Guide: How To Use Rclone To Mount Cloud Drives And Play Files

DZMM

With these new limitations I've tried to change the upload script so that it downloads instead with the use of service accounts to avoid the download limit, but i haven't succeded :(

I looked at the command being sent to move data from the localshare to the remote, and thought it would be as easy as just changing place with the two, so have it move from the remote share to the local, but nope....

is there anyone who's been able to update the script to download data instead? having 100TB with 750gb/day is about 4-5 months... :/

On 6/30/2023 at 8:55 PM, martikainen said:

With these new limitations I've tried to change the upload script so that it downloads instead with the use of service accounts to avoid the download limit, but i haven't succeded :(

I looked at the command being sent to move data from the localshare to the remote, and thought it would be as easy as just changing place with the two, so have it move from the remote share to the local, but nope....

is there anyone who's been able to update the script to download data instead? having 100TB with 750gb/day is about 4-5 months... :/

Download limit for Google is 10TB per day, upload is 750gb. I think you need to change the --drive-stop-on-upload flag with the --drive-stop-on-download-limit one. I think the script will then switch to the next service account to download once you hit 10TB. But with a gigabit line you won't be able to hit the 10TB per day. So you're better off to just use a simple script and keep that running.

Something like:

rclone move XXMOUNTXX /mnt/user/local -vv --buffer-size 512M --drive-chunk-size 512M --tpslimit 8 --checkers 8 --fast-list --transfers 4 --exclude *fuse_hidden* --exclude *_HIDDEN --exclude .recycle** --exclude .Recycle.Bin/** --exclude *.backup~* --exclude *.partial~* --drive-stop-on-download-limit

Edited by Kaizac
-vv instead of --vv
Download limit for Google is 10TB per day, upload is 750gb. I think you need to change the --drive-stop-on-upload flag with the --drive-stop-on-download-limit one. I think the script will then switch to the next service account to download once you hit 10TB. But with a gigabit line you won't be able to hit the 10TB per day. So you're better off to just use a simple script and keep that running.

Something like:
rclone move XXMOUNTXX /mnt/user/local --vv --buffer-size 512M --drive-chunk-size 512M --tpslimit 8 --checkers 8 --fast-list --transfers 4 --exclude *fuse_hidden* --exclude *_HIDDEN --exclude .recycle** --exclude .Recycle.Bin/** --exclude *.backup~* --exclude *.partial~* --drive-stop-on-download-limit

I was working on it but left for vacation. The upload script has a few extra measures that prevents it from running twice by creating a file to reference before running. I’ll try to finish it up in the next few days if no one beats me to it. Then you can set it to run every 10 minutes or whatever to ensure it keeps running all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 6/30/2023 at 9:31 PM, Roudy said:

I was working on it but left for vacation. The upload script has a few extra measures that prevents it from running twice by creating a file to reference before running. I’ll try to finish it up in the next few days if no one beats me to it. Then you can set it to run every 10 minutes or whatever to ensure it keeps running all day.

That's simple to add. But it's not necessary if you are <1gbit downloading, you won't hit the download cap.

But if you have an unstable connection, you can use this to run on a cron schedule.

#!/bin/bash

#######  Check if script already running  ##########

if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_download_gdrive_vfs" ]]; then

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Exiting as script already running."

exit

else

touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_download_gdrive_vfs

fi

#######  End Check if script already running  ##########

#######  check if rclone installed  ##########

if [[ -f "/mnt/user/mount_rclone/gdrive_vfs/mountcheck" ]]; then

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: rclone installed successfully - proceeding with download."

else

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: rclone not installed - will try again later."

rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_download_gdrive_vfs

exit

fi

#######  end check if rclone installed  ##########

# sync files

rclone move XXMOUNTXX /mnt/user/local -vv --buffer-size 512M --drive-chunk-size 512M --tpslimit 8 --checkers 8 --fast-list --transfers 4 --exclude *fuse_hidden* --exclude *_HIDDEN --exclude .recycle** --exclude .Recycle.Bin/** --exclude *.backup~* --exclude *.partial~* --drive-stop-on-download-limit

# remove dummy file

exit

Edited by Kaizac
-vv instead of --vv
  • Like 1
That's simple to add. But it's not necessary if you are <1gbit downloading, you won't hit the download cap.

But if you have an unstable connection, you can use this to run on a cron schedule.

