[Support] ich777 - Application Dockers


ich777

971 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, trurl said:

Why not just use the built-in WireGuard VPN to access Unraid webUI? 

Apache Guacamole with Firefox/Chrome gives me the benefit accessing my Unraid GUI, VMs or other http services inside my network from every device without installing anything.

Link to post
  • Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's not a VPN app, it shows only up as a VPN, only your DNS queries are redirected with Intra. I think @testdasi has such a container.     I use it now for a long time like you

I see you mentioning "unraid optimized"...in what way would these be optimized compared to the images of other docker maintainers?    Another thing I noticed in the used template (and it's a

I had a *lot* of issues with the SQLite database in photoprism actually, lots of "database is locked" errors. After switching it out to MariaDB it just works and everything is much much faster now as

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

Apache Guacamole with Firefox/Chrome gives me the benefit accessing my Unraid GUI, VMs or other http services inside my network from every device without installing anything.

You understand that completely wrong you are to focused on the Apache Guacamole installation/tutorial but you don't need it.

You have to install Apache Guacamole for this to work or am I wrong, with my approach you don't need Apache Guacamole.

 

You only need SWAG, the Chrome or Firefox container and that's it. With this you can access everything you mentioned above and even more. ;)

 

Look at the DebianBuster container that I've made, with this you can do the same.

Hell, I'm currently not at home and writing you from this container.

Link to post
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Look at the DebianBuster container that I've made, with this you can do the same.

Hell, I'm currently not at home and writing you from this container.

DebainBuster sounds like a good all-in-one solution for my usecase. I will give it a try.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

DebainBuster sounds like a good all-in-one solution for my usecase. I will give it a try.

If you need any help with setting it up and configuring the reverse proxy feel free to contact me ;)

Really simple if you already have setup SWAG. ;)

Link to post

Hey, i was playing around with the DebianBuster Docker. The thing i tried is the VNC. So i mapped 5900 to a port i choose (lets say 5901)

 

If i forward this port on my router to my unraid server with port 5901, i can instant connect to the docker. Without a password. I there a way setting a password up?

Link to post
13 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

Hey, i was playing around with the DebianBuster Docker. The thing i tried is the VNC. So i mapped 5900 to a port i choose (lets say 5901)

 

If i forward this port on my router to my unraid server with port 5901, i can instant connect to the docker. Without a password. I there a way setting a password up?

That should give you an idea how to setup a password:

Click

Link to post

I want to use the x11vnc task which one starts up with the docker. So i mapped in the Docker template container-port 5900 to host-port 1337 (just an example).

Can i set a passwd for that task? if i use your guide, it will start a second instance of x11vnc with port 5901.

 

Or is it better to map the port 5901 to 1337 and setting up a second x11vnc with the passwd?

Link to post
55 minutes ago, sonic6 said:

I want to use the x11vnc task which one starts up with the docker. So i mapped in the Docker template container-port 5900 to host-port 1337 (just an example).

Can i set a passwd for that task? if i use your guide, it will start a second instance of x11vnc with port 5901.

 

Or is it better to map the port 5901 to 1337 and setting up a second x11vnc with the passwd?

Create a password with the command 'x11vnc -storepasswd' and when you are asked to save it press enter (it should save it to '/debian/.vnc/passwd').

 

In your 'Debian.sh' add the line:

'sed -i "/until x11vnc -display/c\until x11vnc -display :99 -rfbport 5900 -shared -forever -rfbauth /debian/.vnc/passwd; do" /opt/scripts/start-x11.sh' (without the single quotes)

The line above will patch the start-x11.sh so that it uses the password file that you saved above to /debian/.vnc/passwd.

 

Now restart the container and your VNC Viewer is secured.

Link to post

I do not know if this is a bug or just me missing something.

I am trying to sync my share to external drive ( using unassigned devices ) , I unchecked the option ( skip newer destination files ) in COMMAND OPTIONS cause I need an exact replication. but as soon as I click Okay the option got checked again by it self !

Also the option ( Delete files on the destination ) is grayed out and can not be selected.

Edited by hamad
Link to post
12 minutes ago, hamad said:

I do not know if this is a bug or just me missing something.

I am trying to sync my share to external drive ( using unassigned devices ) , I unchecked the option ( skip newer destination files ) in COMMAND OPTIONS cause I need an exact replication. but as soon as I click Okay the option got checked again by it self !

