502 bad gateway cant fix

comet424

im making a new topic since i not sure if the rsync topic can fix this

i had posted i having lots issues with the rsync  now it said someone tampering and such...  i had uninstalled SSH Plugin  didnt help   i reinstalled it didnt help  i uninstalled it deleted the SSH folder and rebooted  tower

now  when i booted up  i get 502 bad gateway... i can telenet in... and my Plex server still works.. but i cant access gui to reinstall ssh  for rysnc

is there an easy fix??

Just now, comet424 said:

how i boot to safe mode...  id have to get a video card  as right now the server is a headless  doesnt have a video card  

did the files show anything?

You can edit the syslinux.cfg file on the boot drive (click on it in the Main tab) and move the ‘default’ entry to the Safe Mode option.   Rebooting will then bring you up in Safe Mode.

how you click the main tab  since i cant get to the main page

i did rename the ident.cfg   file to !ident.cfg

i hit the reset button on the computer and let it boot back up...  still cant get to the main page  

i can still use filezilla to access the server..  still cant access the mnt folder

still cant \\tower   either...

i guess i need to install video card and then 

and i looked at the file all it shows in the file is " include /syslinux/syslinux.cfg"

it was located /boot/EFI/boot

so how do i make that boot into safe mode...  big problems when you have no video card on the server anything else i could do before i try to get a video card in the machine

Just now, comet424 said:

how you click the main tab  since i cant get to the main page

i did rename the ident.cfg   file to !ident.cfg

i hit the reset button on the computer and let it boot back up...  still cant get to the main page  

i can still use filezilla to access the server..  still cant access the mnt folder

still cant \\tower   either...

i guess i need to install video card and then 

and i looked at the file all it shows in the file is " include /syslinux/syslinux.cfg"

it was located /boot/EFI/boot

so how do i make that boot into safe mode...  big problems when you have no video card on the server anything else i could do before i try to get a video card in the machine

The file you want to edit is in syslinux/syslinux.cfg - not the one in the EFI folder.

ok what do i edit in here..  and will this let me boot to safe mode and then i can telnet in.. or do i still need to do it on the computer.. as i mentioned no video card in that computer  

but here is the file 

default menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label unRAID OS GUI Safe Mode (no plugins)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

if worse comes to worse and i have to format and install the usb  can i import a configuration file  that re imports the dockers.. my windows server vm  and such  like  Pfsense does  you save config and it loads it  

thats if you guys cant figure whats wrong 

oh and i tried rsyncing from the backup computer to the main unraid    and i was able to transfer files..  but i can not access the shares.. s

so unraid can see unraid shares  but  filezilla for mnt/    or the \\tower in windows is unaccesable.  so i not sure if that helps you guys figure what is wrong

if i run safe mode that has no plugins  but runs the gui  i log in..  i click the start button and click web interface... and just loads up fire fox and says sorry  we are updating it before you can use it thing and to click restart button on the firefox 

doesnt do anything else

ok i fixed it

i re edited the go file and rem'd out the stuff i added.. but what is wrong with it.. i added this code from hoopster for rsync  but what is wrong with it??  or what should be fixed

#cd /root/.ssh
#cp /boot/config/sshroot/* /root/.ssh/
#chmod 600 *

##Setup drivers for hardware decoding in Plex
#modprobe i915
#chown -R nobody:users /dev/dri
#chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

## Copy SSH files back to /root/.ssh folder and set permissions for files
#mkdir -p /root/.ssh
#cp /boot/config/ssh/medianas_key /root/.ssh/id_rsa
#cp /boot/config/ssh/known_hosts /root/.ssh/known_hosts
#cat /boot/config/ssh/backupnas_key.pub > /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
#chmod g-rwx,o-rwx -R /root/.ssh

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

3 minutes ago, comet424 said:

i added this code from hoopster for rsync  but what is wrong with it??

Perhaps @Hoopster can offer some advice.

Didn't you delete /root/.ssh somewhere earlier in your monologue? If so, then

cd /root/.ssh

would fail and

chmod 600 *

would be applied to your current working directory and probably break a few things, making them non-executable. Surely

chmod 600 /root/.ssh/*

would be much safer.

because i know i was editing the go file that was in that notflash folder that wasnt even working lol

but i was reading also linustechtips  there article

so i might have used his and theres together...

so  unraid is very fussy  if something deleted  it breaks  is there no way for like a if file doesnt exsist  dont break the software  just report a warning in a log 

and with dislexia and all the stuff  i was reading to try to fix his rsync to fix mine.. like i need "tac"  program  to write to log files   and didnt wanna bug him always i try googling alot too  

i might have mixed something up in the end

why would i know if unraid comes with ssh...

when i was reading to use rsync

you need to have cron ssh and one other thing installed..

like id know if ssh package installed...  and when i went to apps to search it said  ssh plugins  so i installed it..

and the cron i learned is installed too but it doesnt work  nor does the whats cron icon under ssh plugins

as i need to use this "tac"  command

Archived