Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

On 10/4/2018 at 6:09 AM, dlandon said:

Sep 29 17:18:46 Tower unassigned.devices: Error: Remote SMB/NFS server 'DESKTOP-JQBL7CS' is offline and share '//DESKTOP-JQBL7CS/More Media' cannot be mounted.

But it isn't. I can mount it as a network drive on other Windows machines on my network. 

21 hours ago, dlandon said:

Windows uses SMB, not NFS.

Yes, I know, which I why I chose SMB in the drop down when I tried to mount the drive. So, is SMB broken in UD right now?

EDIT: got it to work. Unraid or UD didn't like using the hostname, so I tried using the IP address. That got it to mount. Should've tried that earlier.

Edited by sylinen
found solution
On 10/5/2018 at 5:15 PM, sylinen said:

But it isn't. I can mount it as a network drive on other Windows machines on my network. 

Post diagnostics from trying to mount the SMB share.

The issue is your server that UD thinks is offline.  UD pings the server to be sure it is online.  I don't know what server you are using, but be sure the server is set to respond to a ping.

27 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Post diagnostics from trying to mount the SMB share.

The issue is your server that UD thinks is offline.  UD pings the server to be sure it is online.  I don't know what server you are using, but be sure the server is set to respond to a ping.

And if he's having problems with NETBIOS names, he can always use IP addresses instead.

On 10/7/2018 at 4:41 AM, mikeyosm said:

Any luck with working out the problem?

I don't have a drive to try to simulate your issue.  Install the attached file to:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include

This will log the temperature that is found on the drive.  Once you install the file, navigate to UD and then post your diagnostics.

lib.zip

13 minutes ago, dlandon said:

I don't have a drive to try to simulate your issue.  Install the attached file to:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include

This will log the temperature that is found on the drive.  Once you install the file, navigate to UD and then post your diagnostics.

lib.zip

OK, so I am clear. Copy the php file to include dir and then what do I do?

13 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

OK, so I am clear. Copy the php file to include dir and then what do I do?

Just navigate to the UD (unassigned devices) page so it will check the drive temperature.  You will see the temperature for the drive logged to the syslog.  Then post diagnostics.

19 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Just navigate to the UD (unassigned devices) page so it will check the drive temperature.  You will see the temperature for the drive logged to the syslog.  Then post diagnostics.

Do I need to take the array offline? I tried copying the PHP file over the existing one using krusader in usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include but I get access denied.

15 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

Do I need to take the array offline? I tried copying the PHP file over the existing one using krusader in usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include but I get access denied.

No, but it is:

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/

You missed the leading '/' and I forgot the trailing '/'.

Edited by dlandon
2 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

not happening for me...

Clipboard Image.jpg

It's not /media/usr/... It's /usr/...

Copy the lib.php file to your flash drive.  Get to a command shell (Terminal at top of Unraid page) and the execute this command:

cp /boot/lib.php /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/

12 minutes ago, dlandon said:

It's not /media/usr/... It's /usr/...

Copy the lib.php file to your flash drive.  Get to a command shell (Terminal at top of Unraid page) and the execute this command:

cp /boot/lib.php /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/unassigned.devices/include/

Ok that worked, pm'd u the diag files.

1 hour ago, dlandon said:

Do the following at the command the line and then post the output file.

smartctl -A /dev/device > /boot/smart 

Be sure to use capital A.

Here you go

=== START OF SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART/Health Information (NVMe Log 0x02, NSID 0xffffffff)
Critical Warning:                   0x00
Temperature:                        62 Celsius
Available Spare:                    100%
Available Spare Threshold:          4%
Percentage Used:                    0%
Data Units Read:                    1,081,231 [553 GB]
Data Units Written:                 1,450,708 [742 GB]
Host Read Commands:                 5,959,035
Host Write Commands:                8,681,210
Controller Busy Time:               7,269
Power Cycles:                       2
Power On Hours:                     171
Unsafe Shutdowns:                   1
Media and Data Integrity Errors:    0
Error Information Log Entries:      0
Warning  Comp. Temperature Time:    0
Critical Comp. Temperature Time:    0

Hi

I'm getting tonnes of wrong csrf_token errors in my logs - fixable or not worth worrying about?

Thanks

Oct 10 23:11:15 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:16 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:17 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:18 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:19 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:21 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:22 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:23 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:24 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:25 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:26 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:27 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:28 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:29 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:30 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:31 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:32 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:33 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:34 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:35 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:36 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:37 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:38 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:39 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:41 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

highlander-diagnostics-20181011-1559.zip

27 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

Here you go

=== START OF SMART DATA SECTION ===
SMART/Health Information (NVMe Log 0x02, NSID 0xffffffff)
Critical Warning:                   0x00
Temperature:                        62 Celsius
Available Spare:                    100%
Available Spare Threshold:          4%
Percentage Used:                    0%
Data Units Read:                    1,081,231 [553 GB]
Data Units Written:                 1,450,708 [742 GB]
Host Read Commands:                 5,959,035
Host Write Commands:                8,681,210
Controller Busy Time:               7,269
Power Cycles:                       2
Power On Hours:                     171
Unsafe Shutdowns:                   1
Media and Data Integrity Errors:    0
Error Information Log Entries:      0
Warning  Comp. Temperature Time:    0
Critical Comp. Temperature Time:    0

I updated UD, and made a small change related to the temperature, but I don't think it will solve anything.  I don't see a problem.

Give it a try anyway and let me know if it makes a difference.

Just now, DZMM said:

Hi

I'm getting tonnes of wrong csrf_token errors in my logs - fixable or not worth worrying about?

Thanks

Oct 10 23:11:15 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:16 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:17 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:18 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:19 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:21 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:22 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:23 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:24 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:25 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:26 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:27 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:28 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:29 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:30 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:31 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:32 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:33 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:34 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:35 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:36 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:37 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:38 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:39 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Oct 10 23:11:41 Highlander root: error: /plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

highlander-diagnostics-20181011-1559.zip

This has been covered many, many times.  You had a browser session opened when you rebooted the server.  Close all open browser sessions.

• trurl pinned this topic