[Support] binhex - MineOS-node

58 minutes ago, dyker said:

Maybe I'm not understanding things quite right, but I don't see Java 17  and I'm on the latest version according to unraid.  I'm trying to create and run a 1.18 world (see prior post)

2021-12-27 14_29_31-docker exec -it MineOS-node sh (VDUnraid).png

you are not running the latest image, just verified from tagged 'latest':-

image.png.35c5a19cf8fcaaa86ad04fdbf8b8e312.png

do a 'check for updates' then apply any updates.

Fresh pull, never run before, I get

Created by...
___. .__ .__
\_ |__ |__| ____ | |__ ____ ___ ___
| __ \| |/ \| | \_/ __ \\ \/ /
| \_\ \ | | \ Y \ ___/ > <
|___ /__|___| /___| /\___ >__/\_ \
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/
https://hub.docker.com/u/binhex/

2022-01-02 20:23:48.372649 [info] Host is running unRAID
2022-01-02 20:23:48.394375 [info] System information Linux e899238434a6 4.19.107-Unraid #1 SMP Thu Mar 5 13:55:57 PST 2020 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2022-01-02 20:23:48.418187 [info] OS_ARCH defined as 'x86-64'
2022-01-02 20:23:48.441479 [info] PUID defined as '0'
2022-01-02 20:23:48.468392 [info] PGID defined as '0'
2022-01-02 20:23:48.505339 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2022-01-02 20:23:48.528257 [info] Permissions already set for '/config'
2022-01-02 20:23:48.552086 [info] Deleting files in /tmp (non recursive)...
2022-01-02 20:23:48.586739 [info] WEBUI_PASSWORD defined as 'password'
error: failed to initialize alpm library:
(root: /, dbpath: /var/lib/pacman/)
could not find or read directory

then the container stops.

I searched, couldn't find answer. @binhex, what did I miss?

Binhex reminded me that many containers require 6.9.2 and above to work. Since I tested on 6.9.1, I thought I covered the "up to date" portion, since 6.9.x. Nope.

Works fine with current versions.

Thanks for your work!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2021 at 9:35 PM, ALucio said:

I had the same problem, I believe you are right and it scans the "Servers" directory.

I managed to fixed my slowness issues whilst keeping the Dynmap plugin installed by asking Dynmap to store its map and web data to a folder outside of "servers".

Personally, I created a new folder solely for Dynmap files in the "games" directory, that way it won't be scanned; I used the following steps:

1. In the MineOS container console, I used:

mkdir /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/tiles/

This creates a new folder for the Dynmap tiles to be stored in.

2. Still in the console, I used:

mkdir /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/web/

This creates a folder for the Dynmap web files.

3. In the Dynmap "Configuration.txt" file, change  "tilespath: web/tiles" to "tilespath: /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/tiles"

4. Still in the Dynmap "Configuration.txt" file, change  "webpath: web" to "webpath: /config/mineos/games/dynmap/NameOfServer/web"

5. I then deleted the "web" folder within the Dynmap plugin folder (doing this means a fullrender will be required as all of the current renders are deleted).

6. After a Dynmap fullrender, all of the necessary files were regenerated in the newly made folders and Dynmap no longer has an impact on loading time.

Another great advantage of doing this is that restore points or archives no longer include Dynmap renders (which can be regenerated easily anyway).

Thanks so much for these instructions. I too use dynmap and saw rsync processes taking up all of the container's CPU .. i didn't put 2 and 2 together that Dynmap creates tons and tons of very small files.

There are 2 modifications needed:

Step 1 and 2 need to be "mkdir -p" to create the  entire hierarchy of directories 

Step 5 - Copy the entire contents of the original web folder to the new folder. 

Something like:

cd /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-mineos-node/mineos/games/servers/CREATIVE/plugins/dynmap/web <existing folder
cp -pr * /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-mineos-node/mineos/games/dynmap/SURVIVAL/web/ < folder for server I was trying to fix 

Mine didn't work if I didn't do that - it only showed "directory : /" when you went to the webpage. 

Following those instructions has made my WebGUI load pretty much instantly again. 

Thanks!! 

Hi!
I've been having some strange issues with the Binhex Container sometimes loading all of my 12 threads to 95% or 100% and keeping it there as long as anyone is on the server I'm hosting. A reboot of the container appears to fix the issue but it takes the container a solid 5min to even let me get to the web UI and another 2-3 min to show me my list of servers (1 server). I've already moved my dynmap storage folder to not interfere with the scanning that has been mentioned here before.

The server is running :
MC_Spigot 1.18.1

16GB RAM (48Gb total )

on a Ryzen 5 3600 6c/12t

Last time this occured I had to stop the container from Unraid as the WebUI wasn't responding at all anymore and basically froze my entire server. After that I checked the logs a bit more carfully and I'm getting a ton of  lines saying "[Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]:" listing basically every function on the server (minecraft.server.level.ChunkProvider, Dynmap, etc.). I assume that this is the due to the container shutting down through Unraid but I though I'd still mention it.

