Ultimate UNRAID Dashboard (UUD)

1 hour ago, falconexe said:

And easy on your CPU ha ha it might burn up. Never seen an UNRAID server so pegged. Folding at Home is a beast.

Glad to know the RED CPU Core thresholds are working correctly LOL.

Yea, I let it go hard on all cores because gets more work done. Have a tower cooler on it at least. Can't wait for 6.9 so I can see temps....hopefully

Hey everyone, I added a UUD News section to post # 1.

In case you didn't see, the UUD was featured in the official UNRAID monthly newsletter. I am super humbled to be included in that, and I wanted to thank the UUD community for making this what it is!

2020-09-28: The UUD is Featured in the Official UNRAID Monthly Newsletter (September 2020)!

http://eepurl.com/hekG2f

I just got 1.3 to work in full. :D

Very little works in 1.4, at least for me.

Just for example this is the code to get fan dials to work on my system:

SELECT last("fan_input") FROM "sensors" WHERE ("feature" =~ /fan./) AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval), "feature"

Set ALIAS BY to: 

$tag_feature

Edited by Forty Two
7 hours ago, Forty Two said:

I just got 1.3 to work in full. :D

Very little works in 1.4, at least for me.

Just for example this is the code to get fan dials to work on my system:

SELECT last("fan_input") FROM "sensors" WHERE ("feature" =~ /fan./) AND $timeFilter GROUP BY time($__interval), "feature"

Set ALIAS BY to: 

$tag_feature

On each update (if you choose to use it) you will need to set the variables, datasources, and modify the queries again. If you want, you can just copy the JSON for a particular 1.3 panel you have modified (got working for your hardware) and just import it into the 1.4 dashboard. Alternatively, if there is something you must have from 1.4, you can do the opposite and import it into your working (stable) version of 1.3.

All kinds of options... FYI, many people have contacted me me and said that they love 1.4 and that it is working perfectly for them. So if 1.3 works for you, there should be know reason 1.4 won't work for you too. You'll just need to put some time into it. Let me know if I can help.

On each update (if you choose to use it) you will need to set the variables, datasources, and modify the queries again. If you want, you can just copy the JSON for a particular 1.3 panel you have modified (got working for your hardware) and just import it into the 1.4 dashboard. Alternatively, if there is something you must have from 1.4, you can do the opposite and import it into your working (stable) version of 1.3.

All kinds of options... FYI, many people have contacted me me and said that they love 1.4 and that it is working perfectly for them. So if 1.3 works for you, there should be know reason 1.4 won't work for you too. You'll just need to put some time into it. Let me know if I can help.

I'll get it working, and the whole setup looks great. I really appreciate the amount of work you've put into this. 

Just a little bit disappointed that I have to start over. :)

8 minutes ago, Forty Two said:

I'll get it working, and the whole setup looks great. I really appreciate the amount of work you've put into this. 

Just a little bit disappointed that I have to start over. :)

I hear you. Unfortunately, there is no possible way to to carry forward anyone's modifications from a personal branch into a new release automatically. That being said, no one has to upgrade unless they want to, but my goal is to provide must have features in each release so that people will want to. This whole UUD concept takes work from both sides. It always has, and always will. It is just too dynamic of a situation. I look at the UUD as more of a foundation and insanely good template to start from.

I'm trying to make it as out of the box as possible, but due to the nature of this being based around user customization and infinite hardware combinations, it requires that special touch from each user to make it their own. My hope is that as people start messing with it, these concepts and skills will be built over time, and everyone who uses the UUD will gain knowledge. Then the end users can start sharing code and stuff they have built with the UUD community.

If you run on server hardware and can use IPMI, the UUD should just work out of the box with minimal effort like setting the upper variables. If you run on desktop/consumer hardware, you'll have to ditch IPMI, and use Sensors instead. That is where it takes some effort, but I have helped a few folks out there get up and running with Sensors, and it works great once you know how to bend it to your will.

I'm glad you think it looks great and I wanted to personally say thanks for your appreciation of my work. It means a lot!

Something really cool happened. I woke up this morning and my profile had this green wording on it.

