Dynamix File Manager

On 5/29/2023 at 11:28 AM, Revan335 said:

I can't move to unlimited Directory Level.

For example /mnt/disk3/Backup_folder/Daten/user/Client move /mnt/disk1/Backup_folder/Daten/ ended there. I can't selected underlying directory level /user/ or /user/Client

Thanks, made a fix.

• Thanks 2

Drag&Drop Support?

For example /user/Backup/Folder1 and user/Backup/Folder2, move Folder2 per Drag&Drop in Folder1 and not the Way with many Clicks over the move Button.

Smart Move not working! By the move of the above Folders, the Data moved really with wait time. More Data more wait time.

Krusader move Function is very fast.

WARNING - CONFUSING & TOO EZ TO DELETE ENTIRE DISK, DELETED 28TB IN 5 SECONDS & 6 CLICKS

So I recently deleted 2 full 14TB drives, in error, using Dynamix File Manager.  In 5 seconds, with 6 clicks and before realizing what I was doing.  I didn't realize that the action affected the whole disk/pool, not only the specific folder that I clicked on.

I know, it's my fault and luckily I have a good backup strategy.  But I don't understand why the ability to delete the entire disk/pool is literally on every single line item of the file browser, with no explicit warning that you are deleting the entire disk/pool.
Even now knowing what it does, it's evne more frustrating how easy it is to delete your entire disk/pool, and that it is present on every single line item of the file manager.

Due to the high data loss potential, I don't understand why it's so prevalent.

Specifics:

So I was organizing some files and saw that the "location" column shows the disks the folder is living on. Cool!

image.thumb.png.ada75868645c4c3cbf49848daa988bdc.png

So I clicked on it and saw that you could "Delete" "Copy" and "Move".

image.png.f5b43577df93f7eafb90f0286cf65bb5.png

Awesome!  I thought.  I could use this to organize my files on the specific disks.  I could "Copy" the folder from one disk to another.  Or I could delete a folder from only one disk!

Nope, when you do this it deletes the ENTIRE disk and the ENTIRE Pool.

I don't get why someone would want to "Copy" the entire disk, while clicking on a specific folder.
It's very confusing

So learn from me!  Because I did this on two "folders", with 6 clicks, in 5 seconds, and then noticed 2 of my 14TB drives were completely empty.

3 hours ago, samsausages said:

Nope, when you do this it deletes the ENTIRE disk and the ENTIRE Pool.

The screenshot you posted above of the menu shows your selected action will take place on Workpool because you clicked on that disk in the location column.  It is unclear to me if Delete in this case means delete everything on Workpool or just delete the share/folders from Workpool.  I would hope it would be the latter but it appears it may have deleted everything on Workpool.

Clicking the Action button (+) performs the selected action on the highlighted folder/share; at least this is how I read it in the documentation.  I could be wrong as I have never attempted to do what you were trying to do.

image.thumb.png.0697ed4f8024131cc9ac8d2b0935ae92.png

The File Manager documentation can be downloaded from first post in this thread.

Edited by Hoopster
On 3/23/2023 at 3:41 PM, bonienl said:

Fixed in the latest version: permissions: xrwxrwxrw owner: nobody users

Sorry,  a regression error, fixed in the latest version.

Latest version is 2023.03.23f

Hi

first of all - huge thanks for the plugin - much apriciated!
running unRaid 6.11.5, DFM 2023.06.01 

a bit of a noob,, so have just learnt to watch out for permissions,, and using DFM makes it that much easier :)

My issue:  

used DFM to create:

- new share bck_staging and it got permissions nobody-drwxrwxrwx
- subfolder staging got same permissions
- and then the following sub-folders got theese permissions:
(one folder with nobody as owner and two with root as owner )

image.thumb.png.49ea038772753bae137f9d148ff603b0.png

so it is super easy for me to change the permissions in DFM, but is this a bug or a feature?
If it's a feature and supposed to be like this - can you please give me some pointers to why?

- with my current knowledge I'd like to change owner to nobody on all files/folder in this share,,, but i have to ask to get better knowledge ;)

Edited by ArveVM
16 hours ago, bonienl said:

This will delete the folder "Movies" from "disk1"

Not sure how I ended up with two empty disks then, specifically the two disks I ran this action on.  Affected all shares on those disks.
I guess I'll try to recreate it, but don't have time to set that up in a way I won't lose more data right now.

