[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

Hello,

My intent is to use qbittorrentvpn for all access to the internet for other tools such as Sabnzdb. The console for qbittorrent and sabnzdb both return my vpn ip address.  I can access the sabnzdb WebUI using the IpAddress:port/sabnzdb via my lan.  However I cannot access the sabnzdb WebUI from the docker WebUI button?  I get "about:blank#blocked" in the browser.  Is the docker WebUI expected to work in my configuration?sabnzbd.cfg.txt'binhex-qbittorrentvpn.cfg.txt

Is there a guide somewhere to get qBittorrentVPN to work with PIA's Wireguard service? There is no .conf file on the PIA website and I am using their basic openvpn.conf file. Everything works fine, seeds work, etc etc.

Swapping to wireguard breaks it/doesn't allow it to work.

PIA doesn't supply a wireguard conf file. So I am assuming I need to 'make' one.

I've searched reddit, the internet, now here. So now hoping you all can lead me in the right direction.

Also, what really is the difference between the different openVPN profiles (strong/normal/recommended etc). 

Thank you very much in advance. 

EDIT: Is this qBittorrentvpn client (exclusively) for torrenting with the VPN or can I essentially route dockers through here to use the VPN service? Or would I be better to use something like GlueVPN to route traffic through a VPN for setting up a reverse VPN and other stuff?

Edited by StabbyMeowkins
37 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

Is there a guide somewhere to get qBittorrentVPN to work with PIA's Wireguard service? There is no .conf file on the PIA website and I am using their basic openvpn.conf file. Everything works fine, seeds work, etc etc.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

scroll down to Q21

38 minutes ago, StabbyMeowkins said:

EDIT: Is this qBittorrentvpn client (exclusively) for torrenting with the VPN or can I essentially route dockers through here to use the VPN service? Or would I be better to use something like GlueVPN to route traffic through a VPN for setting up a reverse VPN and other stuff?

Yes you can route other dockers through the vpn. Search YouTube and you should find several videos for this. I believe SpaceInvaderOne made one specifically for this docker.

• Thanks 1

I am trying to configure this correctly but can't get the web gui to come up.  I am assuming that's because it can't connect to my VPN service (I use protonvpn).  I've copied the configuration file from them and set up my username and password but seeing a lot of failed authorization messages.  Is that because I have 2fa enabled with proton?

Is that what's preventing the container from connecting to them and therefore not allowing the gui to come up?  If so, how do I remedy that as I am a paid subscriber of proton and really like their service.  If that's not causing the problem, what else do I need to do get it working?

Thanks so much in advance for your help!!!

qbittorrent command execution.txt qbittorrent supervisor log.txt

9 minutes ago, mekelly said:

Simple password with no special characters didn't resolve the issue.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!!!

How are you entering the password? If you're using copy/paste maybe try typing it into the password field. Also, are you sure you're using the correct credentials? I know PIA has separate credentials for VPN login and website login.

how do i configure the container to use the dedicated ip address i bought from PIA? i have the dedicated IP token, but idk where to put it. do i need to set up the openVPN credentials differently? i have no idea what im doing. thank

10 hours ago, mekelly said:

I typed the password in.  I have a paid protonvpn account so I chose protonvpn for Key 4 and typed in my credentials. 

Are you using the correct username and password specifically for openvpn and not the prontonvpn account?

How to manually set up port forwarding

https://protonvpn.com/support/port-forwarding-manual-setup/#:~:text=To use port forwarding%2C add,suffixes supported by Proton VPN.

How to log in to Proton VPN

https://protonvpn.com/support/vpn-login/

Jarare, thank you so much.  I did have my protonvpn credentials entered, not my openvpn credentials.

Once I changed those, the webgui comes up!  However, when I try to log in to the webgui using those same openvpn credentials, it tells me I have an invalid username or password.  I tried it with the exact same openvpn credentials as well as without the '+pmp' in the username.  Same results.

Is this a different set of credentials?  What credentials do I need to enter in the qBittorrent Web UI to log in?

Hi all, just updated my docker and found I can no longer login...

