Transmission unMenu package

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost done with it.  I should be testing it out today and tomorrow on my test server and should have something for JoeL to look at.  Once I have it done and he clears it will will put it up here, OR you will be able to get it via an update from within unMenu.

Great, thanks a lot for your work.  We all appreciate it.

Just an update.  I have a working version that has been sent to JoeL for testing and tweaking.  With some luck we will have it tweaked and finished by this weekend.  It should then be available via an unMenu update.

Has it been debugged? Waiting for the unMenu update...  :o

Just an update.  I have a working version that has been sent to JoeL for testing and tweaking.  With some luck we will have it tweaked and finished by this weekend.  It should then be available via an unMenu update.

Has it been debugged? Waiting for the unMenu update...  :o

I did not have time this weekend to look at it.  Ill try to look at it today.

Joe L.

This is just a rough patch while we are waiting for an official update.

- Create the folder /mnt/cache/.transmission.conf (the '.' at the beginning of '.transmission.conf' is necessary so the files aren't copied away)

- Extract /flash/packages/transmission-unraid-0.0.2-i386-bubba.tgz somewhere.

- In there, find the /boot/custom/transmission/transctl and edit it.

- Change the TRANS_CONF variable to "TRANS_CONF=/mnt/cache/.transmission.conf"

- Then modify the start section to copy the settings.json file to the dir on the cache folder. This will ensure that the settings are applied properly if you edit them in unmenu.

start)
     rm /mnt/cache/.transmission.conf/settings.json
     cp /boot/custom/transmission/transmission.conf/settings.json /mnt/cache/.transmission.conf
     # Starts the Transmission deamon
     echo "Starting Transmission deamon"
     /usr/bin/transmission-daemon -g $TRANS_CONF -x $PIDFILE

- Re-create the .tgz and replace the original one.

- Restart transmission using unmenu or whatever.

- Check your logs to be sure that it worked.

I'm sure you're sick of people bumping this thread by now, but I'm going to ask anyway. Any update on this?

Joe L has the package (and another one I have been working on) so he should be able to get to it at some point.

Sorry for the delays everyone, I have been busy as has Joe L I am sure.

The next delay is coming directly out of your paycheck.

What's that?  You don't get paid for this?  Um...well....carry on then.

Seriously, whether it comes next week or next month I appreciate it as this is all a bit beyond my current skill set.  Thanks for working in time to help the rest of us as life allows.

The next delay is coming directly out of your paycheck.

What's that?  You don't get paid for this?  Um...well....carry on then.

Seriously, whether it comes next week or next month I appreciate it as this is all a bit beyond my current skill set.  Thanks for working in time to help the rest of us as life allows.

OK... hopefully this new .conf file will work.

Please check it out before I make it part of the normal unMENU distribution.

Joe L.

transmission-unmenu-package.conf

Can I set up one of my user shares to be the Transmission configuration directory?

You can put it anywhere you like.  If you put it on the cache drive make sure it is in a directory that will not get moved.

Isn't there a problem with the boot sequence? first the packages are installed and only then is the array ready.

Or am I mistaken?

Slightly mistake.  The package is installed and configured, and then a test is done to make sure the array is online.  So long as the test comes back true the Transmission deamon will start just fine.  If the array is not online then the start will fail.

It is set up that way so that starting the deamon with no array online does not result it in having problems find files previously downloaded.

I have tried the installation and have defined the installation folder as "/mnt/user/Documents/trans_config/" (without the quotes).

I get correct settings files in the original /boot/custom/transmission/transmission_conf directory.

I get one settings file "settings.json" in /mnt/user/Documents/trans_config/ directory.

No files in /mnt/user/Documents/trans_config/transmission_conf directory.

The above "settings.json" file is with wrong values - not as configured.

help?

I finally had a chance to test out the new .conf file and it worked for an install on my test machine running 4.7.  This was from a clean install so nothing existed before.

Makes me happy.

Joe L.

The only thing I am not sure about is how it will handle an update with an install of transmission that already exists.

I have not tested it on my "main" machine yet that I download most torrents on.  the install of the transmission package creates the transmission.conf folder which use to contain all the stuff.  That is the folder I was trying to move to a spot that was off the flash drive.  With creating the transmission_conf folder and placing the settings file in there I don't know how it will be handled on an install that already exists.

When I installed it fresh and it started up, it created the files and folders that seemed to be needed, including the resume folder.

I don't have an older unmenu transmission.conf file to test and install of that, then test the install over the top with the new one.  I will dig through my archives and see what I can come up with as far as older unmenu transmission.conf install packages go.  I should be able to get to that tomorrow sometime...  will keep everyone updated.

I finally had a chance to test out the new .conf file and it worked for an install on my test machine running 4.7.  This was from a clean install so nothing existed before.

Can you show the complete folder tree (and files) of both the /boot/custom/transmission directory and the folder where your package is installed to.

As I wrote I seem to have 2 different settings files (one in each folder) with different setting (one with correct settings and another with incorrect settings which the daemon is using).