[Plugin] FolderView

2 minutes ago, Linguafoeda said:

thank you @Mattaton and @scolcipitato. Any idea / guide on how to use custom CSS to replicate the dashboard as shown below vs. the stock version? This is an incredible add-on, thank you for updating it for 6.12. I just need to figure out how to get my custom icons back as well as changing the CSS of the dashboard and i'm a happy camper :)

image.png.2e28d0db9537a5358aadd98a42ecfd05.png

I have made a "guide" here.

1 hour ago, sonic6 said:

@scolcipitato
is there a way to see the correct startup order for the docker container?

if i remember right it is the position, but without the folders?

How can i set up my wished startup order?

Check this comment and the next 6 after it. Talked about this exact thing. 🙂 In short, yes, it's the order of the containers without the folders as long as you moved at least one thing after the last folder was created.

• Thanks 1

Great job on this @scolcipitato I  was able to get the "custom icons" I  wanted by basically copying the url of the icon on the docker page, but maybe there is a way to make it easier, can you scrape the urls from the current dockers and present them in the field when you click in it?

apart from that again great work and nice to finally have foldered dockers on the dashboard 

20 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

thank you @Mattaton and @scolcipitato. Any idea / guide on how to use custom CSS to replicate the dashboard as shown below vs. the stock version? This is an incredible add-on, thank you for updating it for 6.12. I just need to figure out how to get my custom icons back as well as changing the CSS of the dashboard and i'm a happy camper :)

Hi,

I gave a try to make the Docker Folders behave like the above screen…. Did not have much luck… @scolcipitato I think there needs to be some code to separate Folders from Dockers. I assume the challenge is how to put folders together continuously, when the docker lists are closed, and separate them when some/all Folders are expanded (like image above..

I would keep trying but my server is in bad shape. I had three drives fail within days. One of them being a parity… two of the drives well within warranty. I fear data loss of about 20TB…. ; ( 

Shameless attempt to get more eyes on my issue (please don’t respond here. I don’t want to hijack this thread):

21 hours ago, Linguafoeda said:

I managed to get something, not the exactly what you have, but it's something.

immagine.png.52d4d1b6e37307a0823b3a6fb24236fb.png

.folder-docker:has([expanded="true"]) {
  display: block;
  width: 100%;
}

Note that this work only of chrome, in Firefox you have to enable an option to even get the :has pseudo-class, but still, it won't work, it won't update when you expand the folders.

2 hours ago, scolcipitato said:

I managed to get something, not the exactly what you have, but it's something.

.folder-docker:has([expanded="true"]) {
  display: block;
  width: 100%;
}

Can a wrapper element be added around the children container elements?

Knowing nothing about how this plugin was assembled, how much control do you have over the elements that are generated here?

If you can put a wrapper around each folder and its container children, and then a wrapper around just the children, we'd have a lot more to play with using CSS.

The display: block you're adding to the .folder-docker element is pushing the children down to the next row but not really grouping them. If all the folders weren't all expanded, the next folder element would be right inline with the previous container element.

This wouldn't be too difficult if you have any control over the html elements spit out in this area.

9 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

Can a wrapper element be added around the children container elements?

I can do that, but then the problem would be the reverse, would end up with something like this.

immagine.png.8e2ba783e3397579ad2accf3e689b92c.png

Even when a folder is collapsed, if you are fine with this you can do it even now with a minor modification to the CSS I have made before.

44 minutes ago, Goldmaster said:

im trying to import my json file into folder view and seams to fail, i just get 3 undefined folders and thats it?

If the file you are trying to import is the file from this plugin, I need the debug log and just to be sure the screenshot of the browser console after just after the import, but if the file that you are trying to import is from the old plugin, then you can't do that automatically and I suggest you to go and read a couple of pages back.

I must not be understanding how the editing of the CSS works.

I am in the FolderView settings, I created a CSS file and imported it with the Import Dashboard button, but it wasn't having any affect on the dashboard. So I exported dashboard, and it's blank. Which leads me to think the CSS I imported wasn't actually imported.

What am I doing wrong? 😄 

NEVERMIND...I just did it via the file manager and directly edited the dashboard-custom.css.

Edited by Mattaton
54 minutes ago, BeersTeddy said:

Will it be possible to add option to hide container status "started" "stopped" but to leave green triangle/red square as indicator?

Something like custom css can achieve

image.png.fbff6e0a8dc39c41b9557a73dc40bd4e.png

I added this to the custom CSS and it hid the "Started" "Stopped" for the dockers.

#docker_view .folder-element-docker .state {
  display: none;
}

Screenshot 2023-09-10 140857.png

Edited by Mattaton
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, scolcipitato said:

I can do that, but then the problem would be the reverse, would end up with something like this.

immagine.png.8e2ba783e3397579ad2accf3e689b92c.png

Even when a folder is collapsed, if you are fine with this you can do it even now with a minor modification to the CSS I have made before.

Outer wrapper wouldn't be a block element. So it wouldn't clear the elements beside it. It'd just be something used to group the folder element with its container children.

The wrapper around the children would be display:none and then display:block when expanded. Which would allow it to look more like @Linguafoeda showed.

wrappers.png

10 minutes ago, Mattaton said:

Outer wrapper wouldn't be a block element. So it wouldn't clear the elements beside it. It'd just be something used to group the folder element with its container children.

The wrapper around the children would be display:none and then display:block when expanded. Which would allow it to look more like @Linguafoeda showed.

wrappers.png

This can work, I'll see if this won't mean major code changes and if not implement it.

For now, I'm focusing on the context menu for the docker tab.

• Like 2

Am I nuts, or am I doing something wrong? I have Docker Folder installed on my server, and FCP's update assistant is telling me to install Folder View instead before updating Unraid. But I can't find Folder View plugin in the CA Appstore. Do I have to uninstall docker folder before folder view appears? Am I doing something else wrong? 

Thanks

8 hours ago, Dovy6 said:

Am I nuts, or am I doing something wrong? I have Docker Folder installed on my server, and FCP's update assistant is telling me to install Folder View instead before updating Unraid. But I can't find Folder View plugin in the CA Appstore. Do I have to uninstall docker folder before folder view appears? Am I doing something else wrong? 

Thanks

That's how I found out about Folder View, when moving from 6.11 to 6.12 I got a message that Docker Folders is no longer under development and it suggested Folder View. Luckily, we have @scolcipitato to help us out with our need for organization. 🙂

Depending on how complex your folder setup is, it's not bad redoing it for Folder View. 

Have just installed and setup, everything went perfectly with one exception that is probably more likely to be user error rather than a fault of the plug-in.

Found how to sort dockers within a folder, but just can't sort / re-order the folders based on my personal preference. The order just looks like the latest folder I created being on the top of the folder list. 

Any help would be appreciated.