[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

12 minutes ago, Chriexpe said:

Does Intel GPU TOP plugin supports SVT-AV1 encoding?

You have to understand that Inte GPU Top is only a tool for reading the utilisation from you Intel GPU.

14 minutes ago, Chriexpe said:

Immich

h.264 and h.265 should be possible, if not please ask at the supprt Thread from Immochi

Hower encoding AV1 is on Intel hardware is not supported on Linux currently only Windows is supported from the software side regardless from what software are you using.

Please also be aware that your CPU is capable of Decoding AV1, transcoding is not possible with your Alder Lake CPU (see here)

Please note, I would not invest too much time into AV1 yet because it will take a few more years for it to really take of so that more and more devices are supporting it, h.265 is the much better choice for now.

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

You have to understand that Inte GPU Top is only a tool for reading the utilisation from you Intel GPU.

My bad, I thought it enabled it too, but now I remember I also have Intel Graphics SR-IOV plugin that replaces it with i915 driver.

Hower encoding AV1 is on Intel hardware is not supported on Linux currently only Windows is supported from the software side regardless from what software are you using.

So only Intel Arc is currently supported? I thought SVT-AV1 encoding worked on 12th+ Intel CPUs too, but can't find anything online about it. (or is it like 5x slower than HW HEVC encoding?)

I would not invest too much time into AV1 yet because it will take a few more years for it to really take of so that more and more devices are supporting it, h.265 is the much better choice for now.

I did use HW QSV h.265 to transcode all my media on Immich, but Firefox can't play it (at least on Linux), with AV1 it should work fine.

27 minutes ago, Chriexpe said:

My bad, I thought it enabled it too, but now I remember I also have Intel Graphics SR-IOV plugin that replaces it with i915 driver.

This changes basically nothing.

So only Intel Arc is currently supported?

Did you follow the link, only 13th gen+:

grafik.thumb.png.dec3e96f18b5dd17f8c2eae97b19c39e.png

(your CPU can decode it)

I did use HW QSV h.265 to transcode all my media on Immich, but Firefox can't play it (at least on Linux)

And Windows, Firefox simply doesn't support h.265, h.264 would work fine.

AV1 is still not mainstream and most devices can't even play it natively, your best bet is h.265 or h.264 currently.

Hey all! I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I upgraded my server to an Intel i9-14900K and have been trying to utilize its GPU with Plex and other containers like Unmanic. Since the upgrade it has been crashing at least once a day. I installed the Intel_GPU_Top plugin but I realize now that doesn't really do anything as far drivers are concerned. Just makes the device visible, and gives you a monitoring tool, I think? Anyway, I pass /dev/dri through to the container and Plex sees the GPU to use for transcoding in the settings. Just today I noticed the output on the console screen, not the syslog for some reason, threw a bunch of errors mentioning the Plex transcoder before the system froze.

Could someone check my diagnostics and see if Plex is the cause of my issues? Or perhaps confirm that Plex doesn't support my intel GPU at this time? Please and Thank You! 🙏🙏🙏

aorus-diagnostics-20240424-1653.zip

Edited by Gex2501
typos
On 3/22/2024 at 12:16 AM, shanelord said:

I just checked and it was there?

I've removed it an created it again. It has the top line of the file set to

options qnap-ec check-for-chip=no

root@shasam:~# sudo sh
root@shasam:~# cd /boot/config/modprobe.d
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# ls
qnap-ec.config
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# rm qnap-ec.config
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# touch qnap_ec.conf
root@shasam:/boot/config/modprobe.d# nano qnap_ec.conf
qnap_ec.conf

Thanks for posting this. I was having the same issues with my TS-464 and qnap-ec not surviving any reboots.

I've followed your steps with manually removing the qnap-ec.config file and creating the qnap-ec.conf file. I'm hoping that this might resolve the issue. I'm also moving a large amount of data right now (about 12TB) so we'll see if this all survives the next reboot.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Gex2501 said:

Intel i9-14900K

Does not work currently on 6.12.10 because the Kernel is simply too old.

