[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

5 hours ago, benjipewpew said:

ProtonVPN username 'MY_PROTON_USERNAME_REDACTED' does not contain the suffix '+pmp' and therefore is not enabled for port forwarding, skipping port forward assignment...

you have set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'yes' and yet you have not added the suffix for the username as shown in the log, either set STRICT_PORT_FORWARD to 'no' or fix the username.

10 hours ago, bnovotny said:
  --net='br0'
  --ip='192.168.1.12'

This is one issue, you cannot assign an ip to the docker container that is in the same range as your LAN_NETWORK (which it is), switch it back to the 'Bridge' (the default) then try again.

10 hours ago, bnovotny said:

I'm stumped and pretty sure I just suck at iptables, any help is appreciated. 

Feel free to tweak iptables, but be extremely careful, unless you know what you are doing you can easily cause a ip leak without knowing it.

"File error alert. ----truncated---- error: Permission denied"

I wanted to post this in case someone else runs into this issue and needs suggestion. I would've posted in this thread but it's closed.

I had this error wanted to post this if some else comes along searching for something to try.

"File error alert. ----truncated---- error: Permission denied"

I have been searching for fix. I found a constant answer of "it's permissions".

Makes sense.

But....

all permissions set drwxrwxrwx

Turns out I had the wrong path in my qbit download settings.

I had set to /mnt/user/data/torrents/downloads.

But I didnt need the /mnt/user.

just the actual root share:

/data/torrents/downloads

Change to it and instantly fixed.

Hope this helps someone!

Edited by emptyskull
On 1/30/2024 at 4:16 AM, binhex said:

This is one issue, you cannot assign an ip to the docker container that is in the same range as your LAN_NETWORK (which it is), switch it back to the 'Bridge' (the default) then try again.

What, since when? I am using custom br0 network for my container assigned as IP 192.168.1.50, and my LAN_NETWORKS is permitting 192.168.1.0/24,10.253.0.0/24.  I don't think I am experiencing any issues with accessing the container locally or remotely via WireGuard.

2 hours ago, nickydd9 said:

What, since when?

since the inception of this image in 2016, it was designed around the default 'bridge'.

2 hours ago, nickydd9 said:

I don't think I am experiencing any issues with accessing the container locally or remotely via WireGuard.

so from a device with a 192.168.1.xxx ip you can connect to the qbittorrent web ui on ip 192.168.1.50?

Hello everyone!

I want to torrent onto an NVMe SSD share, to take full advantage of its write capabilities. However, I'd like to seed long term from a HDD, where capacity is the priority.

1. What I can think of is to have two shares: one SSD share for incomplete (leeching) downloads, and one HDD share for completed (seeding) downloads. But since you can only map one share in the container /data path, how would I go about doing that? In qBittorrent settings, Downloads -> Saving Management -> Default/Incomplete save path, qBittorrent will only ever see the one share I can map to it, not the second one that's outside the container unless mapped. I don't know how to map that second share to qBittorrent.
  2. I've read Trash Guides about downloading to an SSD then having the mover move completed/seeding torrents. It is an alternative, that I'd like to avoid if possible: I'd like to keep my seeding pool and array separate, so my array doesn't get spun up. It's spun down about 90% of the time otherwise.

I'm very new to docker containers, and I assume there's a way to do what I describe; but I haven't found one myself, or I lack the knowledge to know what to look for.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, binhex said:

so from a device with a 192.168.1.xxx ip you can connect to the qbittorrent web ui on ip 192.168.1.50?

Yes absolutely. From another laptop and a desktop both addressed inside of 192.168.1.0/24 I am able to hit the Web UI of the qbit container (192.168.1.50:8080), which is why I am confused with you saying it shouldn't work. 

I’m having an issue where my Qbittorrent folder is being deleted under /Downloads share. This is the second time it’s been deleted. I think since I upgraded to Unraid 6.12.6

Then I’m getting an error showing up in sonarr and radarr.

You are using docker; download client qBittorent places downloads in /data/qBittorrent/downloads but this directory does not appear to exist inside the container. Review your remote path mappings and container volume settings.

