Dynamix File Manager

19 hours ago, trurl said:

Nothing can move open files. Disable Docker and VM Manager in Settings first.

That I did beforehand thanks!

Sidenote: This method of getting cache contents onto the array was significantly faster than what Mover was going to take time wise. Lots of small files in app data I guess slows Mover down to a point where it would take days. I suppose mover is safest way to do this but using this plugins MOVE feature can work too if you're careful, and be 10X faster

Edited by Rollingsound514

Not sure if it is a bug, "cancel' does not stop files from moving. the file are still being moved in the background. I can see rsync is still in action in the terminal, and the drives are still be written on and read from, but the file manager progress window is gone.

Edited by CapserNie

I have a mount to a SMB share and am copying files.

The only problem is the window showing the status of the copy has vanished, its not now visible and the link at the bottom of the page has gone also.
I can see that files are still copying if I look at disk activity or go look at the actual share on the array.

How can I get the status window back, without it if I needed to cancel the copy I dont see how ?

I found another major issue with this. When nothing was showing as the progress window had vanished, I could see my disks were still getting thrashed.

When I looked at the process monitor, it had about 9 copies of (I think it was rsync) running or in a suspended state.

I could not shutdown the array as it said it was blocked, in the end I had to go kill the processes one by one to allow me to reset the array and get it back up to speed.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:47 AM, MartynK said:

I have a mount to a SMB share and am copying files.

The only problem is the window showing the status of the copy has vanished, its not now visible and the link at the bottom of the page has gone also.
I can see that files are still copying if I look at disk activity or go look at the actual share on the array.

How can I get the status window back, without it if I needed to cancel the copy I dont see how ?

On mine sometimes there is a delay but it moves to the bottom of the main GUI. I you then click on it, it re-opens the main GUI.

One thing I would LOVE to see is the size of a file transfer during transfer so 300GB left of 500GB.

It would much more useful than % progress bar & or time left which is often not that accurate.

• 2 weeks later...