[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers

ich777

1 hour ago, AwesomeAustn said:

They sent me this new version tonight. Could you please update the docker?

Sorry but I won't use a random version to update the container with, I hope you understand that.

I only use version which are published here.

However you could download the .deb file, place it somewhere where you can navigate to the file from within the container by opening a terminal from the container and issuing:

apt update
apt install ./megasync_5.4.0-5.1_amd64.deb

You have to be in the directory where the .deb file is located.

After that restart the container.

As long as you don't update the container itself or change anything in the template the manually installed version be left installed.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry but I won't use a random version to update the container with, I hope you understand that.

I only use version which are published here.

However you could download the .deb file, place it somewhere where you can navigate to the file from within the container by opening a terminal from the container and issuing:

apt update
apt install ./megasync_5.4.0-5.1_amd64.deb

You have to be in the directory where the .deb file is located.

After that restart the container.

As long as you don't update the container itself or change anything in the template the manually installed version be left installed.

I emailed them back with the link you provided.
I didn't know I could install a custom version that way. That could come in handy. Thanks. I would rather just wait for the docker update.

21 minutes ago, AwesomeAustn said:

I emailed them back with the link you provided.

Why, this is their official repository, if this is a nightly build then it's clear that it isn't in there.

21 minutes ago, AwesomeAustn said:

I didn't know I could install a custom version that way. That could come in handy. Thanks. I would rather just wait for the docker update.

Just let me know when it got stable because I update the container usually every three months.

16 minutes ago, pikajew said:

I'm unable to get the gui to connect to the VPN. Could you assist me in getting control back of this backup agent pls?

Can you please give me a bit more information what do you want to do and what all of this has to do with a VPN?

49 minutes ago, GTvert90 said:

@ich777Trying to add your connected container script to prowlarr and flairsolver.  What would I need to enter for container path? 

From which maintainers are these containers?

I have to look into if the scripts are compatible (which they should).

For Linuxserver based containers the container path is:

/etc/cont-init.d/91-connected-containers

Make also sure the script is executable.

Cool to see that someone is using this feature. 😊

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ich777 said:

From which maintainers are these containers?

I have to look into if the scripts are compatible (which they should).

For Linuxserver based containers the container path is:

/etc/cont-init.d/91-connected-containers

Make also sure the script is executable.

Cool to see that someone is using this feature. 😊

TRYING to use it haha 

binhex-prowlarr 

and for some reason I'm not using binhex- flaresolverr but selfhosters. 

Also should I be using the alpine script or the other one? 

Edited by GTvert90
4 hours ago, GTvert90 said:

binhex-prowlarr 

If it's a binhex container something like this should work:
https://github.com/ich777/docker-openvpn-client/blob/master/connected-containers_scripts/connected-containers-arch.sh

I've tried a container from @binhex and it was working as expected but I'm not sure if prowlarr supports start scripts, maybe @binhex can help.

As for the selfhoster I really don't know if that container supports start scripts since it's based on the official container and I think they have no support thread here on the forums.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

If it's a binhex container something like this should work:
https://github.com/ich777/docker-openvpn-client/blob/master/connected-containers_scripts/connected-containers-arch.sh

I've tried a container from @binhex and it was working as expected but I'm not sure if prowlarr supports start scripts, maybe @binhex can help.

As for the selfhoster I really don't know if that container supports start scripts since it's based on the official container and I think they have no support thread here on the forums.

What would the container path be for binhex? 

8 minutes ago, GTvert90 said:

What would the container path be for binhex? 

Oh, now I see, @binhex has it's own implementation from what I see, he used to have an option to run scripts at startup but that option is now gone as far as I can see.

If this option isn't there I really don't know what path to choose.

Hi,

using the Docker container Pushover-On-Start, I run into an issues on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro. Since Pushover is not available in the Play store, I installed it as an APK (v4.1=.

When the Pushover is open on the Shield TV PRO, and is running in the foreground, I can receive the notifications from the Docker container. But when Pushover is running in the background, I am not receiving any notification.

Any idea how to change this?

3 hours ago, Raki72 said:

When the Pushover is open on the Shield TV PRO, and is running in the foreground, I can receive the notifications from the Docker container. But when Pushover is running in the background, I am not receiving any notification.

Sorry but I don't have a Shield TV PRO, also this issue seems device related and not related to my container so I can't help with that.

This question would be better suited on the Shield TV Forums (if they have one), is the Shield also Android based if yes, disable all power saving features for this one specific app.