Also the option ( Delete files on the destination ) is grayed out and can not be selected.

From which Container are you talking about?

I got multiple backup containers.

 

EDIT: I think you are talking about luckyBackup

 

No problem here, have you saved the task after you clicked Okay?

Link to post

LuckyBackup

actually problem partially solved.. it was my mistake that I choosed the Synch not backup under (Type)

but still have a problem of not deleting files that exist in destination but not in source.

my need is to (one way sync) source to destination so that any change in source (add-delete) will be reflected to destination.

thanks for fast reply

 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, hamad said:

but still have a problem of not deleting files that exist in destination but not in source.

This is what the option "Delete files on the destination" does but also for this to work "Recurse into directories" have to be used, but also the tooltip says that.

Link to post
4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is what the option "Delete files on the destination" does but also for this to work "Recurse into directories" have to be used, but also the tooltip says that.

I did that already. but files still exists in destination.

also I got some errors as in attached capture.

 

lucky.jpg

lucky_error.jpg

Link to post
3 minutes ago, hamad said:

I did that already. but files still exists in destination.

also I got some errors as in attached capture.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16imageproxy.php?img=&key=e5eec7c5c933ca16

 

 

lucky_error.jpg

These are permission issues from luckybackup itself because it's running currently and you are backing it up at the same time.

You can't do anything about it.

Link to post

Hi Everyone,

 

I've just installed the ich777's Thunderbird docker on my unRAID server.  I've configured my gMail account in Thunderbird and everything appears to be working well.  However, I've noticed that if I click on a web hyperlink inside any email that I am prompted for the application to use in order to open the link.  Unfortunately there are no apps listed to open the link with.  How can I get my Thunderbird docker to open a web browser associated with a hyperlink from within an email?

 

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

 

Thanks!

Christopher

 

Link to post
5 minutes ago, cwdean said:

I've just installed the ich777's Thunderbird docker on my unRAID server.  I've configured my gMail account in Thunderbird and everything appears to be working well.  However, I've noticed that if I click on a web hyperlink inside any email that I am prompted for the application to use in order to open the link.  Unfortunately there are no apps listed to open the link with.  How can I get my Thunderbird docker to open a web browser associated with a hyperlink from within an email?

Yes, that's the default behavoir because no browser is installed in the container one thing you can do about that is to copy the hyperlink and on the left side there should be a little arrow from noVNC, click on that and then on the clipboard, this should actually give you the link that you've copied.

Or you install a VNC client and create another port mapping in the template from the container port 5900 to whatever host port you like (anything else than 5900 because it's eventually already used by a VM) and then you connect with this VNC client to the container then you have real copy and paste.

 

I made the container only to view mails and not to open attachements (because they could be malicious) or follow links.

 

Hope that makes sense to you...

Link to post

Hi, 

I want to create a fork of your project debian-buster-nvidia to add lutris. But i have alway the same error when I build the dockerfile based on 'unraid-kernel-helper-plugin' : 

 

Could not perform immediate configuration on 'libnss-nis:amd64'. 

 

And i don't no why ... 

 

And thanks for your work it's very usefull ;) 

Link to post
9 hours ago, Gunnm said:

I want to create a fork of your project debian-buster-nvidia to add lutris.

That should be no problem but you can also do this with a script at the container start.

For more information feel free to contact me again.

 

9 hours ago, Gunnm said:

But i have alway the same error when I build the dockerfile based on 'unraid-kernel-helper-plugin'

I don't understand that completely...

You want to build a fork of Debian-Buster Nvidia and use the Unraid-Kernel-Helper-Plugin as source?

 

How did you build the Docker Container or better speaking with what?

Link to post

Hi

 

Thanks for your time to answer :) 

 

 

That should be no problem but you can also do this with a script at the container start.

For more information feel free to contact me again.

==> Yes you had already explain that in the forum but it's also for me to understand how to build a docker (I had successfully build a container with a windows software called comicrack unfortunetaly I had an other error :) ) and maybe share with other users.

 

I don't understand that completely...

You want to build a fork of Debian-Buster Nvidia and use the Unraid-Kernel-Helper-Plugin as source?

==> Yes in first i had tested by create a docker directly from yours with same variables. The build of the container works, but the nvidia driver in the container doesn't work. My conclusion is i need to rebuild the docker with unraid-kernel-helper but when i do that I have the error describe above at the build of the container (but maybe it's wrong i'm not a advanced user).

