Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

7 hours ago, falconexe said:

Sounds good. I’ll be on the lookout. Thanks.

I'd like to know what you come up with if you do.  I just got prom/node-exporter setup via docker and communicating with prometheus.  It includes a collector for hwmon which according to documentation is where amd_energy is pulled from.  However, in grafana when I select prometheus as the data source for a panel I can't find any hwmon that shows or references amd_energy.  I know prom/node-exporter is working because all the other collectors are showing in prometheus including a lot of hwmon ones.

Edit:  Should also add that I am running 6.9 Beta 29 

Edited by mmag05
12 hours ago, falconexe said:

@MrLondon Hey man. Glad we got your AMD Threadripper CPU temps and fans working!!! Can you post pictures of the queries we made so we can document for others who have to use the "sensors" plugin on consumer hardware, instead of IPMI on server hardware? I'll be adding this code to 1.4 as alternate queries.

Here are some screenshots of what I had to use with my 3900x to get fan RPMs and CPU Temp

Fan.jpg

CPU Temp.jpg

• Like 1
13 hours ago, falconexe said:

@MrLondon Hey man. Glad we got your AMD Threadripper CPU temps and fans working!!! Can you post pictures of the queries we made so we can document for others who have to use the "sensors" plugin on consumer hardware, instead of IPMI on server hardware? I'll be adding this code to 1.4 as alternate queries.

This is what I came up with when dialed into MrLondon's computer WAY early this morning.

CPU - AMD Ryzen (For his setup, this is the only one that worked)

cpu_temp1.PNG.104dde621fab436234955978b598135a.thumb.PNG.cb294f7c6befaccbe31c56d8c50b6d4e.PNG

Fans (We turned off REGEX and Manually Set):

fan.PNG.0777161ff7514f225a9dcf99457f380f.thumb.PNG.63e8d014f6bfcc533496a7e5ba82a42b.PNG

6 hours ago, MrLondon said:

Actually this is the correct setting, I now updated my setup to this after checking in unraid under system temp and there it list the same chip asmmag05 showed.

sensors1.PNG

Fair enough. I thought we tried that one and it was returning 0C. Maybe we didn’t wait long enough. No worries, it was 4:30AM my time and was running on no sleep. Glad you got it figured out!

This is what my "Array Storage" section looks like:

image.png.407f813f0d8f03e68782b7454749c53f.png

Note that the Free space is highlighted in red. That doesn't make much sense to me considering that I've got 36% of my disk space unused. I went to edit the overrides, looking to change the percentage, figuring that it was just a typo somewhere. In the overrides for the "Free" section, I found this:

image.png.73480f5bf5d26527543c8f3b100b3434.png

I changed the Thresholds mode to Percentage, then added a Min override and set it to 0. Now my Free space has an orange background. Something you may want to consider for future updates.

1 hour ago, FreeMan said:

This is what my "Array Storage" section looks like:

image.png.407f813f0d8f03e68782b7454749c53f.png

Note that the Free space is highlighted in red. That doesn't make much sense to me considering that I've got 36% of my disk space unused. I went to edit the overrides, looking to change the percentage, figuring that it was just a typo somewhere. In the overrides for the "Free" section, I found this:

image.png.73480f5bf5d26527543c8f3b100b3434.png

I changed the Thresholds mode to Percentage, then added a Min override and set it to 0. Now my Free space has an orange background. Something you may want to consider for future updates.

Keep in mind this was based on MY drives and my personal thresholds set in TB (not percent). It is always implied that users will have to make adjustments to their panels in order to accommodate their hardware and personal aesthetic preferences.

That being said, I'll just do this moving forward. Makes more sense anyway. I was using thresholds based on space that also had to account for different drive units (MB/GB/TB) across the different types of charts (Flash/Cache/Array). So if I just add this new field Used % to all drive tables, it is now universal throughout... If someone wants to change the thresholds, they can just do that.

image.thumb.png.658055e8a1d6ed54ec6ad54750d3fb64.png

image.png.e7dadfecb8e3b68bbeb5c21ae5d4b051.png

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, falconexe said:

So if I just add this new field Used % to all drive tables, it is now universal throughout... If someone wants to change the thresholds, they can just do that.

