"SimpleFeatures" Plugin - Version 1.0.11

Hi All,

Yes, I'm waiting for the final version of unRAID before doing any further work on SimpleFeatures. There have been a lot of reports of SF bugs, a lot of which are not caused by SF. Of course, there are a lot of bugs introduced due to somewhat relaxed code revisions and checking from myself and the other contributor (who has disappeared, thanks...). I'm waiting to ensure unRAID development is stable before giving it a proper spank.

The next version will have a lot of code ripped out, simplified, and tested thoroughly. I'm in the middle of rebuilding the email notifications plugin - compiling postfix to replace ssmtp (no need to reroute emails through gmail, and complexities with ssl etc).

The current version of SimpleFeatures is working with the latest RC however, due to some changes in unRAID, some modifications to the GUI will not be shown.

Cheers

Andrew

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'm trying to get Simple features to display my cpu and mb temperatures on the labels right next to log and info.

I am able to see my temperatures on unmenu, i did manage to get my sensors recognized thanks to MROW here at the forums.  So i was wondering what else do i need to do for simple features to detect them.

Thanks.

I figured it out.

Thank you all.

I've asked it before, can i still run Sf version 1.0.5 (the FORMER version!!!) on the latest unraid rc16?

And what are the known issues at this moment with 1.0.11, regarding the latest unraid rc16?

Hi Jowi,

I haven't tested, nor will test, older versions of SF against the latest RCs. Current issues are viewable on the google code page, however below are a few examples.

• The main page doesn't draw the folder icons on the right.

• There is an 'unknown' cause bug, where if you leave the server main page open then you get slower parity sync speeds.

Otherwise, I'm happily using it and will continue to. I'm working on a replacement mail plugin right now.

Hi All,

Can I please get some testers for the new mail notification plugin? It uses a bare minimum postfix install, which should only require an email address to configure. You'll need to remove any old email plugins beforehand, including the current SimpleFeatures plugin. Due to the way this type of null client email server works, emails that come from it may go straight to your spam folder. It will require a one-time whitelist of that email via your webmail.

This script is meant to be the first rung in the email plugin ladder - SIMPLE. It should work for all, but if you need anything more complex then there are other options (unMenu and the old plugin). It uses Joe.L's email script, with permission from the boss  8)  Emails will be sent at the 47th minute of every hour.

Cheers

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86051512/simpleFeatures.email.notifications-1.1.0-noarch-1.plg

NOTE: In the Simple Features GUI it currently shows it is not running. This is incorrect. You can verify this by typing:

postfix status

echo "test" | mail [email protected]

How about creating / updating / incorporating the APC  plugin in with SF so at least we only have to update from one source and not wait for patchy updates when someone removes it from there dropbox?

No need to incorporate the plugin into SF, we just need someone to take the plugin over and maintain it...  I helped the guy write the gui for the current APC plugin, and all it really needs is a solid place to store the APC plugin.

Anyone?

How about creating / updating / incorporating the APC  plugin in with SF so at least we only have to update from one source and not wait for patchy updates when someone removes it from there dropbox?

No need to incorporate the plugin into SF, we just need someone to take the plugin over and maintain it...  I helped the guy write the gui for the current APC plugin, and all it really needs is a solid place to store the APC plugin.

Anyone?

Its missing functionality with APC units that work over Network Management Cards, e.g.  AP9619, AP9617

I worked this out a long ways back with JoeL's help (who else right  ;D), I know it's not the majority but having incompleteness is not good (what u dont use today u might want tomorrow). My two Smart-UPS 2200's use network management cards so its a must for me. It's been on the back burner for me until 5.0 Final (true Final).

ConEdison here in NYC has lowered the voltage on everyone in my neighborhood since yesturday, because they cant keep up with the demand (heat wave).

My UPS are making up the differences to my electronic... so far the units are all holding up...

So I get these alerts all day long now  :D :

APC_Network_Management_Card.jpg.b894c127db8691f1dbc7b16f512188fd.jpg

Anyone?

Its missing functionality with APC units that work over Network Management Cards, e.g.  AP9619, AP9617

I worked this out a long ways back with JoeL's help (who else right  ;D), I know it's not the majority but having incompleteness is not good (what u dont use today u might want tomorrow). My two Smart-UPS 2200's use network management cards so its a must for me. It's been on the back burner for me until 5.0 Final (true Final).

Was that just an updated APC package, or was there more to it?

@speeding_ant

Installing plex on my cache drive made my system refuse to sleep because of plex constant access even when no client is connected. So I decided to install a ssd outside the array to host plex. So far so good, but the system still didn't sleep, even when all array drives were spun down.

The reason was the simplefeatures s3_sleep script, which checks all drives not only those in the array. I had to modify it to make it work. The user is now able to ignore only selected drives, all but the selected drives, or all drives outside the array. Are you interested in this modified version? Please drop me a pm.

I also noticed a problem with the preclear feature. If there are drives outside the array they will show as preclearable drives. Normally this would be alright. If a drive is mounted however (like my plex app drive), it shouldn't be precleareable, IMO. This should propably be fixed, if the preclear feature isn't going to be removed anyway.

I think it would be much better for the development of simplefeatures, if you put the source up on github. Then more people could help you find and fix problems.