I found this in the log but it does not work either:

The WebUI administrator username is: admin
The WebUI administrator password was not set. A temporary password is provided for this session: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
You should set your own password in program preferences.
2024-03-10 19:13:33,820 DEBG 'watchdog-script' stdout output:
[info] qBittorrent process listening on port 8080

Is there an easy way to reset the this password and does any one know why this may have occured ?

Thanks

T

2 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Pinned at the top of the page 2nd one down.

Thanks found that - odd thing was I could not get in at all... just restarted it and I could then use the temp password.

Thanks for the quick response.

T

Hi, I'm using this docker with protonvpn and it stopped working without me changing anything. I rechecked the username and password, created a new wireguard config but I can't get it to work again.

I not fully removed the docker and all its files but I still can't get it to work. It works when I select no vpn, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with protonvpn. I also tried the +pmp thing, port forwarding etc pretty much all combinations without any luck so far

24 minutes ago, Florris said:

Hi, I'm using this docker with protonvpn and it stopped working without me changing anything. I rechecked the username and password, created a new wireguard config but I can't get it to work again.

I not fully removed the docker and all its files but I still can't get it to work. It works when I select no vpn, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with protonvpn. I also tried the +pmp thing, port forwarding etc pretty much all combinations without any luck so far

Attach your supervisord log to your next post as well as your docker run file. Be sure to redact users and passwords.

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Attach your supervisord log to your next post as well as your docker run file. Be sure to redact users and passwords.

docker run
  -d
  --name='binhex-qbittorrentvpn'
  --net='bridge'
  --privileged=true
  -e TZ="Europe/Berlin"
  -e HOST_OS="Unraid"
  -e HOST_HOSTNAME="Bocchi"
  -e HOST_CONTAINERNAME="binhex-qbittorrentvpn"
  -e 'VPN_ENABLED'='yes'
  -e 'VPN_USER'='myprotonvpnusername'
  -e 'VPN_PASS'='myprotonvpnpassword'
  -e 'VPN_PROV'='protonvpn'
  -e 'VPN_CLIENT'='wireguard'
  -e 'VPN_OPTIONS'=''
  -e 'STRICT_PORT_FORWARD'='no'
  -e 'ENABLE_PRIVOXY'='no'
  -e 'ENABLE_STARTUP_SCRIPTS'='no'
  -e 'WEBUI_PORT'='8080'
  -e 'LAN_NETWORK'='192.168.0.0/22'
  -e 'NAME_SERVERS'='84.200.69.80,37.235.1.174,1.1.1.1,37.235.1.177,84.200.70.40,1.0.0.1'
  -e 'VPN_INPUT_PORTS'=''
  -e 'VPN_OUTPUT_PORTS'=''
  -e 'DEBUG'='false'
  -e 'UMASK'='000'
  -e 'PUID'='99'
  -e 'PGID'='100'
  -l net.unraid.docker.managed=dockerman
  -l net.unraid.docker.webui='http://[IP]:[PORT:8080]/'
  -l net.unraid.docker.icon='https://raw.githubusercontent.com/binhex/docker-templates/master/binhex/images/qbittorrent-icon.png'
  -p '6881:6881/tcp'
  -p '6881:6881/udp'
  -p '8080:8080/tcp'
  -p '8118:8118/tcp'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/data':'/data':'rw'
  -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn':'/config':'rw'
  --sysctl="net.ipv4.conf.all.src_valid_mark=1" 'binhex/arch-qbittorrentvpn'

16c1cfa57cf6df1691c2499a609b6ddaeffdc508f643006e9456e722430f368c

The logs are stuck at this point for a while, then it tries again until it finally starts the UI without any internet connection

supervisord.log

Hi all

Just saw that a tracker says my connection is "closed"

SOOO long ago i messed around with the wg0 config.

I use OVPN.

Just tryed crating a new port and config but then i get 

Warning: `/config/wireguard/wg0.conf' is world accessible

Is that a bad thing?

Somebody have the "guide" how to portforward in OVPN? :)

Thanks!

2 hours ago, DanielPT said:

Is that a bad thing?

Somebody have the "guide" how to portforward in OVPN? :)

That warning is standard. The only requirement for port forwarding with this docker is to use a server that supports port forwarding.

If you provide some details someone may be able to help.

• Like 1