Zoom Sucks: Riot Chat + Jitsi Video Conference Setup


81 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, I followed this awesome guide and so far have matrix and Riot working well on my own server. My problem is that it doesnt connect to matrix.org to see other servers. From what I read this means I dont have federation. Are there steps I am supposed to take to allow that?

Link to post
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I posted this on the serverbuilds.net forums, and noticed that several users here were interested, so cross-posting!   This a somewhat complex yet in-demand installation, so I figured I'd sh

Nice catch! I'm a Unifi users as well, but my controller runs on the USG. The Matrix container config does give you the option to reassign the STUN ports, so you can give that a shot and reflect the s

in regards to the pid file   edit /data/turnserver.conf, add the following and restart pidfile=/data/turnserver.pid userdb=/data/turnserver.db   perhaps, @yinzer should add this

Posted Images

On 6/30/2020 at 11:04 PM, akamemmnon said:

Hi everyone, I followed this awesome guide and so far have matrix and Riot working well on my own server. My problem is that it doesnt connect to matrix.org to see other servers. From what I read this means I dont have federation. Are there steps I am supposed to take to allow that?

On page two a user named spyd4r posted his matrix subdomain file. In that you will see some extra information regarding matrix identity. Format your subdomain file to look his (but obviously with your own network information). That extra bit is what helps with federating your server.

Edited by N¿¿B
Link to post
On 7/6/2020 at 9:52 PM, N¿¿B said:

On page two a user named spyd4r posted his matrix subdomain file. In that you will see some extra information regarding matrix identity. Format your subdomain file to look his (but obviously with your own network information). That extra bit is what helps with federating your server.

so I was getting federation according to the tester, but it wouldn't communicate with those severs. after talking to the support people and reading other webpages, I found out that my .conf file in letsencrypt needed this line:

 

location /.well-known/matrix/server {
        default_type application/json;
               return 200 '{"m.server": "yourdomain.com:443"}';
             add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin *;
 

maybe it will help someone else. thanks for the reply!

 

Link to post

Hi everyone,

 

I had an update for the matrix container earlier today so I ran it. After doing so, i noticed I no longer could connect to the matrix server (bridge.domain.com) and seeing this in the logs for the container:


File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", mod_spec)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 688, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 683, in main
hs = setup(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 351, in setup
"Synapse Homeserver", config_options
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 611, in load_or_generate_config
config_dict = read_config_files(config_files)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 657, in read_config_files
yaml_config = yaml.safe_load(file_stream)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/__init__.py", line 162, in safe_load
return load(stream, SafeLoader)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/__init__.py", line 114, in load
return loader.get_single_data()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/constructor.py", line 49, in get_single_data
node = self.get_single_node()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 36, in get_single_node
document = self.compose_document()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 55, in compose_document
node = self.compose_node(None, None)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 84, in compose_node
node = self.compose_mapping_node(anchor)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 127, in compose_mapping_node
while not self.check_event(MappingEndEvent):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/parser.py", line 98, in check_event
self.current_event = self.state()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/parser.py", line 439, in parse_block_mapping_key
"expected <block end>, but found %r" % token.id, token.start_mark)
yaml.parser.ParserError: while parsing a block mapping
in "/data/homeserver.yaml", line 16, column 1
expected <block end>, but found '<block sequence start>'
in "/data/homeserver.yaml", line 219, column 3

 

 

 

 

I haven't made any changes other than updating the container in the unraid interface. Has anyone else had this same experience? 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 5:21 PM, lewisd19 said:

Hi everyone,

 

I had an update for the matrix container earlier today so I ran it. After doing so, i noticed I no longer could connect to the matrix server (bridge.domain.com) and seeing this in the logs for the container:


File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", mod_spec)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 688, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 683, in main
hs = setup(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 351, in setup
"Synapse Homeserver", config_options
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 611, in load_or_generate_config
config_dict = read_config_files(config_files)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 657, in read_config_files
yaml_config = yaml.safe_load(file_stream)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/__init__.py", line 162, in safe_load
return load(stream, SafeLoader)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/__init__.py", line 114, in load
return loader.get_single_data()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/constructor.py", line 49, in get_single_data
node = self.get_single_node()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 36, in get_single_node
document = self.compose_document()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 55, in compose_document
node = self.compose_node(None, None)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 84, in compose_node
node = self.compose_mapping_node(anchor)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/composer.py", line 127, in compose_mapping_node
while not self.check_event(MappingEndEvent):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/parser.py", line 98, in check_event
self.current_event = self.state()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/yaml/parser.py", line 439, in parse_block_mapping_key
"expected <block end>, but found %r" % token.id, token.start_mark)
yaml.parser.ParserError: while parsing a block mapping
in "/data/homeserver.yaml", line 16, column 1
expected <block end>, but found '<block sequence start>'
in "/data/homeserver.yaml", line 219, column 3

 

 

 

 

I haven't made any changes other than updating the container in the unraid interface. Has anyone else had this same experience? 