#!/bin/bash#######  Check if script already running  ##########if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_download_gdrive_vfs" ]]; thenecho "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Exiting as script already running."exitelsetouch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_download_gdrive_vfsfi#######  End Check if script already running  #################  check if rclone installed  ##########if [[ -f "/mnt/user/mount_rclone/gdrive_vfs/mountcheck" ]]; thenecho "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: rclone installed successfully - proceeding with download."elseecho "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: rclone not installed - will try again later."rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_download_gdrive_vfsexitfi#######  end check if rclone installed  ########### sync filesrclone move XXMOUNTXX /mnt/user/local --vv --buffer-size 512M --drive-chunk-size 512M --tpslimit 8 --checkers 8 --fast-list --transfers 4 --exclude *fuse_hidden* --exclude *_HIDDEN --exclude .recycle** --exclude .Recycle.Bin/** --exclude *.backup~* --exclude *.partial~* --drive-stop-on-download-limit# remove dummy filerm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/rclone_download_gdrive_vfsexit

Yeah, I was running it without but we’ve been having a lot of rolling electrical outages where I’m at so I kept getting input/output errors. Had it nearly complete before leaving. I appreciate you knocking it out for everyone. If it works well, add it to GitHub and request a merge. I’m sure there will be more people who’ll need to mass download their data soon. I’ve been syncing for the time being since I haven’t received my notice yet.

59 minutes ago, drogg said:

Is there a way I could modify this exact setup to upload to another unraid server on my network using SMB? I would love to just point the folders at a new remote and not modify a thing

Yes, just use the documentation to create a SMB remote. Then everywhere the script mentions mount_rclone, you replace that with your SMB remote name.

https://rclone.org/smb/

14 hours ago, Kaizac said:

#!/bin/bash

exit

else

fi

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: rclone installed successfully - proceeding with download."

else

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: rclone not installed - will try again later."

exit

fi

# sync files

rclone move XXMOUNTXX /mnt/user/local --vv --buffer-size 512M --drive-chunk-size 512M --tpslimit 8 --checkers 8 --fast-list --transfers 4 --exclude *fuse_hidden* --exclude *_HIDDEN --exclude .recycle** --exclude .Recycle.Bin/** --exclude *.backup~* --exclude *.partial~* --drive-stop-on-download-limit

# remove dummy file

exit

Thanks to you both! But i guess I'm missing something important, keep getting this error:

"

Usage:
rclone move source:path dest:path [flags]

Flags:
--create-empty-src-dirs Create empty source dirs on destination after move
--delete-empty-src-dirs Delete empty source dirs after move
-h, --help help for move

Use "rclone [command] --help" for more information about a command.
Use "rclone help flags" for to see the global flags.
Use "rclone help backends" for a list of supported services.

How exactly is the mount point supposed to look? I've tried with 2 types  (cut down the rows below after --vv....)

# sync files

rclone move /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs/encrypted/ /mnt/user/local --vv 

and

rclone move encrypted: /mnt/user/local --vv

On 6/30/2023 at 1:42 PM, Kaizac said:

#!/bin/bash

exit

else

fi

else

exit

fi

# sync files

# remove dummy file

exit

@KaizacI believe there is a typo,  shouldn't it just be -vv instead of --vv?

Edited by lzrdking71
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, martikainen said:

Thanks to you both! But i guess I'm missing something important, keep getting this error:

"

How exactly is the mount point supposed to look? I've tried with 2 types  (cut down the rows below after --vv....)

# sync files

rclone move /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs/encrypted/ /mnt/user/local --vv 

and

rclone move encrypted: /mnt/user/local --vv

@martikainenIs "encrypted:" your mount name?

Edited by lzrdking71
On 6/25/2023 at 9:41 AM, Kaizac said:

I think he means the Gsuite to Enterprise Standard switch we all had to do with the rebranding of Google.

But you have Enterprise Standard? And if so, if you go to billing or products. What does it say below your product? For me it says unlimited storage.

Right now I don't have to migrate, but as soon as I do I will go fully local. You can join a Dropbox group, but you would need to trust those people. That is too much of an insecurity for me. So with your storage of "just" 50TB, it would be a no-brainer for me. Just get the drives. You will have repaid them within the year. In the end, Dropbox will also end their unlimited someday and it will be the same problem.

And look at your use case. Is it just Media or mostly backups? Backups can be done with Backblaze and other offerings that aren't too costly.

Media has alternatives in Plex shares and using Debrid services. The last one I'm hugely impressed by. But also that depends on how particular you are about your media.

Thanks. I get an email everyday saying this xx date you need to be below the 5 TB limit or your data will become read only.

