linuxserver.io

[Support] Linuxserver.io - diskover

131 posts in this topic Last Reply

After reinstall diskover, WebGUI come out.

I found another question about "No diskover indices found in Elasticsearch. Please run a crawl and come back." when visit the page. Any suggestion?

4 hours ago, StarsLight said:

I found another question about "No diskover indices found in Elasticsearch. Please run a crawl and come back." when visit the page. Any suggestion?

Hi! As I mentioned, my ability to support debugging is limited, esp. if you're 100% certain you followed all the steps exactly.

The only thing I can recommend is to check your workers GUI and see if there's even workers to spin up, as well as confirm if you asked for said workers to get spun up per the docker parameters.

What's the best way to crawl multiple paths and remote paths - how do I pass paths into diskover? Should I just run the treewalk client on each remote device to crawl? What about devices that don't support Pyton?

On 12/16/2019 at 8:32 PM, coolspot said:

What's the best way to crawl multiple paths and remote paths - how do I pass paths into diskover? Should I just run the treewalk client on each remote device to crawl? What about devices that don't support Pyton?

Mount the remote host with either smb/cifs or nfs and use diskover's -d <path> cli option to crawl that mount point path. You can also use fuse for s3 and other cloud storage. Treewalk client is just additional crawl option for diskover, but not required to crawl remote hosts, you can just use diskover.py. The linuxserver.io container is using /data as the mount point that get's crawled when the container runs. You can always point /data at something else or you can shell into the container and run diskover.py.

I didn't spot a particular problem like the one I'm seeing so here I go.  I believe I have all the minimum requirements listed on the readme and I'm getting data on the landing page, but when I try to interact with anything in analytics or duplicate files I'm getting either this error, "Unable to open customtags.txt! Check if exists and permissions.", or a blank page with the query that was used in the search bar.

I don't see any errors in the logs, but I don't have any additional logging enabled either.  Is there any additional logging I can enable to expose the cause?

On 4/1/2020 at 8:03 PM, Sn3akyP3t3 said:

I didn't spot a particular problem like the one I'm seeing so here I go.  I believe I have all the minimum requirements listed on the readme and I'm getting data on the landing page, but when I try to interact with anything in analytics or duplicate files I'm getting either this error, "Unable to open customtags.txt! Check if exists and permissions.", or a blank page with the query that was used in the search bar.

I don't see any errors in the logs, but I don't have any additional logging enabled either.  Is there any additional logging I can enable to expose the cause?

This has been fixed in the latest lsio release, or you can shell into the diskover container and in the diskover-web rootdir, copy customtags.txt.sample to customtags.txt.