I tried this guide today, but cannot get the matrix server to work. Same error here.

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

Yea I have been having a similar issue for a few days in a fresh install. I am currently trying to track down exactly what changed to cause this. 

 

Can anyone confirm after the July update that they have clean complete installed this following instructions and it works? Like boots up, no errors?

Edited by l2evy
Link to post
13 minutes ago, N¿¿B said:

Can't confirm, but I don't think anything should have changed after the update. My instance is still running fine. Did you have a working instance prior to the update?

Yea that's what I've heard from others as well. Existing installs prior to the update still work fine. 

 

I don't doubt the few guide sets I've read as people have posted that they installed successfully just fine with them. Which is why I think something in the first file generation has changed that breaks everything now maybe. I did get a sample homeserver.yaml file to cross compare with and I noticed a lot more things was commented out on the generated file vs on the existing file someone shared with me they say is working.

 

I will try uncommenting everything that does not say optional and try that. I think maybe something was commented out on the new file vs the old file that is crucial somehow or a new feature. 

Link to post
On 7/8/2020 at 4:46 PM, akamemmnon said:

so I was getting federation according to the tester, but it wouldn't communicate with those severs. after talking to the support people and reading other webpages, I found out that my .conf file in letsencrypt needed this line:

 

location /.well-known/matrix/server {
        default_type application/json;
               return 200 '{"m.server": "yourdomain.com:443"}';
             add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin *;
 

maybe it will help someone else. thanks for the reply!

 

Are you able to post your whole proxy .conf? I am still having issues with getting federation working (and voice calls outside of LAN)

Link to post

I may have found out what the issue is with new installs after June 2020, while combing through the github I found this under:

synapse / docs / ACME.md

 

Quote

Deprecation of ACME v1

In March 2019, Let's Encrypt announced that they were deprecating version 1 of the ACME protocol, with the plan to disable the use of it for new accounts in November 2019, for new domains in June 2020, and for existing accounts and domains in June 2021.

Synapse doesn't currently support version 2 of the ACME protocol, which means that:

for existing installs, Synapse's built-in ACME support will continue to work until June 2021.

for new installs, this feature will not work at all.

Either way, it is recommended to move from Synapse's ACME support feature to an external automated tool such as certbot (or browse this list for an alternative ACME client).

so it seems now the built in ACME is non-functioning for new installs, breaking everything. So now you are to use certbot to place the files in the tls directory for tls authentication. Instructions will have to be reworked to reflect this or containers updated. 

 

If any of this is wrong please let me know so I can edit. Thanks

 

Edit- 9/20/20 - I fixed my issue, you can't edit the homeserver.yaml and have it existing before you create the container, something bugs in generation. 

Edited by l2evy
Link to post
On 8/15/2020 at 8:22 PM, BadCo. said:

Are you able to post your whole proxy .conf? I am still having issues with getting federation working (and voice calls outside of LAN)

server {
       listen 443 ssl;
       listen 8448 ssl;
       server_name your.domain;
       include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
       client_max_body_size 0;
       location / {
               include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
               resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
               set $upstream_app matrix;
               set $upstream_port 8008;
               set $upstream_proto http;
               proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
               proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
       }

        location /.well-known/matrix/server {
        default_type application/json;
               return 200 '{"m.server": "your.domain:443"}';
             add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin *;

       }

}

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 3:22 AM, akamemmnon said:

server {
       listen 443 ssl;
       listen 8448 ssl;
       server_name your.domain;
       include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
       client_max_body_size 0;
       location / {
               include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
               resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
               set $upstream_app matrix;
               set $upstream_port 8008;
               set $upstream_proto http;
               proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
               proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
       }

        location /.well-known/matrix/server {
        default_type application/json;
               return 200 '{"m.server": "your.domain:443"}';
             add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin *;

       }

}

Thanks for that.