It’s not a mapping issue. The folder is gone. I had this happen a week or two ago, I recreated the /data/qBittorrent/downloads Directory as it was completely gone. Now it’s gone again.

the only scheduled tasks I’ve seen happen in the last 24 hrs duplicacy backup. But it’s not mapped to that directory to backup anything. Docker updates and backup happen on a Saturday and Sunday. It’s Wednesday 07/02 12:58pm as I’m posting this.

the BINHEX - QBITTORRENTVPN superviscord.log doesn’t show anything but IP address refreshes for the VPN.

any suggests on leads would be really appreciated. 🙂

Edited by CafeNevosa
8 hours ago, CafeNevosa said:

I’m having an issue where my Qbittorrent folder is being deleted under /Downloads share.

please can you do this:-

Left click the container and select 'Edit', make any change to a value, then switch it back to what it was and click on 'Apply', then copy and paste the 'Command execution' shown to a file and attach and post here.

On 2/5/2024 at 1:01 AM, nickydd9 said:

Yes absolutely. From another laptop and a desktop both addressed inside of 192.168.1.0/24 I am able to hit the Web UI of the qbit container (192.168.1.50:8080), which is why I am confused with you saying it shouldn't work. 

i did some investigation into this and it looks like something has changed, either unraid related, docker related or wireguard related, in any case this is the curent state of things:-

vpn -  custom bridge vs 'bridge'
--------------------------------
with custom bridge with specific ip
	wireguard
		can access the webui from lan
		cannot access the webui from remote over vpn
		cannot access the webui from port forward
	openvpn
		cannot access webui from lan
		cannot access the webui from remote over vpn

with 'bridge
	wireguard
		can acccess the webui from the lan
		can access the webui from remote over vpn
	openvpn
		can access the webui from lan
		can access the webui from remote over vpn
		can access the webui from port forward

so as you can see from the above, best connectivity is from 'bridge' mode using openvpn, second is 'bridge' mode using wireguard, however accessing the web ui over a simple port forward when using wireguard does not work, even in bridge mode.

so you currently have it set to wireguard with a custom bridge, which will get you access to the web ui, but will not permit access to the web ui when remoting in over vpn (at least not in my testing it didnt!).

1 hour ago, binhex said:

so you currently have it set to wireguard with a custom bridge, which will get you access to the web ui, but will not permit access to the web ui when remoting in over vpn (at least not in my testing it didnt!).

It is working for me. I have WireGuard setup for remote access to my Unraid server. My "Peer type of access" is Remote Tunneled Access and I am using the desired config of "Use NAT = No", "Host Access to Custom Networks = Enabled" and I have a static route from my WireGuard subnet to my Unraid host with a metric of 1. Basically just followed this guide: https://docs.unraid.net/unraid-os/manual/security/vpn/

In the DockerMan template for your qbit container, I also ensured to add the WireGuard subnet in the "LAN_NETWORKS" variable so that I can access the Web UI. 

With this type of setup I can access the containers WebUI while connected to my LAN, or while remote connected through a WireGuard VPN tunnel. I have not tested access via a port forward because I've never wanted to expose the container that way. 

4 minutes ago, nickydd9 said:

@binhex I am betting your "host access to custom networks" is probably disabled which is why you wouldn't hit the qbit container with a custom br0 IP. As described in the Unraid Docs:

image.png.6626ead6e0c499e0b08038d19efa29bb.png

Thanks for this, i am connecting differently as i have a pfsense box running wireguard and i connect in over that, so perhaps im missing some configuration, in any case im happy that you can connect fine with a custom bridge, and hopefully the above might help somebody else out 🙂

• Like 1

I recently had to rebuild my docker image because it became corrupted and after reinstalling all the containers using the "Previously Installed" templates for my containers, I'm now running into an error with this container where docker says it's running but going into the log it runs into this error:

Bad command line: 
You cannot use -d (or --daemon): qBittorrent is already running for this user.
Run application with -h option to read about command line parameters.

