[Plugin] CA Appdata Backup / Restore v2.5

KluthR

Good Morning, 

I keep noticing that the backup.log world readable permission is not set.  My backup that runs cannot access it until i manually go in and set the permissions.  The backup file itself is set fine.

backup.log  root.  -rw-r-----  3.35 KB.

CA_backup.tar.gz root -rwxrwxrwx 5.02 GB

Any way this can this be fixed? :)

Thanks!

Jonathan

Hello and thanks for the great plugin!

I was wondering if there's a way to adjust the docker images start order after backup? My HA+MQTT+Z2M doesn't like the alphabetical way and just wondering if there's a way to adjust it. Thanks :)

And the answer is
"
The new appdata.backup lets you decide the start/stop order. I observed the same issue with ca.backup2 but I dont fix anything non-critical anymore."

Edited by OzmaFIN
found the answer
  • Upvote 1

Hi

Thanks for making this plugin.

I am using unraid 6.1.1.5 and CA Backup / Restore Appdata 2023.03.28c

I have the myservers plugin enabled and have used that to backup to flash drive, but I thought it might be good to also use the plugin to do incremental backups of the flash drive.

Is there a way to use this plugin to do incremental backups of the flash drive?

It looks like it just supports a one off backup rather than multiple rsync incremental backups.

Thanks

Mike

Is there any chance we could get an auto retention policy built in? (like an option to keep the last 3 newest backups and auto purge anything older?) currently I just do it manually, would be nice to automate as well if possible.

If this is already implemented in the new one, then apologies, I haven't toyed with it much yet.

With the new version I'm getting this error while backing up:

[24.06.2023 04:30:16][traefik][info] Backup created without issues
[24.06.2023 04:30:16][traefik][warning] Skipping verification for this container because its not wanted!
[24.06.2023 04:30:16][traefik][info] Starting traefik... (try #1)
[24.06.2023 04:30:18][Main][warning] An error occurred during backup! RETENTION WILL NOT BE CHECKED! Please review the log. If you need further assistance, ask in the support forum.
[24.06.2023 04:30:18][Main][debug] Not executing script: Not set!
[24.06.2023 04:30:18][Main][info] DONE! Thanks for using this plugin and have a safe day ;)
[24.06.2023 04:30:18][Main][info] ❤️

This is from the log file (backup.debug.log), can't really check another. Folders are created like this: ab_20230624_042307-failed, notice the failed

I just installed the plugin `Appdata Backup` on my Unraid 6.12.1 and tried to set it up. When i hit the save button, a blank page is displayed for me and in the unraid logs it says `root: error: /Apps/Settings/AB.Main: missing csrf_token` is there a way to fix this?

Hello community, 

Reaching out as I had a question regarding the proper process to change over to the new plugin. I have been meaning to push up my global server version from 6.11.1 to the current stable branch 6.12.1

As I usually run the update assistant before pushing the server up to the latest branch, I have one 'plugin error' pertaining to 'ca.backup2.plg'

Checking for plugin compatibility
Issue Found: ca.backup2.plg is deprecated for ALL unRaid versions. This does not necessarily mean you will have any issues with the plugin, but there are no guarantees. It is recommended to uninstall the plugin

Before I proceed, I was curious if it is best to remove this plugin as a whole, then push up to 6.12.1, and install the new plugin.
or
Push up to the latest server version, then remove this old plugin, and install the newer one?

Also, changing over to the newer plugin, will I have to reconfigure the settings or can I pull a backup from 'ca.backup2.plg' to import them into the newer plugin.

I appreciate any feedback regarding this, and thank you all in advance :-)

On 6/9/2023 at 11:09 PM, kiwijunglist said:

Is there a way to use this plugin to do incremental backups of the flash drive?

No, because its done the unraid way. And this does not allow such things.

On 6/24/2023 at 5:44 PM, Akurosia said:

When i hit the save button, a blank page is displayed for me

Still the case? This csrf token thing is an automatic thing and I never had any issues while developing. This is the first case any user has issues with it.

On 6/24/2023 at 6:08 PM, bombz said:

Before I proceed, I was curious if it is best to remove this plugin as a whole,

No, just leave it here. It let you open the settings for migration but does not run.

Leave the old plugin there, update, install the new. You will find a small migration feature inside the NEW plugin.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:35 PM, KluthR said:

Still the case? This csrf token thing is an automatic thing and I never had any issues while developing. This is the first case any user has issues with it.

Its still there, even after reinstalling the plugin and choosing a different backup location (local, external HDD, remote NAS connection through unassigned devices plugin) all result in the error message and a white screen when clicking the save button

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2023 at 8:35 AM, KluthR said:

No, because its done the unraid way. And this does not allow such things.

No, just leave it here. It let you open the settings for migration but does not run.

Leave the old plugin there, update, install the new. You will find a small migration feature inside the NEW plugin.

Hello, 
I have pushed up to the latest OS.
Quick question, when I attempt to search apps, I am able to find the latest backup and restore app. However, it states to update (from the actions menu) rather than install a new instance. 

If I proceed will it overwrite my current instance and migrate the settings? Based on what you stated, I was understanding it as a new instance would be installed, and then migrate from the old to the new?

ca001.PNG

ca002.PNG

ca003.PNG

Edited by bombz
21 hours ago, KluthR said:

You have to update 2.5 and install appdata.backup to migrate within the new plugin.

I attempted to update to 2.5 using the action menu

Output

plugin: updating: ca.backup2.plg Executing hook script: pre_plugin_checks 

Skipping package ca.backup2-2022.12.13-x86_64-1 (already installed)  ca.backup2 has been installed.

Copyright 2015-2020, Andrew Zawadzki

Version: 2022.12.13 

plugin: ca.backup2.plg updated

Executing hook script: post_plugin_checks

Updating support link

I see this as well, but I am confused with the process I suppose

image.png.2c0f46e52a4374f90275fb63d58ab5e9.png

Thoughts?