1800702113_ScreenShot2020-10-12at12_16_41.png.5cb3601405d35317b79a15602832b549.png

I just officially became the newest UNRAID "Community Developer". I just wanted to say thanks to UNRAID and @SpencerJ for bestowing this honor. I am pleased to be able to add to the community overall. You guys rock! Honestly, I have been a part of many forums over the years, and I have never seen a community so eager to help, never condescending, always maintaining professional decorum, and overall just a great place to be.

I'm proud to be a part of it!

Edited by falconexe
  • Like 9
7 minutes ago, falconexe said:

Something really cool happened. I woke up this morning and my profile had this green wording on it.

1800702113_ScreenShot2020-10-12at12_16_41.png.5cb3601405d35317b79a15602832b549.png

I just officially became the newest UNRAID "Community Developer".

Well deserved!

Thank you for all of your contributions to the Unraid community.

• Thanks 1

Alright everyone. I have made some MAJOR updates/changes/additions to the Plex/Varken panels coming to the UUD version 1.5.

Starting with the upper panel, I turned this into a REAL TIME stream monitor that watches for activity every 30 seconds. I think it looks freakin sweet. The heat maps add a nice touch and give a 10,000 foot view of activity, and I really like the way the real time monitoring table came out with custom triggers, overrides, and formatting. Everything you would want to know about what and where exactly activity is coming from on your Plex server. I used 2 VPNs on this screenshot, and left my user account status mostly intact so you could see a full record. Other people, places and things are redacted where applicable. Let me know your thoughts.

New Dynamic Watched Percent (Really like the way this turned out!):

image.png.5ae231b13ff94f00604abd79d0314964.png

Current Stream Pie Charts:

image.png.7901b91a98c653c963b3d161972932a8.png

Heat Map with Relative Dynamic Timeframes (Skew As Time Passes):

image.thumb.png.babf3e51fab8b36b7f6a7b6a45e30a3b.png

Full Top Panel (Plex Real Time Stats):

714400470_RealTime.thumb.png.47710908e72050e13c71386f5751f1c7.png

I'll preview/discuss the second row of panels in my next post!

Alright everyone. I have made some MAJOR updates/changes/additions to the Plex/Varken panels coming to the UUD version 1.5.

Starting with the upper panel, I turned this into a REAL TIME stream monitor that watches for activity every 30 seconds. I think it looks freakin sweet. The heat maps add a nice touch and give a 10,000 foot view of activity, and I really like the way the real time monitoring table came out with custom triggers, overrides, and formatting. Everything you would want to know about what and where exactly activity is coming from on your Plex server. I used 2 VPNs on this screenshot, and left my user account status mostly intact so you could see a full record. Other people, places and things are redacted where applicable. Let me know your thoughts.

New Dynamic Watched Percent (Really like the way this turned out!):

image.png.5ae231b13ff94f00604abd79d0314964.png

Current Stream Pie Charts:

image.png.7901b91a98c653c963b3d161972932a8.png

Heat Map with Relative Dynamic Timeframes (Skew As Time Passes):

image.thumb.png.babf3e51fab8b36b7f6a7b6a45e30a3b.png

Full Top Panel (Plex Real Time Stats):

714400470_RealTime.thumb.png.47710908e72050e13c71386f5751f1c7.png

I'll preview/discuss the second row of panels in my next post!

Looking good!

I have started playing with Varken a little for when 1.5 drops.

Really hope you can get an Nvidia panel or 2 working to show load, etc, for things like hardware transcoding in Plex. Or Folding at Home using those GPU's too....

1 hour ago, ptchernegovski said:

Looking good!

I have started playing with Varken a little for when 1.5 drops.

Really hope you can get an Nvidia panel or 2 working to show load, etc, for things like hardware transcoding in Plex. Or Folding at Home using those GPU's too....

I've covered this before.

On 9/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, Dazog said:

Nvidia card monitoring for us peeps using nvidia custom unraid builds and future unraid builds with nvidia driver support baked in ;)

On 9/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, falconexe said:

Thanks for the feedback.

I am not running the beta yet, but I don't foresee any issues. I'll just have to keep adding support for new features. The problem is, I don't run my server with ALL features, so it would be hard to test. Some others have asked for NVIDIA GPU monitoring. This is all possible, but hard to develop for if I'm not rocking that architecture.