I won't get the drives before that date so I will just have the data read only until I find a solution.

The data is mainly media and Plex. I have never heard about Debrid, but is that a worthy alternative to drive? 

11 minutes ago, Bjur said:

Thanks. I get an email everyday saying this xx date you need to be below the 5 TB limit or your data will become read only.

I won't get the drives before that date so I will just have the data read only until I find a solution.

The data is mainly media and Plex. I have never heard about Debrid, but is that a worthy alternative to drive? 

Debrid is not personal cloud storage. It allows you to download torrent files on their servers, often the torrents have already been downloaded by other members. It also gives premium access to a lot of file hosters. So for media consumption you can use certain programs like add-ons with Kodi or Stremio. With Stremio you install Torrentio, setup your Debrid account and you have all the media available to you in specific files/formats/sizes/languages. Having an own Media library is pretty pointless with this, unless you're a real connoisseur and want to have very specific formats and audio codecs. It also isn't great for non-mainstream audio languages, so you could host those locally when needed.

I still got my library with both Plex and Emby lifetime, but I almost never use it anymore.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

Debrid is not personal cloud storage. It allows you to download torrent files on their servers, often the torrents have already been downloaded by other members. It also gives premium access to a lot of file hosters. So for media consumption you can use certain programs like add-ons with Kodi or Stremio. With Stremio you install Torrentio, setup your Debrid account and you have all the media available to you in specific files/formats/sizes/languages. Having an own Media library is pretty pointless with this, unless you're a real connoisseur and want to have very specific formats and audio codecs. It also isn't great for non-mainstream audio languages, so you could host those locally when needed.

I still got my library with both Plex and Emby lifetime, but I almost never use it anymore.

First time I heard of Debrid was from one of your posts earlier in this thread. How's the privacy on that stuff? Do you need to run through a VPN? 

10 hours ago, axeman said:

First time I heard of Debrid was from one of your posts earlier in this thread. How's the privacy on that stuff? Do you need to run through a VPN? 

VPN is not needed. You're allowed with most providers to only stream from 1 IP address, this is your WAN/VPN IP. So you can have all the streams you want from within your network, as long as they share their IP. Outside your network, the same applies, so you have to be careful that someone isn't stream at home and someone else from another IP. But with 3 euros a month, getting another account is maybe not unwise to do.

But they have some VPNs whitelisted, so you could if you wanted. You'll have to check their website and your VPN.

Important to do, to protect yourself, is to make sure when using software like Stremio with Torrentio, to only use Debrid links (cached are preferred, since they already downloaded the torrent to their servers). You can also use software like Stremio to stream directly from Torrents, without Debrid. But you expose yourself that way without VPN. And the speed is often terrible, so I would really not advise doing that.

Real-Debrid is the biggest for media streaming, with the most 4K quality as well. All-Debrid is also good, but has less 4K material cached (already downloaded on their servers). But since it's so cheap, I have it as backup as well. They are also very useful for those file hosts, when you want to download some file and you have that slow transfer speed. All-Debrid has the most file hosts, but if you have both, almost always 1 of the 2 has a premium connection and you can get full download speed.

Premiumize is another provider, which I don't have experience with. They are a bit more expensive, but also offer Usenet access. Which you can use to download if you want to. If you use Kodi with some addons you can also get Easynews, which is the only usenet provider that allows to download and stream simultaneously. The others only offer that for Torrents. I'm not a fan of Kodi though, and Torrents are plentiful for me.

One project to check out is https://github.com/itsToggle/plex_debrid. They built a script that connects with Plex and you can put in a watch list or just look up a movie/series in Plex, and it will be cached in within a few minutes, and you can watch it. This would be interesting for people with multiple Plex users. It's a bit more difficult to set up though, so prepare to spend some time on that.

• Thanks 1

Hi all! so i got my dropbox mounted with crypt and plex can see it all and is scanning it all in with the correct names, so far so good. 

but when i do try and play something i get

image.png.b4827aaa5e606edea94a5b3bda67f972.png

And i am not sure what to do about this, the things i can see in logs is this: 

image.thumb.png.30592e6fa7ccd1b328c6355969e3c4a0.png

and from plex:
image.thumb.png.b8c5250bcf6c3d72ff90ecad7997fa41.png

what i already have tried: 

cleaning my mount from weird commands: 

reinstalling plex

deleting the old rclone_ directories. 

maybe someone knows what is up? 

