[Support] Goobaroo - Modded Minecraft Java Servers

Hey,

I updated docker to 0.2.14... and since then it has been checking the wrong version.

I can´t start the server... :(

Starting version check at https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json On the website there is the wrong Forge version that he is checking

[12:44:56] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [ne.mi.co.ForgeMod/FORGEMOD]: Forge mod loading, version 47.1.3, for MC 1.20.1 with MCP 20230612.114412
[12:44:56] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [ne.mi.co.MinecraftForge/FORGE]: MinecraftForge v47.1.3 Initialized
[12:44:56] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.VersionChecker/]: [forge] Starting version check at https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json
[12:44:56] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.VersionChecker/]: [forge] Found status: OUTDATED Current: 47.1.3 Target: 47.2.0

ATM9_0.2.14.txt

Edited by smashup1337

That is just an information message stating there is a newer version.  The release nodes for ATM9 0.2.14 states Forge Version is 47.1.3.  

The log you provided has no errors.

I was able to start this version of ATM9 on my server and join with the client.  

1 hour ago, smashup1337 said:

Hey,

I updated docker to 0.2.14... and since then it has been checking the wrong version.

I can´t start the server... :(

Starting version check at https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json On the website there is the wrong Forge version that he is checking

[12:44:56] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [ne.mi.co.ForgeMod/FORGEMOD]: Forge mod loading, version 47.1.3, for MC 1.20.1 with MCP 20230612.114412
[12:44:56] [modloading-worker-0/INFO] [ne.mi.co.MinecraftForge/FORGE]: MinecraftForge v47.1.3 Initialized
[12:44:56] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.VersionChecker/]: [forge] Starting version check at https://files.minecraftforge.net/net/minecraftforge/forge/promotions_slim.json
[12:44:56] [Forge Version Check/INFO] [ne.mi.fm.VersionChecker/]: [forge] Found status: OUTDATED Current: 47.1.3 Target: 47.2.0

ATM9_0.2.14.txt 12.52 kB · 0 downloads

• Like 1

Hey Goobaroo,

Just wanted to say thanks for the server configs for all these modpacks.

I was wondering if it was possible for you to change your launch.sh script to include a variable to define the version of the server. That way you don't always have to update the script when a new version comes out. Then we just pass the variable along with the docker launch.

Edited by madson007
8 hours ago, madson007 said:

Hey Goobaroo,

Just wanted to say thanks for the server configs for all these modpacks.

I was wondering if it was possible for you to change your launch.sh script to include a variable to define the version of the server. That way you don't always have to update the script when a new version comes out. Then we just pass the variable along with the docker launch.

There are a few issues with that approach.

Just having the version does not inform the URL to the server files that need to be downloaded to install.  An incorrect version, could further confuse an installation by not being able to get the files.  Not all versions have corresponding server releases, some are client side only.  

There are also sometimes fixes and changes to the launch.sh file that need to be fixed in order for the server to launch at all.

The Java version can potentially change between versions which is core to the docker container.  It's really a java version, that happens to install a java application being the Minecraft server.

Edit: I forgot the best one... Minecraft modpack development is not all equal.  Version numbers can be all over the place and hard to interpret.  Some pack publishers have semfor versions (v1.2.3) some just make up version numbers (v 2-40i).  It's kind of a hot mess.  Really, it would be nice if instead of shipping modded server files as installs the hosting sites distributed docker containers on their own.

Edited by Goobaroo

Hey I'm looking to help my server streamline the chunk generation with ATM8. I tried using /forge generate and have since learned that has(or had) memory leaks? Causes some severe sever lag. 

So I switched to chunky. Seems to be working, it generates the chunks and all, but it's god awful slow. Might be more of a docker question than anything. I've got it using 12gb of ram. Running on Two x5670s on an old Dell R510. This docker container doesn't even use 5% of the CPU available. I have it set in the Unraid options to utilize all but Core 0. 