@speeding_ant

Installing plex on my cache drive made my system refuse to sleep because of plex constant access even when no client is connected. So I decided to install a ssd outside the array to host plex. So far so good, but the system still didn't sleep, even when all array drives were spun down.

The reason was the simplefeatures s3_sleep script, which checks all drives not only those in the array. I had to modify it to make it work. The user is now able to ignore only selected drives, all but the selected drives, or all drives outside the array. Are you interested in this modified version? Please drop me a pm.

I also noticed a problem with the preclear feature. If there are drives outside the array they will show as preclearable drives. Normally this would be alright. If a drive is mounted however (like my plex app drive), it shouldn't be precleareable, IMO. This should propably be fixed, if the preclear feature isn't going to be removed anyway.

I think it would be much better for the development of simplefeatures, if you put the source up on github. Then more people could help you find and fix problems.

I'll be moving to github with the next major release.

Cheers!

@speeding_ant

The reason was the simplefeatures s3_sleep script, which checks all drives not only those in the array. I had to modify it to make it work. The user is now able to ignore only selected drives, all but the selected drives, or all drives outside the array. Are you interested in this modified version?

Any chance you can share that change? I have a similar issue and do not have the Linux skills to modify the S3 script as you did.

@Speeding_ant I modified the original package (not sure if JoeL. actually made it or not), what I did not get around to doing was making it work based on selection (select /USB/Serial/NIC, etc...)

V5 plugin or unMenu?

Sorry for the late reply, the source I used was obtained from unMenu.

Any feedback from the email plugin testers?

Did NOT work.  This was in the log:

Jul 8 08:16:28 Rose postfix/postfix-script[6053]: the Postfix mail system is running: PID: 5806
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/pickup[5807]: A3C342A7A: uid=0 from=
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/cleanup[6178]: A3C342A7A: message-id=<20130708121718.A3C342A7A@Rose>
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/qmgr[5808]: A3C342A7A: from=, size=412, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/smtp[6181]: A3C342A7A: host hrndva-smtpin01.mail.rr.com[71.74.56.243] refused to talk to me: 554 5.7.1 - ERROR: Mail refused - <69.135.171.227> - See http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=69.135.171.227
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/smtp[6181]: A3C342A7A: to=, relay=hrndva-smtpin02.mail.rr.com[71.74.56.244]:25, delay=0.2, delays=0/0/0.19/0, dsn=4.7.1, status=deferred (host hrndva-smtpin02.mail.rr.com[71.74.56.244] refused to talk to me: 554 5.7.1 - ERROR: Mail refused - <69.135.171.227> - See http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=69.135.171.227)

Hope this helps... 

EIDT:  This version works---  simpleFeatures.email.notify-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

Any chance you can share that change? I have a similar issue and do not have the Linux skills to modify the S3 script as you did.

@kricker:

Here it is. Have fun. :) If there are any problems please report them to me, so I can fix them. Replace the original txz in  /boot/plugins/simpleFeatures/ with my modified one and reboot your server.

Hi there... apologies for just jumping in with a new topic but tried a new tread and got no response :( Trying to run Openphoto/Trovebox and I can get the page to load but there's a lot of graphic / layout issues and guessing is a missing dependency / module but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Anyone got any suggestions / places I could look??  Googled and read through everything I could think and nada :/

Any feedback from the email plugin testers?

Did NOT work.  This was in the log:

Jul 8 08:16:28 Rose postfix/postfix-script[6053]: the Postfix mail system is running: PID: 5806
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/pickup[5807]: A3C342A7A: uid=0 from=
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/cleanup[6178]: A3C342A7A: message-id=<20130708121718.A3C342A7A@Rose>
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/qmgr[5808]: A3C342A7A: from=, size=412, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/smtp[6181]: A3C342A7A: host hrndva-smtpin01.mail.rr.com[71.74.56.243] refused to talk to me: 554 5.7.1 - ERROR: Mail refused - <69.135.171.227> - See http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=69.135.171.227
Jul 8 08:17:18 Rose postfix/smtp[6181]: A3C342A7A: to=, relay=hrndva-smtpin02.mail.rr.com[71.74.56.244]:25, delay=0.2, delays=0/0/0.19/0, dsn=4.7.1, status=deferred (host hrndva-smtpin02.mail.rr.com[71.74.56.244] refused to talk to me: 554 5.7.1 - ERROR: Mail refused - <69.135.171.227> - See http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=69.135.171.227)

Hope this helps... 

EIDT:  This version works---  simpleFeatures.email.notify-1.0.10-noarch-1.plg

Hi Frank,

Thanks for that - I'll continue working on it then  :-)    I expected some mail servers to see the email as spam, not the first tester though.

Cheers

Hi there... apologies for just jumping in with a new topic but tried a new tread and got no response :( Trying to run Openphoto/Trovebox and I can get the page to load but there's a lot of graphic / layout issues and guessing is a missing dependency / module but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Anyone got any suggestions / places I could look??  Googled and read through everything I could think and nada :/

Ok, ill try a different tack! Is there a way I can add additional php modules to ensure all mentioned in the various openphoto install guides are enabled?!

• Squid locked this topic