If you want to add NVIDIA GPU monitoring, check out the following:

https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/tree/release-1.15/plugins/inputs/nvidia_smi

Once you install the plugin in Telegraf and enable it in the config, it should show up in the query window and you can start messing with it. IF, I ever end up putting a GPU into my UNRAID box, I'll bake it in. I just don't have any spare GPUs currently, and no more PCIe slots left that aren't filled with HBAs, 10Gig NICs, and PCIe NVMe adapters LOL.

Edited by falconexe
28 minutes ago, falconexe said:

https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/tree/release-1.15/plugins/inputs/nvidia_smi

Once you install the plugin in Telegraf and enable it in the config, it should show up in the query window and you can start messing with it. IF, I ever end up putting a GPU into my UNRAID box, I'll bake it in. I just don't have any spare GPUs currently, and no more PCIe slots left that aren't filled with HBAs, 10Gig NICs, and PCIe NVMe adapters LOL.

I had my own dashboard for monitoring.

Just suggested it for people who don't want to make their own ;)

13 hours ago, falconexe said:

Ahhh, was going off memory, and for some reason thought you had said it was something for a future UUD.

Sorry for the confusion

5 minutes ago, ptchernegovski said:

Ahhh, was going off memory, and for some reason thought you had said it was something for a future UUD.

Sorry for the confusion

No worries. It might me something I add if I end up getting a GPU. My chassis (45 Drives Storinator Q30 Turbo) is geared towards mass storage, and CPU/RAM performance, but not necessarily GPUs. I'd have to upgrade the PSU and drop some PCIe expansion stuff to do it. Maybe I'll use my old gaming rig to run a test bed UNRAID build with my old GTX 2080Ti (once I get my hands on a RTX 3080).

• 2 weeks later...

I have my monitoring dashboard based on Gilbn work.

I'll probably replace it with uud when i have time. 

Until then i'd like to had a monitoring of data written to my pools (as i had big troubles with excessive writes on cache pool). 

I absolutlely don't know to write a query for that. I start with diskio write_bytes field but i don't know how to use it to have:

the data written displayed in the same way as cost/ kwh in ups dashboard.

I mean have a graph with bar for a week with the amount of data written each day. And the same with a mont and data written each week. 

Do you know how to do that; i'm lost with time interval, group by,... ?

edit: this could also be a suggestion of evolution. I think it would be a great idea for monitoring ssd health. It could also be done with smartdata nandwritten attribute.

edit2: finally got it installed (only the dashboard) and modified to use my databases which are separated (docker,apc,unraid).

@falconexe: do you have a 4K screen ? 😁 I only have full hd screens and it's way too big at least for drives panels (smart, life, health)

a quick suggestion : threshold used for disk space is not really confortable : the 49,9% is light yellow. With a darker yellow the text is much more visible.

I don't know why but i had to prefix all paths with /rootfs. 

Edited by caplam

The same concepts I applied to the UUD with regards to array growth can be applied to any metric. What type of graph are you looking for? Just a number for each interval over time (day/week/month/year) or do you want to see it on a single chart like a line/bar graph? I’m finishing up the work on version 1.5 and hope to have that done this weekend. I can work on this after that.

i managed to get a result. It's a first shot but it seems to be almost what i'm looking for.

On the screenshot you can see high writes on 16th and 17th (i received my new ssds the 15th). Then i replaced the btrfs pool by 2 xfs single ssd pools. You can see the result in the numbers. 

edit: now to see more data on the same graph i'd like to display the same info for 2 ssd side by side. If i display the same query for the other ssd. Both will recover each other.

So i guess i have 2 options but don't know if it's possible.

- displaying info in the same way but with 2 bars for a day but one slightly shifted horizontally (i have no idea how to do that)

- displaying the same query for the 2 ssds but with transparency so you can see them both.

2020-10-23 09_36_33-Unraid System Dashboard - Grafana.png

Edited by caplam

You can use the right side panels to adjust the transparency and how the bars stack on each other. The lower number one should sit inside (fill the lower portion) of the larger one (just going off memory I know this works with line graphs...)

Edited by falconexe