@Kaizac Maybe you have an idea, you usually hvad a nice grasp on things. 

10 minutes ago, Playerz said:

Hi all! so i got my dropbox mounted with crypt and plex can see it all and is scanning it all in with the correct names, so far so good. 

but when i do try and play something i get

image.png.b4827aaa5e606edea94a5b3bda67f972.png

And i am not sure what to do about this, the things i can see in logs is this: 

image.thumb.png.30592e6fa7ccd1b328c6355969e3c4a0.png

and from plex:
image.thumb.png.b8c5250bcf6c3d72ff90ecad7997fa41.png

what i already have tried: 

cleaning my mount from weird commands: 

reinstalling plex

deleting the old rclone_ directories. 

maybe someone knows what is up? 

@Kaizac Maybe you have an idea, you usually hvad a nice grasp on things. 

You can't switch 1:1 from Drive to Dropbox, so I don't know what you mean with the cleaning up of your weird commands. It seems you are still using a cache? That already complicates your setup for testing.

So what I would do is to use a very simple mount command to just mount your dropbox to a folder like /mnt/user/mount_rclone/dropbox/

Then see if the files show through your windows/mac explorer software and see if you can play them from there. If you can play them through that, we know Plex is bugging out. But right now I suspect the Rclone side first.

On 7/6/2023 at 3:30 AM, Kaizac said:

VPN is not needed. You're allowed with most providers to only stream from 1 IP address, this is your WAN/VPN IP. So you can have all the streams you want from within your network, as long as they share their IP. Outside your network, the same applies, so you have to be careful that someone isn't stream at home and someone else from another IP. But with 3 euros a month, getting another account is maybe not unwise to do.

But they have some VPNs whitelisted, so you could if you wanted. You'll have to check their website and your VPN.

Important to do, to protect yourself, is to make sure when using software like Stremio with Torrentio, to only use Debrid links (cached are preferred, since they already downloaded the torrent to their servers). You can also use software like Stremio to stream directly from Torrents, without Debrid. But you expose yourself that way without VPN. And the speed is often terrible, so I would really not advise doing that.

Real-Debrid is the biggest for media streaming, with the most 4K quality as well. All-Debrid is also good, but has less 4K material cached (already downloaded on their servers). But since it's so cheap, I have it as backup as well. They are also very useful for those file hosts, when you want to download some file and you have that slow transfer speed. All-Debrid has the most file hosts, but if you have both, almost always 1 of the 2 has a premium connection and you can get full download speed.

Premiumize is another provider, which I don't have experience with. They are a bit more expensive, but also offer Usenet access. Which you can use to download if you want to. If you use Kodi with some addons you can also get Easynews, which is the only usenet provider that allows to download and stream simultaneously. The others only offer that for Torrents. I'm not a fan of Kodi though, and Torrents are plentiful for me.

One project to check out is https://github.com/itsToggle/plex_debrid. They built a script that connects with Plex and you can put in a watch list or just look up a movie/series in Plex, and it will be cached in within a few minutes, and you can watch it. This would be interesting for people with multiple Plex users. It's a bit more difficult to set up though, so prepare to spend some time on that.

Thank you for the very informative write-up, @Kaizac. I will bookmark this and revisit once I solve my current, unrelated issues. 

@Kaizac thanks for the quick answer! 

when looking in /mnt/user/mounter_mergerfs/dropbox_media_vfs/anime i get this: 

image.png.457202ec5946a4f74a3b7ce698e18d68.png

no issues here, also in plex i can see the flies thought the mount: image.png.0f6a839b1da385a7b7a2c9a548e6a79d.png

i can share my mount: 

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

####### EDIT ONLY THESE SETTINGS #######

# INSTRUCTIONS
# 1. Change the name of the rclone remote and shares to match your setup
# 2. NOTE: enter RcloneRemoteName WITHOUT ':'
# 3. Optional: include custom command and bind mount settings
# 4. Optional: include extra folders in mergerfs mount

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="dropbox_media_vfs" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
RcloneMountDirCacheTime="720h" # rclone dir cache time
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/local" # location of the local files and MountFolders you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local. Enter 'ignore' to disable
RcloneCacheShare="/mnt/disks/scratch" # location of rclone cache files without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user0/mount_rclone
RcloneCacheMaxSize="200" # Maximum size of rclone cache
RcloneCacheMaxAge="480h" # Maximum age of cache files
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_mergerfs" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="plex" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART for dockers added in docker settings page
MountFolders=\{"downloads/complete,downloads/intermediate,movies,tv,anime,moviesanime"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