What else might I change here?

Edit: Double checked, using 24gb of RAM. Server has 156gb total, so I've got plenty to space.

Edited by waggs15

@waggs15 If there is a memory leak with forge generate, it is only going to persist for as long as the container is up.  Pre-generating chunks can help when there is a lot of exploring going on with multiple players.  That initial generation of a chunk as a player explores can cause a lag spike.

All the Mods 8 is a pretty large pack, I think it has 332 mods?  

Java Minecraft is primarily affected by Single Threaded Performance.  There can also be a minor hit to performance for assigning too much memory, 12gb is probably fine.  The performance hit happens during garbage collection and having to process so much memory.

So first of all, thank you very much for all the Docker. I tried to create one myself because a few friends and I wanted to play the mode pack https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/roguelike-adventures-and-dungeons-2 but I noticed how difficult it was it is to create a Forge Server Docker. If you would like to create a Docker for the modpack, we would be very happy. 

@Goobaroo❤️

15 hours ago, Killersplace said:

hi

after update of ATM9 to 9-0.2.19 i get this error on startup

[main/ERROR] [minecraft/FlatLevelGeneratorSettings]: Unknown biome, defaulting to plains
[main/WARN] [minecraft/Main]: Failed to load datapacks, can't proceed with server load. You can either fix your datapacks or reset to vanilla with --safeMode

@Killersplace Does it start up?   That error shouldn't prevent startup, it is just a mod error that is then taking a default value.  So it should be fine.

2 hours ago, Carltonrp said:

@Goobaroo Love your work on these. 

Any chance we could get a config for https://feed-the-beast.com/modpacks/120-ftb-genesis ?

Thanks in advance!

@Carltonrp Sure, should be up in the morning.

@smashup1337 I can take a look when I get a free moment.  Curse packs are a bit more work than FTB packs.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Sorry this might be a real dumb question but I don't do a lot of minecraft servers - I'm doing my best for my daughter who loves it!

She wants to play Pixelmon so I've added your container, the server seems to only launch and run version 8.3.6 but she wants to play on a newer one "9.1.7". I can see it in the list of version tags - but how do I setup the server to run on this version, I've not seen where I can input a version etc. We tested it by matching the version of curseforge to 8.3.6 and it let us on so the server runs but we can a mod error if we try to connect with 9.1.7.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We found an issue when using the latest version of the Life in the Village 3 mod (using LitV3 version 1.13, the last before their 2.0 bump) and the server hard crashed each time someone placed a train. Here's the exception text for occasion 1:

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/simibubi/create/content/contraptions/components/structureMovement/train/capability/MinecartController
    at dev.murad.shipping.compatibility.create.CapabilityInjector.constructMinecartControllerCapability(CapabilityInjector.java:42) ~[littlelogistics-mc1.18.2-v1.2.6.jar%23156!/:1.2.6] {re:classloading}
    at dev.murad.shipping.entity.custom.train.wagon.SeaterCarEntity.initCompat(SeaterCarEntity.java:39) ~[littlelogistics-mc1.18.2-v1.2.6.jar%23156!/:1.2.6] {re:classloading}
    at dev.murad.shipping.entity.custom.train.wagon.SeaterCarEntity.<init>(SeaterCarEntity.java:34) ~[littlelogistics-mc1.18.2-v1.2.6.jar%23156!/:1.2.6] {re:classloading}
    at dev.murad.shipping.item.TrainCarItem.m_6225_(TrainCarItem.java:105) ~[littlelogistics-mc1.18.2-v1.2.6.jar%23156!/:1.2.6] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraftforge.common.ForgeHooks.onPlaceItemIntoWorld(ForgeHooks.java:628) ~[forge-1.18.2-40.2.9-universal.jar%23258!/:?] {re:mixin,re:classloading,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.world.item.ItemStack.m_41661_(ItemStack.java:222) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:fml:forge:itemstack,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,xf:fml:forge:itemstack,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:ItemStackMixin,pl:mixin:APP:tombstone.mixins.json:ItemStackMixin,pl:mixin:APP:placebo.mixins.json:ItemStackMixin,pl:mixin:APP:biomemakeover-common.mixins.json:enchantment.ItemStackMixin,pl:mixin:APP:itemfilters-common.mixins.json:ItemStackMixin,pl:mixin:APP:weaponleveling.mixin.json:MixinItemStack,pl:mixin:APP:quark.mixins.json:ItemStackMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.level.ServerPlayerGameMode.m_7179_(ServerPlayerGameMode.java:354) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:questsadditions.mixins.json:MixinPlayerInteractionManager,pl:mixin:APP:mixins.artifacts.json:item.diggingclaws.ServerPlayerGameModeMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.network.ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.m_6371_(ServerGamePacketListenerImpl.java:985) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:forgivingvoid.mixins.json:ServerGamePacketListenerImplAccessor,pl:mixin:APP:mixins.artifacts.json:item.umbrella.ServerGamePacketListenerImplMixin,pl:mixin:APP:expandability.mixins.json:swimming.server.ServerGamePacketListenerImplMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ServerboundUseItemOnPacket.m_5797_(ServerboundUseItemOnPacket.java:30) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.protocol.game.ServerboundUseItemOnPacket.m_5797_(ServerboundUseItemOnPacket.java:8) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.network.protocol.PacketUtils.m_131356_(PacketUtils.java:22) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.TickTask.run(TickTask.java:18) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:classloading,re:mixin}
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.m_6367_(BlockableEventLoop.java:157) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.m_6367_(ReentrantBlockableEventLoop.java:23) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,re:computing_frames,re:classloading}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_6367_(MinecraftServer.java:799) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:inject_resources.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:modernfix-common.mixins.json:perf.dedicated_reload_executor.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:balm.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:fastload.mixins.json:server.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_6367_(MinecraftServer.java:164) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:inject_resources.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:modernfix-common.mixins.json:perf.dedicated_reload_executor.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:balm.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:fastload.mixins.json:server.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.m_7245_(BlockableEventLoop.java:131) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_129961_(MinecraftServer.java:782) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:inject_resources.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:modernfix-common.mixins.json:perf.dedicated_reload_executor.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:balm.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:fastload.mixins.json:server.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_7245_(MinecraftServer.java:776) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:inject_resources.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:modernfix-common.mixins.json:perf.dedicated_reload_executor.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:balm.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:fastload.mixins.json:server.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.util.thread.BlockableEventLoop.m_18699_(BlockableEventLoop.java:116) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_130012_(MinecraftServer.java:761) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:inject_resources.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:modernfix-common.mixins.json:perf.dedicated_reload_executor.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:balm.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:fastload.mixins.json:server.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_130011_(MinecraftServer.java:689) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:inject_resources.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:modernfix-common.mixins.json:perf.dedicated_reload_executor.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:balm.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:fastload.mixins.json:server.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.m_177918_(MinecraftServer.java:261) ~[server-1.18.2-20220404.173914-srg.jar%23253!/:?] {re:mixin,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:computing_frames,pl:accesstransformer:B,re:classloading,pl:accesstransformer:B,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:kubejs-common.mixins.json:inject_resources.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:modernfix-common.mixins.json:perf.dedicated_reload_executor.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:balm.mixins.json:MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:APP:fastload.mixins.json:server.MinecraftServerMixin,pl:mixin:A}
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833) [?:?] {re:mixin}

and we confirmed that the same happened when we added a train (but the minecart that looks like the Steam engine was OK?) (exception stack trace is identical, save for being 15 minutes later due to having to restart the container).

I know maintaining a mod like this is likely similar to herding rowdy cats (especially since there is a TON of mods involved here), but not sure if anyone else had come across this. Otherwise, I think things have been rock solid. So thank you for providing the image!!