Edited by samsausages
  • Like 1

So I did a little test.  I didn't test delete because I need to setup some empty disks and don't have time for that right now.

But I figure Move would have a similar result and I'm experiencing similar confusing behavior, at the share level.
Meaning that when I'm in any folder inside of a share, and I click on a disk in the "location" column, it doesn't just affect the folder/file that I'm clicking on, it affects the entire share on that disk.

That is confusing to me and puts the ability to move/delete the entire share on each and every line item of the file browser, more prevalent than the actual action that applies to the folder, since that action is hidden behind a context menu.

So I guess it works as expected, but I do find it quite confusing.

I think I cleared my disk because I wrongly assumed the "location" action applies to the line item that I'm clicking on, not seeing that there is a hidden context menu that expands, that actually applies to just that line item.

On 5/30/2023 at 2:58 PM, 情殇逝去 said:

更新6.12RC后无法打开共享文件夹,可以反馈下么?

无法打开共享文件夹2.jpg

无法打开共享文件夹.jpg

跟我一样,查了一下是PHP报错,应该是中文翻译的问题,卸载原来的中文语言包和dynamix file manager,再重装file manager,语言包就好了 

A search function with delete .... Option.

The Search Result is cutting with ... in the Path/filename and shows not the full Path/filename.

I can search with *timeshift* but I can't delete this Results.

I must the knowledge of the RegEx for example *name* or /folder* .... and have know hints/helper for this.

Could we add a simple compress & extract to the menu?

Use case - manually extracting appdata backup files which are .tar or .gzip

I'm used to using this file browser for my web hosting - https://filebrowser.org/

May try adding it as a docker.

rename - copy - move file - permissions - archive - extract - delete - switch view - download - upload - calculate directory sizes - info - select multiple

547836365_Screenshot2023-06-17at15_41_23.thumb.png.72a8edaa1879c40b4ab82049fe70eac1.png

Edited by dopeytree

DFM will continue to load in Chinese mode, but it will return to normal when switching to English mode,this is a bug,please fix,thanks.

english mode

1687066317824.png.024ba79bfbcdbd567ab64be31c9c4fe0.png

chinese mode

095059fd5bc1cec96b6f5a01e6bd36f.thumb.png.54a4555537c56676ddffc682c7980290.png

Edited by Misyo
OS version:6.12.0 Plugins version:2023.06.01
  • Upvote 1

This is odd, I created the dataset "users" and later "user_files" through UI (just like all others), they're recognized by zfs but when I try copying anything to them they don't show up... And if I manually add the folder name after /nasa/ DFM gives an "invalid target" error.

I already tried creating these datasets with commands, restarted the server, updated to stable 6.12 and yet this bug persists.

image.thumb.png.1c0bb02337b8fe60e63e8e4feff5969d.png

Hello, New user to unraid(6.11.5) and DFM(2023.06.01). My old Drobo(NAS) finally kicked the bucket and I am migrating over to a new Unraid box.

I am currently restoring my data and made a mistake I think DFM can help me rectify. I am currently importing my shows and accidentally placed some one level to  high  up in my directory structure.  I'd like to rename/move them up one level on the same SHARE.

file path I should be in

/SHARE/TV/SHOW/Season/episode ...

But I accidentally put some at

/SHARE/SHOW/Season/episode ...

I had hoped to just rename the SHOW folder to TV/SHOW and not have to actually physically MOVE all the contained files(and their data) to do this. The MOVE function appears to work ( all files and folder in new location although old folder left in original location, but now empty) but trying to rename the SHOW folder gives me an error message(Invalid Target). Screenshots below

Have I missed something or can the RENAME option only process folders where the number of levels stays the same? Doing the renames one SHOW folder at a time is fine since it will still be much quicker than actually copying all that data.

Thanks for the DFM (and your other Dynamix tools)

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 10.32.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-19 at 10.32.36 AM.png

DFM is totally borked for me under 6.12. Anything I do hangs up DFM- if I try to refresh the webgui takes a while to reload- sometimes the action (ie- rename) is completed, other times not. 

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling DFM, but it didn’t help.

Anyone else experiencing this?