# Note: Again - remember to NOT use ':' in your remote name above

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

# Add extra paths to mergerfs mount in addition to LocalFilesShare
LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable
LocalFilesShare3="ignore"
LocalFilesShare4="ignore"

# Add extra commands or filters
Command1="--rc"

CreateBindMount="N" # Y/N. Choose whether to bind traffic to a particular network adapter
RCloneMountIP="192.168.1.252" # My unraid IP is 172.30.12.2 so I create another similar IP address
NetworkAdapter="eth0" # choose your network adapter. eth0 recommended
VirtualIPNumber="1" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

29 minutes ago, Playerz said:

@Kaizac thanks for the quick answer! 

when looking in /mnt/user/mounter_mergerfs/dropbox_media_vfs/anime i get this: 

image.png.457202ec5946a4f74a3b7ce698e18d68.png

no issues here, also in plex i can see the flies thought the mount: image.png.0f6a839b1da385a7b7a2c9a548e6a79d.png

i can share my mount: 

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneRemoteName="dropbox_media_vfs" # Name of rclone remote mount WITHOUT ':'. NOTE: Choose your encrypted remote for sensitive data
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
LocalFilesShare="/mnt/user/local" # location of the local files and MountFolders you want to upload without trailing slash to rclone e.g. /mnt/user/local. Enter 'ignore' to disable
RcloneCacheShare="/mnt/disks/scratch" # location of rclone cache files without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user0/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_mergerfs" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable
DockerStart="plex" # list of dockers, separated by space, to start once mergerfs mount verified. Remember to disable AUTOSTART for dockers added in docker settings page
MountFolders=\{"downloads/complete,downloads/intermediate,movies,tv,anime,moviesanime"\} # comma separated list of folders to create within the mount

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable

Command1="--rc"

CreateBindMount="N" # Y/N. Choose whether to bind traffic to a particular network adapter
RCloneMountIP="192.168.1.252" # My unraid IP is 172.30.12.2 so I create another similar IP address
VirtualIPNumber="1" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

It's missing a part of the mount script. But what I was wondering is, can you play the files through your explorer? Seeing the files is different from being able to actually access and read them.

2 minutes ago, Kaizac said:

I was wondering is, can you play the files through your explorer? Seeing the files is different from being able to actually access and read them.

it does seem like that explorer cant play it with vlc player or the integrated from windows either. 

here is the full script: 

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

Command1="--rc"

####### END SETTINGS #######

###############################################################################
#####   DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING   #######

####### Preparing mount location variables #######
RcloneMountLocation="$RcloneMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for rclone mount
LocalFilesLocation="$LocalFilesShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for local files to be merged with rclone mount
MergerFSMountLocation="$MergerfsMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Rclone data folder location

####### create directories for rclone mount and mergerfs mounts #######
mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName # for script files
mkdir -p $RcloneCacheShare/cache/$RcloneRemoteName # for cache files
if [[  $LocalFilesShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Not creating local folders as requested."
    LocalFilesLocation="/tmp/$RcloneRemoteName"
    eval mkdir -p $LocalFilesLocation
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Creating local folders."
    eval mkdir -p $LocalFilesLocation/"$MountFolders"
fi
mkdir -p $RcloneMountLocation

if [[  $MergerfsMountShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Not creating MergerFS folders as requested."
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Creating MergerFS folders."
    mkdir -p $MergerFSMountLocation
fi

#######  Check if script is already running  #######
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Starting mount of remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Checking if this script is already running."
if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running" ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Exiting script as already running."
    exit
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Script not running - proceeding."
    touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running
fi

####### Checking have connectivity #######

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Checking if online"
ping -q -c2 google.com > /dev/null # -q quiet, -c number of pings to perform
if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then # ping returns exit status 0 if successful
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") PASSED: *** Internet online"
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") FAIL: *** No connectivity.  Will try again on next run"
    rm /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running
    exit
fi