You have to wait for a 6.13.x RC release and try there, if it then is still not working then please report it here.

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Does not work currently on 6.12.10 because the Kernel is simply too old.

You have to wait for a 6.13.x RC release and try there, if it then is still not working then please report it here.

Well that'll teach me to buy the "latest and greatest" hardware. Can I be on the list to beta test or get an alert when the RC is avilable?

17 minutes ago, Gex2501 said:

Well that'll teach me to buy the "latest and greatest" hardware.

Bleeding edge hardware on Linux in general is never the best choice, at least when it was just released.

17 minutes ago, Gex2501 said:

Can I be on the list to beta test or get an alert when the RC is avilable?

I think so, maybe @SpencerJ can put you on the list of testers, would be also interesting to me if everything is working properly.

Also check back from time to time in the Announcements subforums or subscribe to the newsletter.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Bleeding edge hardware on Linux in general is never the best choice, at least when it was just released.

I think so, maybe @SpencerJ can put you on the list of testers, would be also interesting to me if everything is working properly.

Also check back from time to time in the Announcements subforums or subscribe to the newsletter.

Here is a screen shot of my console from the crash last night. Just in case it's of interest.

TinyPilot-2024-04-25T18_11_22.500Z.jpg

10 minutes ago, Gex2501 said:

Just in case it's of interest.

Just in case are you sure that your CPU is stable?

I heard a lot of things in regards that 13th and 14th gen are really unstable and even crashing on Windows quiet frequently…

Please make sure that your BIOS is up to date and ensure that your power limits are under control.

11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Just in case are you sure that your CPU is stable?

I heard a lot of things in regards that 13th and 14th gen are really unstable and even crashing on Windows quiet frequently…

Please make sure that your BIOS is up to date and ensure that your power limits are under control.

I believe it is good. I booted into windows from an SSD and ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool for 24 hours. Didn't find any problems...

BIOS was updated to the latest as well.

Edited by Gex2501
5 minutes ago, Gex2501 said:

BIOS was updated to the latest as well.

I just read that ASUS for example released a new BIOS where they now improved stability. Don't know if Gigabyte has/will also release a new BIOS.

Please also check if you have a option to improve performance from the CPU in the BIOS and disable it.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

I just read that ASUS for example released a new BIOS where they now improved stability. Don't know if Gigabyte has/will also release a new BIOS.

Please also check if you have a option to improve performance from the CPU in the BIOS and disable it.

Yeah, I figured all the gamer performance enhancements and overclocking things were unnecessary, even hazardous, to Unraid. I disabled all that nonsense. 

Gigabyte does look like they released a new BIOS just two days ago. I'll update to that but without kernal support for my newer CPU I'll just be waiting on 6.13. What kernal version is being used with that version of Unraid?

4 hours ago, Gex2501 said:

Yeah

Can you please do me a favor?

Please issue this command form a Unraid terminal:

mkdir -p /boot/config/modprobe.d
echo "blacklist i915" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

After that make sure that Intel-GPU-TOP is installed, reboot, pull the Diagnostics after the reboot and post it here please?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you please do me a favor?

Please issue this command form a Unraid terminal:

mkdir -p /boot/config/modprobe.d
echo "blacklist i915" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

After that make sure that Intel-GPU-TOP is installed, reboot, pull the Diagnostics after the reboot and post it here please?

Here's the ZIP. Did you want me to do that using the 14Gen-i9 processor though? I just switched back to using my older 12Gen-i5...

aorus-diagnostics-20240426-0726.zip

54 minutes ago, asbath said:

Thank you!

Please put the attached binary on your server, navigate to it in the terminal, make it executable if not already and execute it:

cd /path/to/file
chmod +x check_chip
./check_chip

Please post the output.

check_chip

22 minutes ago, asbath said:

output

Please uninstall the plugin, then remove the .conf file that you've created with:

rm -f /boot/config/modprobe.d/qnap_ec.conf

then install the plugin again, reboot and see if it is working.

• Like 1