There are also a bunch of "Can't keep up!" (~100ticks behind) messages now and then but usually only after somebody TPs around on the server (creative server so this happens quite often).

First post here so please let me know if I missed something and huge thank you for supporting this awesome docker container!

Edited by frokes
On 1/27/2022 at 5:56 AM, frokes said:

Hi!
I've been having some strange issues with the Binhex Container sometimes loading all of my 12 threads to 95% or 100% and keeping it there as long as anyone is on the server I'm hosting. A reboot of the container appears to fix the issue but it takes the container a solid 5min to even let me get to the web UI and another 2-3 min to show me my list of servers (1 server). I've already moved my dynmap storage folder to not interfere with the scanning that has been mentioned here before.

The server is running :
MC_Spigot 1.18.1

16GB RAM (48Gb total )

on a Ryzen 5 3600 6c/12t

Last time this occured I had to stop the container from Unraid as the WebUI wasn't responding at all anymore and basically froze my entire server. After that I checked the logs a bit more carfully and I'm getting a ton of  lines saying "[Spigot Watchdog Thread/ERROR]:" listing basically every function on the server (minecraft.server.level.ChunkProvider, Dynmap, etc.). I assume that this is the due to the container shutting down through Unraid but I though I'd still mention it.

There are also a bunch of "Can't keep up!" (~100ticks behind) messages now and then but usually only after somebody TPs around on the server (creative server so this happens quite often).

First post here so please let me know if I missed something and huge thank you for supporting this awesome docker container!

I can't help with the issue of the docker taking a long time to start the webui and then a long time to load the server list, but i had a lot of server performance issues with spigot in the past and they mostly went away when i switched to paper. might be good to look into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello there,

I've been trying to get two mc servers running on my unraid server for a few days. As it didn't work with multiple Dockers (MinecraftBasicServer & BinHex Minecraftserver) I tried MineOs.

Both servers work independently (port 25565 & 25566).

My problem is that when one server is running and I start the second server, server A gets shut down.

Log of the server getting shut down:

grafik.thumb.png.e75d9b92e61ccaeb0c57a8acc38999ab.png

Log of the starting server:grafik.thumb.png.905df418838809391004f0598be7d122.png

sys specs:

i3 8350k
msi b360m
8 GB DDR4 (another 8GB are coming soon)

Any help is apprechiated

Thanks for your work ;)

36 minutes ago, Hazgebu said:

Both servers work independently (port 25565 & 25566).

assuming both containers have separate HOST ports defined i would suspect your system cannot cope with running two minecraft servers at the same time probably due to underpowered CPU, thus the overloaded message shown in the first screenshot.

Seems I get stuck on after I try to login on the webinterface.

Tried differtent things, even checked log folder (which is empty):

/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-mineos-node/mineos/logs

Tried multiple options:

1. Other port number

2. Fixed IP adress on Custom:BR0 

3. Windows VM under Unraid 

4. Different webbrowsers

5. Clean install of the docker

Did try to search for a solution, but no luck. 

Any suggestions for this problem?

On 2/22/2022 at 6:06 PM, binhex said:

assuming both containers have separate HOST ports defined i would suspect your system cannot cope with running two minecraft servers at the same time probably due to underpowered CPU, thus the overloaded message shown in the first screenshot.

Upgrading to 16GB of RAM seems to have fixed it. I guess there was not enough RAM so one server had to be killed.

Thanks for making this docker :)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

New to this container but having some issues with it hoping there's a solution.

image.thumb.png.798cf0bfedbcb3b3764a422f16ac122a.png

After login of root:mineos I get this in firefox / chrome

image.thumb.png.166d894619da4c2e9fed6de7cbf553af.png

Looked in the supervisor.log in  /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-mineos and didn't see any errors.

unraid: 6.9.2

BR4 is a VLAN and the IP is unique only to this container.  Traffic my my client to this vlan is completely open (firewall wise)

I have a question about the container port range. To mix things up I usually change standard port designations. and because of this I tried changing the range from 25565-25575 to 56555-56565. But when I start the Docker it uses the default ports.

is there a way to change the port designation?

Vin

Been awhile since I posted last, but I decided it was time to update my Minecraft servers to the latest PaperMC out now.

Last version I have is for 1.17.1.

I have seen a few others on this thread with this same issue...once on the latest version of the MineOS container, there is no longer an option for PaperMC in the profiles selection to choose from.

@binhex, with the latest version of MineOS, was PaperMC removed on purpose due to some compatibility issue or something?

I have tried manually downloading the latest PaperMC jar from their site, puttying into Unraid....putting the new jar in there...changing the permissions to 0777 and Users/Nobody, but nothing I do seems to make that work either.

The new jar doesn't even show up on the "Change the running jar file to..." dropdown.