 

On a side note, does anyone know how to update the Jitsi containers without having to start again? Do I just pull the latest image from github?

Link to post
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for the tutorial and all your work @yinzer - altough it could use a little update. Finally, I got Matrix working... after nearly 3 days of work and reading this thread as well as various other sites again and again😀 Element-Web is also connected now and I was able to create a useraccount on my matrix synapse. Federation and integrations manager seem to work, too.

 

*edit* Problem solved. Stupid mistake because of lack of sleep. Night shifts ^^

 

But the log of my Matrix Container shows the same "Socket: protocol not supported" errors @xthursdayx described in this Github post. Must be the TURN-part of the Matrix container. @xthursdayx: did you find a solution for your problem?

Edited by HojojojoWololo
Link to post
On 10/20/2020 at 5:13 PM, waymon said:

Is this guide still good?  I would love to setup a matrix chat client on my unraid box.

 

Yep, the tutorial kinda works with a few adjustments. But since I had to work my way through multiple posts and other sites I would love to spare you the pains.

 

My initial setup was an unraid server running Swag (since the Letsencrypt docker wont be supported anymore in the future due to naming rights - spaceinvaderone made a great tutorial how to switch from the Letsencrypt to the Swag docker). Yinzer's tutorial for the Letsencrypt docker still seems fine, though you really should use the Swag docker instead. Furthermore, Jitsi was already up and running when I started to install Matrix (thanks to spaceinvaderone, again 😄), so I will skip that part. If you have to set up a reverse proxy (be sure to use the Swag container instead of the Letsencrypt container) or want to switch to Swag, the spaceinvaders videos are really helpful. My adjustments to @yinzer's Matrix setup:

 

Setting up Swag (formerly Letsencrypt)

 

matrix.subdomain.conf - thanks to @akamemmnon for his config

server {
	listen 443 ssl;
	listen 8448 ssl;
	
	server_name bridge.*;

	include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
	
	client_max_body_size 0;

	location / {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
		set $upstream_app your.unraid.server.ip;
		set $upstream_port 8008;
		set $upstream_proto http;
		proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
		proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;
	}
	
	location /.well-known/matrix/server {
        default_type application/json;
               return 200 '{"m.server": "yourdomain.com:443"}';
             add_header Access-Control-Allow-Origin *;
	}
}

Make sure to change your.unraid.server.ip to your unraid server's IP adress and yourdomain.com to your domain name 😁

 

Since Riot was renamed to Element, there is a new container so we will use that one instead of Riot and have to adjust the Swag configuration file.

 

element-web.subdomain.conf

 server {
       listen 443 ssl;
       server_name chat.*;
       include /config/nginx/ssl.conf;
       client_max_body_size 0;

       location / {
               include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
               resolver 127.0.0.11 valid=30s;
               set $upstream_app element-web;
               set $upstream_port 80;
               set $upstream_proto http;
               proxy_pass $upstream_proto://$upstream_app:$upstream_port;
       }
}

 

Install Matrix and configure it according to yinzer's tutorial. Adjustments:

 

Setting up Matrix

 

homeserver.yaml

 

under "listeners" in the "# Unsecure HTTP listeners: for when matrix traffic passes through a reverse proxy" section:

  - port: 8008
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: ['0.0.0.0']
    
    resources:
      - names: ['client', 'federation']

  - port: 8448
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: ['0.0.0.0']
    
    resources:
      - names: ['federation']

Make sure you respect the .yaml syntax - that's what created the syntax errors of @lewisd19, @jafi and @l2evy. No tabs, just spaces! Additionally, the resource names have to be commented with inverted commas: 'text'. The examples over this section can help you with this.

 

If you use the standard SQLite database, make sure you changed the database's direction - thanks to @spyd4r for your input.

database:
  name: sqlite3
  args:
    database: /homeserver.db

SHOULD BECOME

database:
  name: sqlite3
  args:
    database: /data/homeserver.db

 

turnserver.conf

 

Delete the first line which says "lt-cred-mech" since we use "use-auth-secret". Also think about adding the pidfile and userdb infos yinzer posted in his tutorial. My turnserver.conf looks like this:

use-auth-secret
static-auth-secret=YOUR-STATIC-AUTH-SECRET
realm=turn.bridge.yourdomain.com
cert=/data/bridge.yourdomain.com.tls.crt
pkey=/data/bridge.yourdomain.com.tls.key
dh-file=/data/bridge.yourdomain.com.tls.dh
cipher-list="HIGH"
pidfile=/data/turnserver.pid
userdb=/data/turnserver.db

 

Setting up Element-Web (based on @yinzer's tutorial for Riot Chat)

 

1. Before we start, we need to manually create the config path and pull in the default config. So open the terminal/SSH to your server.

