Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

2 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

So is there any hope to fix the error im getting every minute?

With very little information when doing an onlne search for a solution, probably not.  You could set up a log filter to just ignore the log entries if everything works as it should.

4 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

Maybe a solution would be to use nfs?  Is there a way to mount the rootshares through NFS? 

No.  Root shares are SMB only.

2 minutes ago, dlandon said:

With very little information when doing an onlne search for a solution, probably not.  You could set up a log filter to just ignore the log entries if everything works as it should.

No.  Root shares are SMB only.

It seems to be functioning correctly.  Would you be able to provide instructions to filter that out of my log?

I also want to state again, that I really appreciate how responsive you are and how much you help everyone.  So thank you again for helping me with my endless problems.

5 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

It seems to be functioning correctly.  Would you be able to provide instructions to filter that out of my log?

Install the enhanced syslog plugin and enter this into the "Syslog Filter" dialog and click "Apply":

"Close unmatched open for"

That sould keep those messages from showing up in the syslog.

• Like 1

I applogise if this has been covered in the past but I was unable to find anything.

I had a 12TB USB HDD which was mounted through unassigned devices, it has now been shucked and made its way into the array.

The disk it replaced a 3TB HDD has nolw made it into the old USB enclosure and I would like to mount it as an unassigned device.

How ever as you can see from the attached photo altho it is reconised as being 3TB when I format it the old 12TB disks partition magicly appers. Im unable to use the drive and it sayd it is a full 12TB partition.

How can I rectifiy it please? I have tried delting the partion and re-formatting and I still get the same result.

Thanks

unassigned.PNG

universe-diagnostics-20220415-1216.zip

Hey, so I thought NFS was just unstable, and my Nas kept unmounting.  I have been running SMB for the last year and it was fine.  So I switched back to SMB and its still unmounting.  It seems to unmount and then remount, but my dockers get pissed off and then i need to restart all my dockers for it to see the smb share again.  So something changed in the last week to cause this.  I am attaching my diag.

Edit: I actually need to reboot the entire server to get my dockers to see the share again...even though krusder can see them?

9900k-diagnostics-20220415-0958.zip

Edited by sittingmongoose
16 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

That doesn't parse, since krusader is a container as well.

I know that's why it's so weird. 

Edit:  I think its auto reconnecting, and krusader is ok with that but radarr, sonarr, plex are not.

7 minutes ago, Squid said:

Run a manual scan with fix common problems.  Does it complain about "slave mode"

Nope, I did that.  And all my remote shares are "read/write slave"

49 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

Hey, so I thought NFS was just unstable, and my Nas kept unmounting.  I have been running SMB for the last year and it was fine.  So I switched back to SMB and its still unmounting.  It seems to unmount and then remount, but my dockers get pissed off and then i need to restart all my dockers for it to see the smb share again.  So something changed in the last week to cause this.  I am attaching my diag.

Edit: I actually need to reboot the entire server to get my dockers to see the share again...even though krusder can see them?

9900k-diagnostics-20220415-0958.zip 282.53 kB · 1 download

Something you are doing is creating '/mnt/rootshare/user-pool.9900kmegashare':

Apr 15 09:15:46 9900K unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share '//9900K/mnt/user/'...
Apr 15 09:15:46 9900K unassigned.devices: Mount ROOT command: /sbin/mount -o rw --bind '/mnt/user/' '/mnt/rootshare/user-pool.9900kmegashare'
Apr 15 09:15:46 9900K unassigned.devices: Successfully mounted '/mnt/user/' on '/mnt/rootshare/user-pool.9900kmegashare'.
Apr 15 09:15:46 9900K unassigned.devices: Adding SMB share 'user-pool.9900kmegashare'.
Apr 15 09:15:46 9900K unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share '//NAS1/Media2'...
Apr 15 09:15:46 9900K unassigned.devices: PHP Warning: mkdir(): File exists in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/lib.php on line 1918

UD is failing when it tries to create the mount point.

5 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

I was using remotes, I'll try disks.  Thank you 

Your rootshare mounted with UD will be at '/mnt/rootshare/...', not '/mnt/remotes/...' or '/mnt/disks/...'.  All other remote shares will be at '/mnt/remotes/...'.  Any UD mounted disks will be at '/mnt/disks/...'.

30 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Only iif 'Legacy Mount Point Compatibility?' is set to 'Yes', but '/mnt/rootshare' is never symlink'd.  The user is cross sharing rootshares between two servers.

So I’m not actually having a problem with the rootshare.  I only use rootshare randomly with krusader.  My dockers strictly use media2.

The share I’m having an issue with is the Media2 share.

22 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

So I’m not actually having a problem with the rootshare.  I only use rootshare randomly with krusader.  My dockers strictly use media2.

The share I’m having an issue with is the Media2 share.

I don't see in your last diagnostics where the media2 share had any issues or unmounted.  What is unmounting?  The UD share or a docker having an issue?

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

I'd say the enclosure is presenting the disk as a 12TB disk because that is what it originally had.

Hmm yes could be. I did not think there would be that much logic on the board.

Maybe unraid is remebering the drive as one that was dissconnected? Like when I remove a drive from the array and add it back unraid knows where is goes.

Maybe I can make unraid forget about the old drive and detect it a new?

27 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I don't see in your last diagnostics where the media2 share had any issues or unmounted.  What is unmounting?  The UD share or a docker having an issue?

I’m not actually seeing anything saying it’s unmounted.  I will just check my dockers randomly after a reboot(30 minutes-6 hours later) and they will complain because my /nas1/media2 is missing.  Then I’ll reboot the docker and it will still complain.  (Even though krusader sees it fine) so I’ll reboot and it will be fine for some time.

So i removed the script that @dlandonsuggested thinking maybe that was why i was randomly disconnecting.  It lasted 48 hours but it happened again :( Now some of my dockers cant see my media2 share but others can?  Krusader and bazarr cant, but sonarr,radarr, and plex can?  I just unmounted and remounted the media2 share manually and it appears to be working.  I am posting the diag

9900k-diagnostics-20220417-1308.zip

Thanks again for your plugins! They make working with non-array and non-pool disks quite simple. One thing I'd like to request is a switch to disable display of any device that is set to 'Passed Through'. And/or the ability to show them in a separate section. You're doing this with shares and historical devices already, so hopefully adding a similar switch for passed through is possible.

Edited by AgentXXL
23 hours ago, AgentXXL said:

Thanks again for your plugins! They make working with non-array and non-pool disks quite simple. One thing I'd like to request is a switch to disable display of any device that is set to 'Passed Through'. And/or the ability to show them in a separate section. You're doing this with shares and historical devices already, so hopefully adding a similar switch for passed through is possible.

This isn't somthing I'd be looking at doing.

I recently upgraded unRaid to 6.9.2 and while that went through fine my remote SMB shares are not mounting, the mount button is there but grey in colour so nothing happens when I click on it.

I have deleted them and recreated the mappings but still the same issue, help is appricated

Thanks