Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

22 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Yes.

Can I just totally delete everything of that file in the iso_mount.cfg? Like totally remove the following from the cfg file? I don't really need that iso at all.

[蜘蛛夫人超感觉醒.Madame.Web.2024.1080p.Blu-ray.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-Charming_HDSky.iso]
file="/mnt/user/isos/蜘蛛夫人超感觉醒.Madame.Web.2024.1080p.Blu-ray.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-Charming@HDSky.iso"
share="蜘蛛夫人超感觉醒.Madame.Web.2024.1080p.Blu-ray.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-Charming_HDSky"

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Since the latest update UD keeps freezing/doing timeouts

Seems if it loses connection even temporarily to a remote server it gets stuck until unmounted and remounted manually, that was never an issue before.

Seems it runs zfs list even on remote mounts and unassigned disks that are in other formats?

ud_diagnostics-20240625-182529.zip 78.54 kB · 1 download

I've fixed the zfs list problem and it will be in the next release.

You have a remote server or network issue:

Jun 24 13:35:30 Unraid unassigned.devices: Warning: shell_exec(/usr/bin/df '/mnt/remotes/KILRAH_unraidbackup' --output=size,used,avail | /bin/grep -v '1K-blocks' 2>/dev/null) took longer than 10s!
Jun 24 13:36:21 Unraid unassigned.devices: Remote server 'KILRAH.LOCAL' port '445' is not open; server appears to be offline.

59 minutes ago, Archonw said:

I'm having trouble to unlock and mount a drive which is luks encrypted. I can not choose my disk under settings. I still can do it maually.

Post a screen shot of the UD page showing the disk and the ud diadnostics by going to a command line and typing 'ud_diagnostics' and then post the /flash/logs/ud_diagnostics.zip file.

2 minutes ago, Archonw said:

But i have no /flash/logs/us_diagnostics.zip

You have a strange situation with the UD disks.  Click on the double arrow icon on the upper right of the UD page and see if the UD page changes.  All the devices marked sdX shoukd show Dev X.  How are these disks connected to your server?

It will be /flash/logs/ud_diagnostics-time stamp.zip.

No change with the icon. 

The sdx are okay. These are from an sd-card reader and there are no cards inserted. I can of course disconnect the card reader and test without it later. 

But i still don't get the zip file. There is no /flash directory on my unraid server.

1 minute ago, Archonw said:

But i still don't get the zip file. There is no /flash directory on my unraid server.

That is the reference to your flash when accessing the server shares when browsing Network shares with SMB.  At an Unraid command line, it is /boot/logs/ud_diagnostics.zip.

The encrypted device should show 'luks' as the file type.  Where was the disk formatted?  Using UD on Unraid?

I suspect the partitioning of the disk is confusing UD.  For example if the disk is formatted without a partition.

5 minutes ago, Archonw said:

The drive was encrypted under Linux Mint.

As you can see it shows "crypto_LUKS"

That explains the not Partition indicator on the 'Mount' button.  There is no partition.

5 minutes ago, Archonw said:

Is there a way to reformat the drive with encryption?

Yes.  Do the following:

• Move any files off the disk.
  • Clear the disk with UD by clicking on the red 'X' next to the disk ID.  If you don't see a red 'X', go to the UD settings and enable destructive mode.
  • Format the disk as encrypted with your desired file system.
  • Mount the disk with UD and copy any files from the original disk back to the newly formatted disk.
  • Be sure to share the disk if you will be using SMB or NFS to access the disk.
  • Check that SMB and NFS sharing is enabled in the UD settings.

Been a while, but I again had UD run a script on the wrong drive.

Connect the correct drive (WD) that has a script assigned, it didn't run

Unplug and replug the drive, it ran fine, unplug the drive

A while later plug a Seagate drive that has no script assigned, the script meant for the WD started, since it makes beeps I unplugged

Plug it again and it didn't run again

ud_diagnostics-20240627-210204.zipunraid-diagnostics-20240627-2101.zip

Edited by Kilrah

hi guys, I am having hell with mounting NFS shares from my NAS on unraid with UD after the last update. I am not sure what changed but now I am getting permission denied error in the mount command from UD. I have Unraid setup as an allowed IP on the NAS configuration. If I set to vers=3 manually in the command below it mounts fine.

root@Solomon:/# /sbin/mount -vvvv -t 'nfs' -o vers=4,rw,soft,relatime,retrans=4,timeo=300 'CERBERUS.LOCAL:/volume1/test' '/test'
mount.nfs: timeout set for Thu Jun 27 16:42:07 2024
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'soft,retrans=4,timeo=300,vers=4.2,addr=192.168.40.75,clientaddr=192.168.40.100'
mount.nfs: mount(2): Permission denied

I understand that there is an additional layer of complication with NFS4 but I dont seem to be able to lock it down to ver3 on either the client or server side. Could I get some help?

