How Many Servers Are You Running?

SpencerJ

How Many Servers Are You Running?  

821 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:10 AM, JorgeB said:

There are various reasons, one of them is like mentioned above that I like to re-utilize old disks after upgrading them, I find this more cost effective than just upgrading the existing server to even larger disks, also and although I work in IT it's kind of a hobby for me, and finally my small way of supporting LT.

As for what they are used, there are two main servers that are always on, with VMs and the data I need day to day, they also serve as partial backups of each other, then I have mostly cold archive servers, 5 in total and for each of those there's also another one that acts as a full backup, another server for backup of the array for one the the main servers, which doesn't need daily backups, currently also a couple of Chia farms and a couple of test servers which for now share the same key since only use one at a time.

I would hate to see your electric bill ;)

Just 1 for me, well 1 at trial stage while I test things to see if I take the plunge.

• 3 weeks later...

2 Unraid servers.  Brought the first one up three weeks ago and only recently acquired an Unraid OS Plus key.  The second one I am configuring now.  It will be very limited in scope, just used for offsite backup.   Could probably just get by with s bare linux box and some rsync commands, but think I will find reasons to grow its functionality as I get more familar with Unraid.

• 7 months later...

I'm currently running six unRAID servers. And I plan to setup two to three more. After I finish transferring data from my first three unRAID servers (only 2TB, 3TB, and 4TB drives), to my second three (Five 14TB drives in each). The first three still use the Reiser file system. So I want to move everything off of them. And then I will take the 20+ 4TB drives I have in the first three unRAID servers. And use those to setup four unRAID servers.

• 2 months later...