Link to post
32 minutes ago, Gunnm said:

Yes you had already explain that in the forum but it's also for me to understand how to build a docker (I had successfully build a container with a windows software called comicrack unfortunetaly I had an other error :) ) and maybe share with other users.

I think if you want to learn how to build a Docker Container it would be better to start with something simpler and not that complex, both Windows applications and also my Debian-Buster-Nvidia Container could be very complex for starters...

 

Why not use the script itself and share it as a tutorial?

 

34 minutes ago, Gunnm said:

Yes in first i had tested by create a docker directly from yours with same variables. The build of the container works, but the nvidia driver in the container doesn't work. My conclusion is i need to rebuild the docker with unraid-kernel-helper but when i do that I have the error describe above at the build of the container (but maybe it's wrong i'm not a advanced user).

What variables? You have to give me some more info or the Dockerfile/Script that you use changed...

 

No, you don't have to build it with the Unraid-Kernel-Helper itself because I build all my Docker Containers in a VM that is headless and don't have access to any GPU of the host itself.

 

I'm also not sure if it's good to learn how to build Docker Containers with my images because I got a slightly different approach to updates of the applications that run inside of the Containers.

Link to post

I think if you want to learn how to build a Docker Container it would be better to start with something simpler and not that complex, both Windows applications and also my Debian-Buster-Nvidia Container could be very complex for starters...

 

Why not use the script itself and share it as a tutorial?

 

==> With pleasure :) 

https://github.com/Gunnm92/Games-server ==> My objectif it's to create a docker to run games in a container it's work well with Steam (outside the problem of controller) but i want to add lutris to launch more games 

 

https://github.com/Gunnm92/ComicRack ==> My objectif it's to run an application called Comicrack (I have never found a better application to manage comics) and i would like to start it in a docker. I have build my docker based on yours dockers and all works fine and easy to do. Unfortunately I have a problem with the application, it cannot read the share directory with unraid (although strangely it works when I deploy it locally even with a smb directory) and it's a problem with the application because I can watch the files in the explorer

 

Link to post
16 minutes ago, Gunnm said:

My objectif it's to create a docker to run games in a container it's work well with Steam (outside the problem of controller) but i want to add lutris to launch more games

Have you tried Proton? Proton also works with other games that are not directly Steam.

One sidenote, I would give it a differnt name than Game-Server since it's something to stream games to avoid confusion. I think something Game-Streaming-Container or something like that, but that's up to you.

I will look into this.

 

19 minutes ago, Gunnm said:

I also got Wine baseimage where Wine is preinstalled or also a Wine baseimage with noVNC preinstalled (of course you need to write the scripts yourself to make it run).

I will also look into this but notice that my time is really limited and it can take some time.

Link to post

Have you tried Proton? Proton also works with other games that are not directly Steam.

One sidenote, I would give it a differnt name than Game-Server since it's something to stream games to avoid confusion. I think something Game-Streaming-Container or something like that, but that's up to you.

I will look into this.

 

==> Yes proton work well but I have some problem of compatibilities. In my use case i share a repertory where I have installed all the games it's more easy to start a docker than a windows VM. I thinks it's interesting to have a docker with all tools for gaming. 

 

==> I'm right with you the name it's not clear i will change. It's not well documented and organized because it's not ready. 

 

I also got Wine baseimage where Wine is preinstalled or also a Wine baseimage with noVNC preinstalled (of course you need to write the scripts yourself to make it run).

I will also look into this but notice that my time is really limited and it can take some time.

 

==> At the first I do the script with yours but I wanted to test with an ubuntu because the issue and a more thinner container. Yes I understand very well. You done many project for the community I don't want to loose your time and i thinks it's more a problem with mono than the docker.

Link to post
19 minutes ago, Gunnm said:

At the first I do the script with yours but I wanted to test with an ubuntu because the issue and a more thinner container. Yes I understand very well. You done many project for the community I don't want to loose your time and i thinks it's more a problem with mono than the docker.

Mono or WINE? These are two different things...

Also isn't ComicRack a GUI application for Windows? How would you display it through Unraid?

 

20 minutes ago, Gunnm said:

Yes proton work well but I have some problem of compatibilities.

I will look into Lutris.

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.