I went into bash and confirmed that there weren't any hidden containers running, and I wasn't having any issues until I had to rebuild my container list.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 092415.png

supervisord.txt

6 minutes ago, blackbox_haver said:

I recently had to rebuild my docker image because it became corrupted and after reinstalling all the containers using the "Previously Installed" templates for my containers, I'm now running into an error with this container where docker says it's running but going into the log it runs into this error:

Bad command line: 
You cannot use -d (or --daemon): qBittorrent is already running for this user.
Run application with -h option to read about command line parameters.

I went into bash and confirmed that there weren't any hidden containers running, and I wasn't having any issues until I had to rebuild my container list.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 092415.png

supervisord.txt 42.57 kB · 1 download

I can see one error right off-

2024-02-10 09:29:11.253008 [info] LAN_NETWORK defined as '192.168.0.35'

This is not correct.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Scroll down to Q4.

2 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I can see one error right off-

This is not correct.

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Scroll down to Q4.

Hmmmmm trying to find the eth0 network address using the terminal doesn't return a network address per the FAQ you linked, I've attached the results.  I can go into the Unraid network settings and see it however.  I tried a couple different CIDR configs in the LAN network line however it's still returning that same Bad Command Line error I mentioned earlier.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 111426.png

A weird thing is one of the private tracker i use shows I'm still seeding even though the container is throwing errors

Edited by blackbox_haver
2 hours ago, blackbox_haver said:

Hmmmmm trying to find the eth0 network address using the terminal doesn't return a network address per the FAQ you linked, I've attached the results.  I can go into the Unraid network settings and see it however.  I tried a couple different CIDR configs in the LAN network line however it's still returning that same Bad Command Line error I mentioned earlier.

Screenshot 2024-02-10 111426.png

A weird thing is one of the private tracker i use shows I'm still seeding even though the container is throwing errors

Did you try the online calculator?

Honestly I’m not sure this has anything to do with your error. Just a misconfigured setting. Have you also tried rebooting?

1 hour ago, wgstarks said:

Did you try the online calculator?

Honestly I’m not sure this has anything to do with your error. Just a misconfigured setting. Have you also tried rebooting?

I haven't rebooted the server, that'll probably be my next step as I've tried deleting the container and reinstalling it thinking that might've helped but no dice on that.

Hopefully a reboot solves it, because I haven't found anyone else with this error.

Hi Binhex, first thing many thanks for what you do!

I'm happily running this container with ProtonVPN and portforwarding and the fact that it's updating the port automatically is great and appears to be working well (even though sometimes I get something like this, but apparenty a non issue)

2024-02-11 16:04:44,842 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
readnatpmpresponseorretry() failed : the gateway does not support nat-pmp
  errno=11 'Resource temporarily unavailable'

2024-02-11 16:04:44,848 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[warn] Unable to assign an incoming port for protocol UDP, returning 1 from function...
[warn] Unable to assign incoming port
[info] 9 retries left
[info] Retrying in 10 secs...

2024-02-11 16:05:00,285 DEBG 'start-script' stdout output:
[info] Successfully assigned and bound incoming port '36933'

My question now is, I have another container (aMule) that would benefit from portforwarding.

Normally it would need 4662/TCP 4672/UDP (not sure if I can set a single one)

I was trying to do it with Gluetun but I have the problem of random open port from Proton that don't match the ones I need, and it would be actually great to route it through your qbittorentvpn container.

Is it possible to route the other container through the same port or set a different one?

Else is there a way I can you a script similar to what you're doing with qbit for my other instance of aMule?

Thanks a lot for any help!

For anyone in the future that runs into this error message with binhex-qbittorrent:

Bad command line: You cannot use -d (or --daemon): qBittorrent is already running for this user. Run application with -h option to read about command line parameters.

All you should have to do is reboot your server.  That ended up solving the problem for me!

59 minutes ago, blackbox_haver said:

For anyone in the future that runs into this error message with binhex-qbittorrent:

Bad command line: You cannot use -d (or --daemon): qBittorrent is already running for this user. Run application with -h option to read about command line parameters.

All you should have to do is reboot your server.  That ended up solving the problem for me!

Did you also get the correct LAN network setting?