last setup where I restarted my download server far more often, but it seems like adding more ram would still lead me to this same issue, only just taking twice as long to have occur.

I'm only running jacket, radarr, sonarr, and Transmission, so not sure why my memory usage is so high, and at the end, even restarting all the dockers gives me less and less space and it occurs more and more often.

Could I have a memory leak or something that isn't allowing my system to release ram?

tower-diagnostics-20180310-0919.zip

See here

25 minutes ago, tential said:

I might have made my issue worse what's going on with Disk 6 now?  I googled, and it said the error doesn't mean the drive is failing, and unraid doesn't show an error, but just shows a smart d isk warning?

I attached my diag.

tower-diagnostics-20180310-1800.zip

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/66327-unraid-os-version-641-stable-release-update-notes/

Scroll down to the 1st bullet in "Solutions to Common Problems"

Probably be a good idea to take a look at the rest of that thread as well.

A connection issue for both disks or only one of them?  Darn, I had been running for almost 9 days!

Sorry to ask, but I believe the two disk in question would be connected to the LSI card right?

I believe I need to power down the server, check the cables, do a parity check (is this necessary for the read errors?) and then go into maintenance mode and do a file system check on disk 10.

Am I right?

Thanks again for all the help, I'd just have given up like I had before.

4 minutes ago, tential said:

but I believe the two disk in question would be connected to the LSI card right?

They are, and they share the same miniSAS cable.

4 minutes ago, tential said:

I believe I need to power down the server, check the cables

Check or swap disks with the other miniSAS cable, in case the same happens again.

5 minutes ago, tential said:

do a parity check (is this necessary for the read errors?)

Not necessary

5 minutes ago, tential said:

and then go into maintenance mode and do a file system check on disk 10.

Correct

this is the log

Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps... - found root inode chunk Phase 3 - for each AG... - scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists... - process known inodes and perform inode discovery... - agno = 0 - agno = 1 - agno = 2 - agno = 3 - agno = 4 bad CRC for inode 8589934698 bad CRC for inode 8589934698, would rewrite would have cleared inode 8589934698 bmap rec out of order, inode 9495795062 entry 88 [o s c] [229862 770801601 1025], 87 [240103 770807746 12287] correcting nextents for inode 9495795062 bad data fork in inode 9495795062 would have cleared inode 9495795062 - agno = 5 - agno = 6 - agno = 7 - process newly discovered inodes... Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks... - setting up duplicate extent list... - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks... - agno = 1 - agno = 0 - agno = 2 - agno = 3 - agno = 4 bad CRC for inode 8589934698, would rewrite would have cleared inode 8589934698 - agno = 5 - agno = 6 - agno = 7 entry "flhd-sps13e11.mkv.part" in shortform directory 9495795009 references free inode 9495795062 would have junked entry "flhd-sps13e11.mkv.part" in directory inode 9495795009 would have corrected i8 count in directory 9495795009 from 2 to 1 bmap rec out of order, inode 9495795062 entry 88 [o s c] [229862 770801601 1025], 87 [240103 770807746 12287] correcting nextents for inode 9495795062 bad data fork in inode 9495795062 would have cleared inode 9495795062 No modify flag set, skipping phase 5 Phase 6 - check inode connectivity... - traversing filesystem ... entry "flhd-sps13e11.mkv.part" in shortform directory inode 9495795009 points to free inode 9495795062 would junk entry would fix i8count in inode 9495795009 - traversal finished ... - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ... Phase 7 - verify link counts... No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.

This is no surprise to me, as I am having the same issue on my Transmission client with that file where it's telling me that the file system is corrupt for it. 

Do I also need to do something for my SSD?

one of my torrents in transmission says "Error: Structure needs Cleaning"

That file is from this torrent.  Probably from when my SSD got filled all the way up.