SuperMicro SC933T-R760 CSE-933T-R760B 3U 15 Bay Chassis

ccharmatz

My case has a logo and a number on it. My guess is they were purchased for a specific client or project that was canceled and he is just trying to recover what he can.

Interesting.  A quick Google search shows that company (specialized in clustered SAN connectivity) was acquired by IBM a few years ago.  

I ordered one of these cases last night.  I just hope I can quiet this badboy down somehow.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just ordered one of these and am waiting on it for a new unraid box.

I have a mobo with 6 regular sata ports.  Can I use regular sata cables to connect to the backplane or do I need some kind of 8087 reverse breakout?  I read the user manual and it's not at all clear to me from it.

Thanks.

That is my cache drive, sigh.. it is currently sitting on the air dam.  In my other two cases I have the drive strapped in place with wire ties.  As my rack never moves, and I do not live in an earthquake area I did not strap this one in.  Even sliding the case in and out of the rack has not made it move.

Also sitting there not in a direct airflow path, it typically runs about 1 degree higher in temp on average, when in use compared

to the other drives in the removable trays.

Sorry I do not have something cooler for you.  I did make a bracket at one time to attach to the left side of the case, however I did not like how close it was to the sata cards, and in my opinion it obstructed too much airflow out the left side of the chassi.

I have been running drives on top of the air dam in this case for about four years without a problem.

cc-

Got mine. My first rack mount, darn, these things are huge!

Sadly, mine did not come with a CBL-0068L. The connector in the chasis is a sixteen pin proprietary female connector. So this CBL-0068L is a sixteen pin male to break out, correct? Also, up in Canada, can't seem to find a CBL-0068L anywhere. Found one on ebay but it's a US only auction. Any suggestions?

With a little luck maybe a new listing will popup. Gues it doesn't alwasy pay to think.

They are back up on ebay but the price is up to $300 + $24 shipping to my location.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SuperMicro-SC933T-R760-CSE-933T-R760B-3U-15-Bay-Chassis-/360318031906?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e4a0d822

Now I am thinking again.

You might check this out if you haven't seen it already.  There are two different listings that have the case with guts for $500-$600.  That's a tough price to beat.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=8705.0

Well, now I'm officially happy.  I finally got all the 4-wire fans installed and got the unraid-fan-speed.sh script working.  I was even able to dial down the top speed of the fans in the script to 200 and my temps never went over 38C during a parity check. 

Unfortunately, with this new case, I used my new C2SEE and my parity check speed dropped to 79,000KB/s from 88,000KB/s.

I would like another one of these cases for my OpenFiler box, but I don't know if I want to pay $335 plus another $100 to change out the fans and wires.