1 hour ago, Kilrah said:

Been a while, but I again had UD run a script on the wrong drive.

I see many of the zfs timeouts on your mount points.  I've fixed that in the latest version just released.  Update and see if it helps with this situation.  I don't think it will solve the issue.  If it doesn't, post your diagnostics again.

How did you solve this the last time it happened?

13 minutes ago, kfoxirl said:

Still having the same issue unfortunately after upgrading, included an updated diagnostics. solomon-diagnostics-20240627-1735.zip

There is an issue with your network:

Jun 27 17:34:38 Solomon unassigned.devices: Remote Share found with the following attributes: protocol='NFS', ip='CERBERUS.LOCAL', path='/volume1/media', share='media', device='CERBERUS:/volume1/media', name='CERBERUS:/volume1/media', mountpoint='/mnt/remotes/CERBERUS_media', fstype='nfs', alive='1', read_only='', automount='', smb_share='', disable_mount='', mount_dev='CERBERUS.LOCAL:/volume1/media', mounting='', unmounting='', mounted='', remote_read_only='', invalid='', size='0', used='0', avail='0', available='1', target='', command='', command_bg='', enable_script='false', encryption='', prog_name='', user_command='', logfile='', running=''
Jun 27 17:34:38 Solomon unassigned.devices: Mounting Remote Share 'CERBERUS:/volume1/media'...
Jun 27 17:34:38 Solomon unassigned.devices: Mount NFS command: /sbin/mount -t 'nfs' -o rw,soft,relatime,retrans=4,timeo=300 'CERBERUS.LOCAL:/volume1/media' '/mnt/remotes/CERBERUS_media'
Jun 27 17:34:39 Solomon unassigned.devices: NFS mount failed: 'mount.nfs: Network is unreachable'.
Jun 27 17:34:39 Solomon unassigned.devices: Remote Share 'CERBERUS.LOCAL:/volume1/media' failed to mount.

Go to a command line and type 'ud_diagnostics', then post the /flash/logs/ud_diagnostics.zip file here.  There is more information in the ud_diagnostics that will help me figure this out.  Update UD first because I've changed the diagnostics.

58 minutes ago, dlandon said:

How did you solve this the last time it happened?

It was never solved, you just asked to provide diags next time it happened... and since that only seems to happen once every few months that is it...

4 minutes ago, kfoxirl said:

UD sees the remote server as being online, but when mounting there is a network problem:

Jun 27 17:52:42 Solomon unassigned.devices: Mount NFS command: /sbin/mount -t 'nfs' -o rw,soft,relatime,retrans=4,timeo=300 'CERBERUS.LOCAL:/volume1/media' '/mnt/remotes/CERBERUS_media'
Jun 27 17:52:42 Solomon unassigned.devices: NFS mount failed: 'mount.nfs: Network is unreachable'.
Jun 27 17:52:42 Solomon unassigned.devices: Remote Share 'CERBERUS.LOCAL:/volume1/media' failed to mount.

I think this might be the problem:

Jun 27 17:43:09 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Jumbo Frames detected on eth0 ** Ignored

Jumbo frames are not recommended because it is difficult to configure a network properly.  Set the MTU back to the default.

You also need to resolve these FCP issues:

Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application audiobookshelf has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application binhex-readarr has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application binhex-readarr has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application calibre has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application cops has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application firefox has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application firefox has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application immich has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application immich has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application nextcloud has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application qbittorrent has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application radarr has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application sabnzbd has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application sabnzbd has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application sonarr has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application tdarr has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option
Jun 27 17:43:02 Solomon root: Fix Common Problems: Warning: Docker application tdarr has volumes being passed that are mounted by Unassigned Devices, but they are not mounted with the slave option