2. Create the config path by executing

mkdir -p /mnt/user/appdata/element-web/config

3. Download the default config by executing

wget -O /mnt/user/appdata/element-web/config/config.json https://raw.githubusercontent.com/vector-im/element-web/develop/element.io/app/config.json

4. In Community Applications, search for `element-web' by vectorim
5. Set the `Network Type` to `Custom: ssl proxy`
6. Set the `Fixed IP address` to `172.20.0.20` (or whatever)
7. The rest of the settings should be fine. Create the container and run it.

 

Now lets edit our Element config. It's a JSON file, so make sure you respect JSON syntax


1. Edit  /mnt/user/appdata/riot-web/config/config.json

2. Change 'default_server_name' to

"default_server_name": "bridge.yourdomain.com",

3. Insert your domain to the 'roomDirectory'

"roomDirectory": {
        "servers": [
            "bridge.yourdomain.com",
            "matrix.org",
            "gitter.im"
        ]
    }

4. Add the following lines in the config:

{
  "jitsi": {
    "preferredDomain": "meet.yourdomain.com"
  }
},

 

Caution: Using a Jitsi server with enabled authentification doesn't work with Element! And this should also be noticed:

Quote

Currently the Element [iOS App] do not support custom Jitsi servers and will instead use the default jitsi.riot.im server. When users on the mobile apps join the call, they will be joining a different conference which has the same name, but not the same participants. (see here)

 

 

Jitsi Setup

 

Just follow spaceinvaderone's instructions in this video.

 

But for setting up a working Matrix synapse and the Element-web container, that should be it. @yinzer Feel free to update your initial post with this adjustments 😃

Edited by HojojojoWololo
Link to post

Thank you for everybody how has contributed to this topic.

 

I tried to run matrix again, but still no luck. Different problem now, I think.

 

When I try to access bridge.mydomain.xyz via browser I get 502 Bad Gateway.

 

homeserver.yaml

server_name: "bridge.mydomain.xyz"
pid_file: /data/homeserver.pid
public_baseurl: https://bride.mydomain.xyz/

listeners:
  - port: 8008
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: [0.0.0.0']

    resources:
      - names: [client, federation]
  
  - port: 8448
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: [0.0.0.0']

    resources:
      - names: [federation]

acme:
    enabled: false
    port: 80
    bind_addresses: ['::', '0.0.0.0']
    reprovision_threshold: 30
    domain: matrix.example.com
    account_key_file: /acme_account.key

federation_ip_range_blacklist:
  - '127.0.0.0/8'
  - '10.0.0.0/8'
  - '172.16.0.0/12'
  - '192.168.0.0/16'
  - '100.64.0.0/10'
  - '169.254.0.0/16'
  - '::1/128'
  - 'fe80::/64'
  - 'fc00::/7'

database:
  name: sqlite3
  args:
    database: /homeserver.db

log_config: "/data/bridge.mydomain.xyz.log.config"

media_store_path: "/data/media_store"

turn_uris: ["turn:bridge.mydomain.xyz:3478?transport=udp"]
turn_shared_secret: "bxyqLDiD93kZccROaD2pVco9EZ4koXeGLA3Y5fmsnEkgfkfgkdkGQDi7htHCM09hb"

enable_registration: true

registration_shared_secret: "^tr_zkDzgRJbq:6UBHT96299FFfggcQy=w#aVSaPxfRDSWWYjfO"

report_stats: false


macaroon_secret_key: "bwi1DrzMUhhnvv2Dko=C6P0;Z_OzKHQ02Qj3ucdf+DTVl_NyWf"
form_secret: "NM4*=~34rXRHaLKAzpEYiv^vZMkGUXeL-6poH.SR5^Bg4yN6+s"

signing_key_path: "/data/bridge.mydomain.xyz.signing.key"

trusted_key_servers:
  - server_name: "matrix.org"

suppress_key_server_warning: true

saml2_config:
  user_mapping_provider:
    config:
      localpart_template: "{{ user.preferred_username }}"

 

Edited by jafi
Link to post
7 hours ago, jafi said:

Thank you for everybody how has contributed to this topic.

