Root password no longer working

lockrob2000

19 minutes ago, lockrob2000 said:

Not sure.

My issue is that I do everything through the GUI and now I can't see it.

Can you tell me how to get to the diagnostics on the server? I did turn on "passthrough" as per one of the posts.

Should I turn it off?

Which post? Nobody would have recommended making this kind of change on your router.

If you can't access your server then how do you know what its IP is? Where did you see that IP address?

That was a recommendation on a forum for folks having issues with the Arris router with Plex. and the change was in the settings on the router.

I have a monitor on the server, I just don't use that head end, I use the GUI on the machine I use more regularly.

I will have to pick this up tomorrow evening.  I have to get up at 5am for work in the morning, so I need to leave.

I appreciate whatever help you can give-

4 minutes ago, lockrob2000 said:

That was a recommendation on a forum for folks having issues with the Arris router with Plex. and the change was in the settings on the router.

I have a monitor on the server, I just don't use that head end, I use the GUI on the machine I use more regularly.

I will have to pick this up tomorrow evening.  I have to get up at 5am for work in the morning, so I need to leave.

I appreciate whatever help you can give-

If those folks really did suggest putting your server on the internet then they are idiots.

Don't go to bed without shutting down your server or at least unplugging it from the router.

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

@trurl IMPORTANT EDIT HIS POSTS AND REMOVE THE IPs

DONE

Now that that's handled, to reiterate.  If you value your data, and/or don't want your server hijacked, you should immediately shutdown your server. 

I can guarantee that if you don't shut it off before you go to bed you will be hacked.  Note not a hack attempt, but a hack.  If you haven't already been.

4 minutes ago, lockrob2000 said:

I took down the server as soon as the first post gave me the shocked response of "who told you to do that?"

Good.  Because in the window between when you first posted the IP and my yelling response (~ 1 hour), there was a window where your server was completely unprotected by even the most rudimentary security precaution

Archived