• Like 1
On 7/21/2024 at 6:37 AM, ich777 said:

Oh, now I see, @binhex has it's own implementation from what I see, he used to have an option to run scripts at startup but that option is now gone as far as I can see.

If this option isn't there I really don't know what path to choose.

Thanks for looking into it! 

Hi,

I am using ich777 megasync and am getting this error when syncing folder "Your folder "XXX" can't sync. Reason: Mismatch on sync root FSID." When I add the folder at first it syncs then I get that error. Anyone know how to fix this? 

Unraid 6.12.10

Docker shows up to date

Thanks

3 hours ago, Dantheman61 said:

I am using ich777 megasync and am getting this error when syncing folder "Your folder "XXX" can't sync. Reason: Mismatch on sync root FSID." When I add the folder at first it syncs then I get that error. Anyone know how to fix this? 

This is a common issue, please report that to MEGA themselves, please also see this comment here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 7/13/2024 at 4:57 PM, ich777 said:

I'm not sure if everyone has this issue, I only had that happen once to me.

odd odd odd. well that is a grelim then 🤷‍♂️

On 7/13/2024 at 4:57 PM, ich777 said:

May I ask what kind of storage do you have and where the container data is located on?

my app storage is on a RAID1 pool of 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVME's, on BTRFS.

the output directory for anything that's downloaded is the array, via a single 2TB 870 EVO SATA SSD cache drive. plenty of room on the cache, so the array has never required to be directly written.

server stays up 24/7. only time i reboot is to update unraid, which is usually 3-6 months post the update landing. this partly just in case an update ships with a bug, but tbh mostly because i try to avoid reboots like the plague. my supermicro X11SCA-F is an absolute mofo when rebooting, or booting after it was shutdown minutes prior. apparently they weren't a great board. wish I knew that before I got it lol.

could there be a clue in all that?

2 hours ago, te5s3rakt said:

could there be a clue in all that?

Nope seems pretty standard your setup.

I really can‘t help, this happened once to me and shouldn‘t happen every time you restart/start the container.

If it happens all the time something with your setup is definitely wrong but I can‘t tell for sure what.

Do you scrub the pool from time to time?

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nope seems pretty standard your setup.

I really can‘t help, this happened once to me and shouldn‘t happen every time you restart/start the container.

If it happens all the time something with your setup is definitely wrong but I can‘t tell for sure what.

Do you scrub the pool from time to time?

Can't say I have. At least not manually. Unless it automatically happened at some point. But it's not even scheduled, so... I'd say never been scrubbed perhaps.

@ich777

Hello, your microsoft-edge Docker setup is really great. I have a small issue: I want to use an Unraid script to schedule the stopping and starting of the Edge Docker container. Whenever I use docker stop to stop the container, and then use docker start to restart it, it doesn't automatically access the homepage. Even though I’ve set Edge to open a specific page on startup, it still defaults to a new tab. However, if I manually close the browser before stopping the container, the next time it starts, it correctly accesses the specified page.

Is there a suitable command to ensure the browser is not unintentionally closed, or a command that allows accessing a specific URL? curl doesn’t work for this purpose. I would greatly appreciate your help with this.

13 hours ago, VvLin-61 said:

Is there a suitable command to ensure the browser is not unintentionally closed, or a command that allows accessing a specific URL? curl doesn’t work for this purpose. I would greatly appreciate your help with this.

I have to look into this since this is not the intended use case.

• Like 1

Hopefully this is an okay place to ask as it isn't specific to your Sonarr container. I asked on the Sonarr forums but I wanted a second opinion. 

Currently download on a seedbox. I do it all manually, finding, running filebot and syncing. 

Can Sonarr live on my local server (or I can run it on the seedbox if I can mount my local library), where my library is, send downloads to the seedbox, then rename and hardlink them to another "tv" folder on the seedbox, then I will transfer it locally? 

The way I have it set up now is sonarr transfers or imports 1 file at a time to my local server through rsync mount and it is painfully slow, and I'm worried about how secure it is. 

Can Sonarr live on my local server (or I can run it on the seedbox if I can mount my local library), where my library is, send downloads to the seedbox, then rename and hardlink them to another "tv" folder on the seedbox, then I will transfer it locally? 

I think so since I'm not an expert on that...

I asked on the Sonarr forums but I wanted a second opinion.

What did the guys on the Sonarr forums say?

to my local server through rsync mount and it is painfully slow, and I'm worried about how secure it is.

This always depends on how the connection is set up but if you are using something like ssh or a VPN to tunnel the connection it should be relatively safe.