 

I tried to run matrix again, but still no luck. Different problem now, I think.

 

When I try to access bridge.mydomain.xyz via browser I get 502 Bad Gateway.

Don't lose hope. I think you nearly got it. Reminds me of my status some days ago 😁

Try what I posted above: in your homeserver.yaml put client and federation in 'inverted commas'

 - port: 8008
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: ['0.0.0.0']

resources:
      - names: ['client', 'federation']

  - port: 8448
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: ['0.0.0.0']
    
    resources:
      - names: ['federation']

 

Also set database direction to data/homeserver.db

 

database:
  name: sqlite3
  args:
    database: /data/homeserver.db

 

Additionally, try to add a TCP TURN URI (remember to forward port 3478 to your server for both protocols):

 

turn_uris: ["turn:bridge.mydomain.xyz:3478?transport=udp", "turn:bridge.mydomain.xyz:3478?transport=tcp"]

 

And finally, remember to change your secrets and keys since you shared them with us. That's not the meaning of shared_secret 😉😁 I hope that you get that thing running. If it doesn't help post your turnserver.conf please (without the shared secret of course).

 

Edited by HojojojoWololo
Link to post
7 hours ago, HojojojoWololo said:

Don't lose hope. I think you nearly got it. Reminds me of my status some days ago 😁

Try what I posted above: in your homeserver.yaml put client and federation in 'inverted commas'


 - port: 8008
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: ['0.0.0.0']

resources:
      - names: ['client', 'federation']

  - port: 8448
    tls: false
    type: http
    x_forwarded: true
    bind_addresses: ['0.0.0.0']
    
    resources:
      - names: ['federation']

 

 

Thank You!

 

It works! Synapse is running
Your Synapse server is listening on this port and is ready for messages.

This is so great, thank you everybody!

 

I also changed the secret keys, I always randomize those anyway (with new config).

 

Link to post
On 12/4/2020 at 1:16 PM, HojojojoWololo said:

Thanks for the tutorial and all your work @yinzer - altough it could use a little update. Finally, I got Matrix working... after nearly 3 days of work and reading this thread as well as various other sites again and again😀 Element-Web is also connected now and I was able to create a useraccount on my matrix synapse. Federation and integrations manager seem to work, too.

 

*edit* Problem solved. Stupid mistake because of lack of sleep. Night shifts ^^

 

But the log of my Matrix Container shows the same "Socket: protocol not supported" errors @xthursdayx described in this Github post. Must be the TURN-part of the Matrix container. @xthursdayx: did you find a solution for your problem?

Unfortunately not, but I haven't worked on this at all lately. However, I will say that things seemed to work alright, despite the error message. 

Link to post
3 hours ago, xthursdayx said:

Unfortunately not, but I haven't worked on this at all lately. However, I will say that things seemed to work alright, despite the error message. 

Yeah, it seems like it works without any problems, it just looks ugl y when opening the log 😅 Thanks for your reply 😀

Edited by HojojojoWololo
Link to post
  • 1 month later...

@HojojojoWololo Thanks again for updating this guide.

 

I am still getting the "Bad Gateway" issue I have made every change you have listed and to no avail. I even added the inverted commas.

 

 I was able to get my Element-web container online but not matrix keep getting this

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main
"__main__", mod_spec)
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code
exec(code, run_globals)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 512, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 507, in main
hs = setup(sys.argv[1:])
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/app/homeserver.py", line 342, in setup
"Synapse Homeserver", config_options
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 722, in load_or_generate_config
config_dict, config_dir_path=config_dir_path, data_dir_path=data_dir_path
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 744, in parse_config_dict
data_dir_path=data_dir_path,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/_base.py", line 369, in invoke_all
res[name] = getattr(config, func_name)(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/synapse/config/registration.py", line 90, in read_config
strtobool(str(config.get("enable_registration", False)))
File "/usr/lib/python3.7/distutils/util.py", line 307, in strtobool
raise ValueError("invalid truth value %r" % (val,))
ValueError: invalid truth value 'ture'

At the end of my logs, I cant even seem to find those files nor are they mentioned in any of the guides.

 

Got any more tips on how I can correct this? or get past the Bad gateway issue?

 

Thanks Again 😃

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.