[Support] binhex - qBittorrentVPN

59 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

Speaking of, given the bug you noted above, and 'downgrade' update, do I need to do that, or am I okay to stay as I am, since it appears to be working?

wireguard is unaffected by CRL (specific to openvpn)

1 hour ago, binhex said:

wireguard is unaffected by CRL (specific to openvpn)

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood.  You said earlier "Please pull latest image at your convenience and switch back to openvpn."

That implied WG in my mind, since it was the only alternative to OpenVPN, my mistake. 

Thanks for the awesome container and 1st class support!

2 minutes ago, Elmojo said:

switch back to openvpn

yes sorry i wasn't clear enough, i meant switch back to openvpn IF you were forced to switch to Wireguard and you WANT to move back (for whatever reason - multi remote endpoint support being the main one).

• Like 1
On 5/3/2024 at 2:40 PM, Fribb said:

yeah, this isn't any different to what I did. Wireguard and the VPN work fine, the curled IP from ifconfig.co/ip is different to the one I get in just my regular browser. However, the WebUI of Qbit is not accessible for whatever reason 

the only errors in the linked log file are Standard error outputs from the Start Script which don't look like errors to me.

Hey, did you check that the LAN_NETWORK env is correct?

I just had the same issue where the UI worked in OpenVPN but not wireguard. Correctly setting that variable to the cidr of my lan fixed it 😀

5 hours ago, ck1 said:

Hey, did you check that the LAN_NETWORK env is correct?

I just had the same issue where the UI worked in OpenVPN but not wireguard. Correctly setting that variable to the cidr of my lan fixed it 😀

Thank you, that was it. I don't know why that was set to '192.168.1.0/24'. set that to my correct LAN network and now it works.

Hi there, I have an issue with the binhex-qbittorentvpn docker. Basically, if you have to change all the ports, as they might be already occupied, or any other reason, the WebUI won't start. The only way to get the WebUI to work, is to delete the image (just changing the ports back to original values won't work) and leave all the port values at the original state.

Are there some hidden ports, which aren't visible in the docker edit view, which have also to be changed?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2024 at 9:27 AM, Doublemyst said:

Hi there, I have an issue with the binhex-qbittorentvpn docker. Basically, if you have to change all the ports, as they might be already occupied, or any other reason, the WebUI won't start. The only way to get the WebUI to work, is to delete the image (just changing the ports back to original values won't work) and leave all the port values at the original state.

Are there some hidden ports, which aren't visible in the docker edit view, which have also to be changed?

if your port 8080 is occupied, as mine is by unifi controller, then just change the 8080 variable to an unused port

On 9/18/2023 at 11:10 PM, Masterwishx said:

Is it working now? 

Tryed some dark themes but have same error. 

Tryed you location same error. 

Also tryed mount /theme to location.. 

I'm not using the binhex template for qBittorrent, but just worked out how to get Dark mode working and though I would share.  Should work for this container as well:

Theme from:
https://github.com/Carve/qbittorrent-webui-cjratliff.com

cd /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrentvpn
git clone https://github.com/Carve/qbittorrent-webui-cjratliff.com

This creates the theme located at

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-qbittorrent/qbittorrent-webui-cjratliff.com

The path for this inside the container is:

/config/qbittorrent-webui-cjratliff.com

qBittorrent Tools, Options | Web UI:

image.png.bb932c31cd97c4fb2d11a46c98f37329.png

Restart qBittorrent container and SHIFT+F5 in your browser to force a complete refresh.

Edited by jortan
  • Thanks 1

I have observed weird behaviour since roughly a week ago:

A few minutes after midnight, download and upload speed decrease dramatically to no more than ~60kbps (regular speed is ~10mbps symmetrical). The actual point in time can vary a few minutes, but its always between 00:00 and 00:15. A container restart temporarily fixes this until next midnight.

Supervisord log shows nothing interesting as far as i can tell, but i discovered, that according to the logs, i had the same public ip adress before and after restarting the container. However, executing curl https://ifconfig.io in the containers console shows a different ip adress. Aren't these adresses supposed to be same and could this indicate an ip leak of some kind? Neither adresses are my home ip, but still...

docker.txt supervisord.txt

I tried this container and it does not seem like it will run well on a ubuntu platform. Some things were missing and i could not get it work.

I could get the privoxyvpn to work tho (maybe because it's avaible through drockstarter?)

But would it not be a good idea to make this work under ubuntu/debian too? It's a much larger platform than archlinux and from my point of view it would be good practise to have this work with all major platforms.