#######  Create Rclone Mount  #######

# Check If Rclone Mount Already Created
if [[ -f "$RcloneMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} remote is already mounted."
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
# Creating mountcheck file in case it doesn't already exist
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Recreating mountcheck file for ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
    touch mountcheck
    rclone copy mountcheck $RcloneRemoteName: -vv --no-traverse
# Check bind option
    if [[  $CreateBindMount == 'Y' ]]; then
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Checking if IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
        ping -q -c2 $RCloneMountIP > /dev/null # -q quiet, -c number of pings to perform
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
        else
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating IP address ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
            ip addr add $RCloneMountIP/24 dev $NetworkAdapter label $NetworkAdapter:$VirtualIPNumber
        fi
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Created bind mount ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
    else
        RCloneMountIP=""
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating mount for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
    fi
# create rclone mount
    rclone mount \
    $Command1 $Command2 $Command3 $Command4 $Command5 $Command6 $Command7 $Command8 \
    --allow-other \
        --umask 000 \
    --dir-cache-time $RcloneMountDirCacheTime \
    --log-level INFO \
    --poll-interval 15s \
    --cache-dir=$RcloneCacheShare/cache/$RcloneRemoteName \
    --vfs-cache-mode full \
    --vfs-cache-max-size $RcloneCacheMaxSize \
    --vfs-cache-max-age $RcloneCacheMaxAge \
    --bind=$RCloneMountIP \
    $RcloneRemoteName: $RcloneMountLocation &

# Check if Mount Successful
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: sleeping for 5 seconds"
# slight pause to give mount time to finalise
    sleep 5
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: continuing..."
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Successful mount of ${RcloneRemoteName} mount."
    else
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mount failed - please check for problems.  Stopping dockers"
        docker stop $DockerStart
        exit
    fi
fi

####### Start MergerFS Mount #######

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Not creating mergerfs mount as requested."
else
    if [[ -f "$MergerFSMountLocation/mountcheck" ]]; then
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount in place."
    else
# check if mergerfs already installed
        if [[ -f "/bin/mergerfs" ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs already installed, proceeding to create mergerfs mount"
        else
# Build mergerfs binary
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs not installed - installing now."
            mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs
            docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build
            mv /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs/mergerfs /bin
# check if mergerfs install successful
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *sleeping for 5 seconds"
            sleep 5
                echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs installed successfully, proceeding to create mergerfs mount."
            else
                echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") ERROR: Mergerfs not installed successfully.  Please check for errors.  Exiting."
                exit
            fi
        fi
# Create mergerfs mount
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Creating ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
# Extra Mergerfs folders
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare2 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare2} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
            LocalFilesShare2=":$LocalFilesShare2"
        else
            LocalFilesShare2=""
        fi
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare3 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare3} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
            LocalFilesShare3=":$LocalFilesShare3"
        else
            LocalFilesShare3=""
        fi
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare4 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare4} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
            LocalFilesShare4=":$LocalFilesShare4"
        else
            LocalFilesShare4=""
        fi
# make sure mergerfs mount point is empty
        mv $MergerFSMountLocation $LocalFilesLocation
# mergerfs mount command
        mergerfs $LocalFilesLocation:$RcloneMountLocation$LocalFilesShare2$LocalFilesShare3$LocalFilesShare4 $MergerFSMountLocation -o rw,async_read=false,use_ino,allow_other,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,cache.files=partial,dropcacheonclose=true
# check if mergerfs mount successful
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Checking if ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
        else
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount failed.  Stopping dockers."
            docker stop $DockerStart
            exit
        fi
    fi
fi

####### Starting Dockers That Need Mergerfs Mount To Work Properly #######

# only start dockers once
if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/dockers_started" ]]; then
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: dockers already started."
else
# Check CA Appdata plugin not backing up or restoring
    if [ -f "/tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/backupInProgress" ] || [ -f "/tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/restoreInProgress" ] ; then
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Appdata Backup plugin running - not starting dockers."
    else
        touch /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/dockers_started
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Starting dockers."
        docker start $DockerStart
    fi
fi

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Script complete"

exit

13 minutes ago, Playerz said:

it does seem like that explorer cant play it with vlc player or the integrated from windows either. 

here is the full script: 

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

Command1="--rc"

#####   DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING   #######

RcloneMountLocation="$RcloneMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for rclone mount
LocalFilesLocation="$LocalFilesShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Location for local files to be merged with rclone mount
MergerFSMountLocation="$MergerfsMountShare/$RcloneRemoteName" # Rclone data folder location

mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName # for script files
if [[  $LocalFilesShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
else
fi

else
fi

#######  Check if script is already running  #######
echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Starting mount of remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/mount_running" ]]; then
    exit
else
fi

else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") FAIL: *** No connectivity.  Will try again on next run"
    exit
fi

