[Plugins] iSCSI GUI and ISCSI Target

SimonF

16 minutes ago, Gobblerpl said:

How does ISCSI perform in terms of data security? If one of the disks in Unraid fails, will I be able to rebuild and remount the ISCSI image?

Like a normal disk, iSCSI is only meant to share a block device or a image over the network, data integrity and maybe redundancy is up to you and how you set it up.

Are you using a FileIO image on the Array?

I wouldn't recommend that, instead I would put two disks in the server, share them over iSCSI and create a Storage Pool within Windows, that is way more efficient and would also heavily increase write speeds.

You could also use ZFS if you really want too but I would not recommend using a FileIO image on the Array.

• 1 month later...

Hi There,

My Setup:

MacStudio with 10G ETH in 10Gigs switchports

Running DaemonTools as initiator

I've configured a nvme drive as block device. Mapped into a LUN but unfortunately for some reason, I cannot go over 50MB/s. The same nvme, exposed as a smb share, reaches 600MB/s of write speed in the same network.

Anyone with a similar problem and/or advices to debug this? It seems very very strange using a nvme and getting such low performance.

Thanks!

Ben

tower-diagnostics-20240425-2322.zip