My question is what do I do now?  Am I stuck with 1.17.1? Since my servers are in PaperMC/bukkit format and would like to retain that, what do I use to bring my servers up to the latest?  How can I force PaperMC manually if possible?.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edited by ArKineX
On 3/22/2022 at 12:10 AM, Vinster411 said:

I have a question about the container port range. To mix things up I usually change standard port designations. and because of this I tried changing the range from 25565-25575 to 56555-56565. But when I start the Docker it uses the default ports.

is there a way to change the port designation?

Vin

@Vinster411,

Go to the Docker Container and edit it. Change the "Host port 2" setting.  Make this the new range for your servers. Apply, and restart your docker.

image.thumb.png.b897e11d3b21dfd29d3ff808e3f4e708.png

Then when you login to MineOS, go make sure the Minecraft server you want to change is stopped.  Go to the server properties page of that server and change the "server port" of the server to a port in the range you designated.  When you start the server back up and check the log output and see if the new port took affect and then you can test.   Also make sure if you are hosting outside local you setup port forwarding on your router for the new Minecraft server ports you designated.

image.png.97e0d86d0e02227a2d4e2e38e0de4fcb.png

I hope that helps.

Edited by ArKineX

hi,

my webui crash after a while, but my minecraft instance running fine.

If i restart the container can i reach the webui for a while before it crash again.

lbH2xY.png

can i restart the webui without stopping minecraft?

Edited by zacc
On 3/26/2022 at 1:39 PM, ArKineX said:

Been awhile since I posted last, but I decided it was time to update my Minecraft servers to the latest PaperMC out now.

Last version I have is for 1.17.1.

I have seen a few others on this thread with this same issue...once on the latest version of the MineOS container, there is no longer an option for PaperMC in the profiles selection to choose from.

@binhex, with the latest version of MineOS, was PaperMC removed on purpose due to some compatibility issue or something?

I have tried manually downloading the latest PaperMC jar from their site, puttying into Unraid....putting the new jar in there...changing the permissions to 0777 and Users/Nobody, but nothing I do seems to make that work either.

The new jar doesn't even show up on the "Change the running jar file to..." dropdown.

My question is what do I do now?  Am I stuck with 1.17.1? Since my servers are in PaperMC/bukkit format and would like to retain that, what do I use to bring my servers up to the latest?  How can I force PaperMC manually if possible?.

Any help would be appreciated!

I haven't had any issues manually dropping a new jar in my server folder and selecting it in MineOS. Make sure you dropped the paperclip.jar into the correct folder ( /config/mineos/games/servers/NAMEOFSERVER/paperclip.jar )

If it is in the right place but not showing up, I would recommend launching the console for the docker (click the mineos docker icon in unraid and select console) and run

chmod -R 777 /config

this will probably take about 30 seconds to complete. once it's finished, restart the docker and see if the file you dropped into the server folder will show up.

Edited by CmdrKeen
  • Like 1
On 4/3/2022 at 7:36 PM, CmdrKeen said:

I haven't had any issues manually dropping a new jar in my server folder and selecting it in MineOS. Make sure you dropped the paperclip.jar into the correct folder ( /config/mineos/games/servers/NAMEOFSERVER/paperclip.jar )

If it is in the right place but not showing up, I would recommend launching the console for the docker (click the mineos docker icon in unraid and select console) and run

chmod -r 777 /config

this will probably take about 30 seconds to complete. once it's finished, restart the docker and see if the file you dropped into the server folder will show up.

@CmdrKeen,

You da bomb!  I just realized I had older folders of standalone Binhex Minecraft servers I was running before I switched over to MineOS...and I was putting the files there.   Lolz....

After going into the "MineOS" folder I was able to drop the correct files there.

Going to nuke the old binhex folders now.  😃

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, emkab said:

i cannot access mineos remotely with port forwarding, is this even possible?

The servers it runs? Yes, I have a server up that my local game group uses. Only standard mc port is forwarded.

The management interface? IDK, never tried. All my management is done either locally or VPN.

On 10/6/2021 at 4:16, dkerlee said:

@binhex gracias por opinar. Ni siquiera había considerado que diferentes servidores, POR SUPUESTO, necesitan / requieren diferentes versiones de Java. Entonces, ¿Crafty lo hace? Se ve genial, lo probaré para mis servidores.

¿Usted o alguien comentaría sobre todos estos diferentes sabores de Minecraft Dockers? ¿Tres directamente de Binhex?:

1. Crafty ( hilo del foro de unRaid )

2. Minecraftserver ( hilo del foro unRaid )

3. Mineos-node ( hilo del foro unRaid )

Para mí, he estado usando el nodo Mineos para la interfaz de usuario web y la capacidad de ejecutar varios servidores a la vez en diferentes puertos. Tomó un poco de esfuerzo hacer que Geyser funcionara (amigo en un Switch), pero lo conseguí, y ha estado bien. No me gusta el sistema de copia de seguridad incorporado en Mineos-node, pero lo resolví con otro complemento drivebackupV2 .

Hello, I have the same problem, my son has the switch minecraft and we want to create a server to play together (I have the java edition), can you help me?