#######  Create Rclone Mount  #######

echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Success ${RcloneRemoteName} remote is already mounted."
else
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mount not running. Will now mount ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
    echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Recreating mountcheck file for ${RcloneRemoteName} remote."
    touch mountcheck
# Check bind option
    if [[  $CreateBindMount == 'Y' ]]; then
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Checking if IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
        ping -q -c2 $RCloneMountIP > /dev/null # -q quiet, -c number of pings to perform
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** IP address ${RCloneMountIP} already created for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
        else
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating IP address ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
            ip addr add $RCloneMountIP/24 dev $NetworkAdapter label $NetworkAdapter:$VirtualIPNumber
        fi
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Created bind mount ${RCloneMountIP} for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
    else
        RCloneMountIP=""
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: *** Creating mount for remote ${RcloneRemoteName}"
    fi
# create rclone mount
    rclone mount \
    $Command1 $Command2 $Command3 $Command4 $Command5 $Command6 $Command7 $Command8 \
    --allow-other \
        --umask 000 \
    --log-level INFO \
    --poll-interval 15s \
    --vfs-cache-mode full \
    --bind=$RCloneMountIP \

sleep 5
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Successful mount of ${RcloneRemoteName} mount."
    else
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mount failed - please check for problems.  Stopping dockers"
        docker stop $DockerStart
        exit
    fi
fi

else
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount in place."
    else
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs already installed, proceeding to create mergerfs mount"
        else
# Build mergerfs binary
            docker run -v /mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/mergerfs:/build --rm trapexit/mergerfs-static-build
            sleep 5
                echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Mergerfs installed successfully, proceeding to create mergerfs mount."
            else
                echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") ERROR: Mergerfs not installed successfully.  Please check for errors.  Exiting."
                exit
            fi
        fi
# Create mergerfs mount
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Creating ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
# Extra Mergerfs folders
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare2 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare2} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
        else
            LocalFilesShare2=""
        fi
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare3 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare3} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
        else
            LocalFilesShare3=""
        fi
        if [[  $LocalFilesShare4 != 'ignore' ]]; then
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Adding ${LocalFilesShare4} to ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount."
        else
            LocalFilesShare4=""
        fi
# mergerfs mount command
        mergerfs $LocalFilesLocation:$RcloneMountLocation$LocalFilesShare2$LocalFilesShare3$LocalFilesShare4 $MergerFSMountLocation -o rw,async_read=false,use_ino,allow_other,func.getattr=newest,category.action=all,category.create=ff,cache.files=partial,dropcacheonclose=true
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Checking if ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Check successful, ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount created."
        else
            echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount failed.  Stopping dockers."
            docker stop $DockerStart
            exit
        fi
    fi
fi

if [[ -f "/mnt/user/appdata/other/rclone/remotes/$RcloneRemoteName/dockers_started" ]]; then
else
    if [ -f "/tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/backupInProgress" ] || [ -f "/tmp/ca.backup2/tempFiles/restoreInProgress" ] ; then
        echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") INFO: Appdata Backup plugin running - not starting dockers."
    else
    fi
fi

exit

Next time post your scripts in the code box option in this input field of the forum. That way the formatting is preserved.

Right now I see --allow-other not lined up with the other commands. Is that actually the case for your script?

I don't expect that to be the issue, but you never know. Another thing that could cause is your rclone config for Dropbox. Can you share the config anonimized? I just need the Dropbox and the crypt on that dropbox config. So 2 mounts.

And then lastly, just use a simple mount script. For example:

rclone mount --allow-other --log-level INFO --umask 002 dropbox_media_vfs: /mnt/user/mount_rclone/dropbox

This is not the mount script for daily usage, but it will do the minimum to see if the mount script is the issue.

• Thanks 1

@Kaizac 
i rebooted my system without running my mount script, and this is what i got from it. 

image.thumb.png.38c6d9eccbe3e7f754a613dd5b617815.png

and this is my dropbox config: 

image.thumb.png.8c436ab27b45c193d700f597c1bb9306.png

the base32768 is to shorten the naming scheme when uploading. 