I'll add this in the next release Version 1.4.

Edited by falconexe

Great news everyone. I just finished up CORE development on version 1.4. Now I just need to go through everything over the coming week and perform validation testing. I'm really looking forward to everyone checking it out. We are on track for a release by next weekend. Here's a sneak peek. This is the largest update YET!!!

image.thumb.png.4a01a472c742b9239ab7a7e2997fb960.png

And Did Someone Say "Unassigned"? ✔️ 😉

image.thumb.png.1d9a3c362612bd2faab77ff8f54b52e7.png

image.thumb.png.53d181280568bc705aa8f5b41f8aa0c1.png

image.thumb.png.893dde7be7f5425790c907a20732bdd5.png

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, falconexe said:

Man I miss Walter... "We're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours."

Was a fun show to watch. "Fringe" if others haven't gotten the reference.

"In the seventies, I innocently wandered into the wrong home and it was three days before I realized my mistake. And unlike Olivia, the woman with whom I was sharing a bed didn't look like my wife at all."

12 hours ago, falconexe said:

Keep in mind this was based on MY drives and my personal thresholds set in TB (not percent)

Hence "something you may want to consider" not "you should do it this way!" :). And, consider it you did. ;)

If I build up some energy for it in the next couple of days, maybe I'll write up a "Customisations to consider" post. Comb through all the posts and put together some text on things that people have had to adapt to make it fit their personal server situation. Deleting extra NICs, naming fans instead of RegEx, adjusting drive free space highlights from absolute to pct and setting thresholds as desired, naming drives instead of serials, etc (Just a couple off the top of my head).

4 hours ago, FreeMan said:

Hence "something you may want to consider" not "you should do it this way!" :). And, consider it you did. ;)

If I build up some energy for it in the next couple of days, maybe I'll write up a "Customisations to consider" post. Comb through all the posts and put together some text on things that people have had to adapt to make it fit their personal server situation. Deleting extra NICs, naming fans instead of RegEx, adjusting drive free space highlights from absolute to pct and setting thresholds as desired, naming drives instead of serials, etc (Just a couple off the top of my head).

Please don’t 😂.

26 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Please don’t 😂.

Man, it took me a while to figure out what you meant. It just hit me that you totally misunderstood my intent, and it's obvious that I wasn't all that clear...

I was intending it to be a "new user tips & tweaks" or "@falconexe has released a new version and I need to recustomize it, now what the heck did I change last time" type of "customizations to consider", not for more changes for you to make.

I was talking about a reference post for new people who don't have 2 CPUs to figure out how to get rid of the 2nd set of CPU graphs, and instructions on how to go about naming drives instead of having them listed by serial #, etc. Not more suggestions for you to implement in the first place...

Whew! I thought you didn't like my idea. I was gonna be hurt... :(

41 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Man, it took me a while to figure out what you meant. It just hit me that you totally misunderstood my intent, and it's obvious that I wasn't all that clear...

I was intending it to be a "new user tips & tweaks" or "@falconexe has released a new version and I need to recustomize it, now what the heck did I change last time" type of "customizations to consider", not for more changes for you to make.

Ahh. Yeah that makes more sense and is appreciated. I took it the other way ha ha. I’ve been working so hard...😂 barely have the time for what I HAVE put out. I was like, how am I gonna make this guy happy, and some of the stuff he’s asking for is simply impossible to code and make it automagically happen LOL.

My remark was supposed to be comical and facetious. We’re good man. 👍🏻

Edited by falconexe
3 hours ago, falconexe said:

I was like, how am I gonna make this guy happy, and some of the stuff he’s asking for is simply impossible to code and make it automagically happen LOL.

You know, a real software guy would simply say "upgrade the hardware"...  🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

1 hour ago, ptchernegovski said:

This looks so good. The 1.4 update looks great. Also can't wait for 1.5 from the sounds of the features in it.
Will give it a go to install some time over the next few days. Will probably come back here for some help with it all as I haven't done this type of stuff before.

Thanks. Glad you’re liking it so much! We’ll be here when you take the plunge. I highly recommend waiting until next weekend when 1.4 drops. Well worth the short wait!

• Thanks 1