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_mergerfs" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable

Command1="--rc"

VirtualIPNumber="1" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

#####   DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING   #######

if [[  $LocalFilesShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
else
fi

if [[  $MergerfsMountShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
else
fi

#######  Check if script is already running  #######
	exit
else
fi

else
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") FAIL: *** No connectivity.  Will try again on next run"
	exit
fi

#######  Create Rclone Mount  #######

else
	touch mountcheck
# Check bind option
	if [[  $CreateBindMount == 'Y' ]]; then
		else
		fi
	else
		RCloneMountIP=""
	fi
# create rclone mount
	rclone mount \
	--allow-other \
        --umask 000 \
	--log-level INFO \
	--poll-interval 15s \
	--vfs-cache-mode full \
	--bind=$RCloneMountIP \

sleep 5
	else
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mount failed - please check for problems.  Stopping dockers"
		docker stop $DockerStart
		exit
	fi
fi

else
	else
		else
# Build mergerfs binary
			sleep 5
			else
				echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") ERROR: Mergerfs not installed successfully.  Please check for errors.  Exiting."
				exit
			fi
		fi
# Create mergerfs mount
# Extra Mergerfs folders
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare2 != 'ignore' ]]; then
		else
			LocalFilesShare2=""
		fi
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare3 != 'ignore' ]]; then
		else
			LocalFilesShare3=""
		fi
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare4 != 'ignore' ]]; then
		else
			LocalFilesShare4=""
		fi
# mergerfs mount command
		else
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount failed.  Stopping dockers."
			docker stop $DockerStart
			exit
		fi
	fi
fi

else
	else
	fi
fi

exit

and thanks for the info about the code block, i don't usually use forums. 

Edited by Playerz
15 minutes ago, Playerz said:

@Kaizac 
i rebooted my system without running my mount script, and this is what i got from it. 

image.thumb.png.38c6d9eccbe3e7f754a613dd5b617815.png

and this is my dropbox config: 

image.thumb.png.8c436ab27b45c193d700f597c1bb9306.png

the base32768 is to shorten the naming scheme when uploading. 

#!/bin/bash

######################
#### Mount Script ####
######################
## Version 0.96.9.2 ##
######################

# INSTRUCTIONS

# REQUIRED SETTINGS
RcloneMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_rclone" # where your rclone remote will be located without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_rclone
MergerfsMountShare="/mnt/user/mount_mergerfs" # location without trailing slash  e.g. /mnt/user/mount_mergerfs. Enter 'ignore' to disable

# OPTIONAL SETTINGS

LocalFilesShare2="ignore" # without trailing slash e.g. /mnt/user/other__remote_mount/or_other_local_folder.  Enter 'ignore' to disable

Command1="--rc"

VirtualIPNumber="1" # creates eth0:x e.g. eth0:1.  I create a unique virtual IP addresses for each mount & upload so I can monitor and traffic shape for each of them

#####   DO NOT EDIT ANYTHING BELOW UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING   #######

if [[  $LocalFilesShare == 'ignore' ]]; then
else
fi

else
fi

#######  Check if script is already running  #######
	exit
else
fi

else
	echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") FAIL: *** No connectivity.  Will try again on next run"
	exit
fi

#######  Create Rclone Mount  #######

else
	touch mountcheck
# Check bind option
	if [[  $CreateBindMount == 'Y' ]]; then
		else
		fi
	else
		RCloneMountIP=""
	fi
# create rclone mount
	rclone mount \
	--allow-other \
        --umask 000 \
	--log-level INFO \
	--poll-interval 15s \
	--vfs-cache-mode full \
	--bind=$RCloneMountIP \

sleep 5
	else
		echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mount failed - please check for problems.  Stopping dockers"
		docker stop $DockerStart
		exit
	fi
fi

else
	else
		else
# Build mergerfs binary
			sleep 5
			else
				echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") ERROR: Mergerfs not installed successfully.  Please check for errors.  Exiting."
				exit
			fi
		fi
# Create mergerfs mount
# Extra Mergerfs folders
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare2 != 'ignore' ]]; then
		else
			LocalFilesShare2=""
		fi
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare3 != 'ignore' ]]; then
		else
			LocalFilesShare3=""
		fi
		if [[  $LocalFilesShare4 != 'ignore' ]]; then
		else
			LocalFilesShare4=""
		fi
# mergerfs mount command
		else
			echo "$(date "+%d.%m.%Y %T") CRITICAL: ${RcloneRemoteName} mergerfs mount failed.  Stopping dockers."
			docker stop $DockerStart
			exit
		fi
	fi
fi

else
	else
	fi
fi

exit

and thanks for the info about the code block, i don't usually use forums. 

Sorry about the script. You need to create the folder first and then run the script.

But are you using Dropbox Enterprise or Advanced, whatever it's called, the business one? If so you need to put a / before your folder in your rclone config for the crypt.

So:

dropbox:/dropbox_media_vfs