[Support] - Unifi-Controller: Unifi. Unraid. Reborn.

16 minutes ago, ssjucrono said:

I am using the official PMS Docker?

Here is the Unifi Reborn error 

2023-11-16 20_09_42-RAID_UpdateContainer - Thorium.png

I agree this appears like something is already using this port but if what you are saying is accurate and nothing is because everything else is stopped then its an issue one layer up with unraid itself and not something I can address. I cant say why unraid would claim the ports in use if that is in fact untrue. 

Edited by PeteAsking

yes you are right it is not Plex. It is something else using port 1900 but I have no idea what or how to figure it out 

Found this command and figured out it was my docker container airconnect once I turned that off it worked. and again ports are not listed in that docker template 

image.thumb.png.8ec77bd1e7e24c3e90a2bf05b6f66c9e.png

Edited by ssjucrono

hmm I also did the restore and it seemed to work. Maybe I need to start over again. 

yeah deleted everything and the appdata folder and restored from backup and still just spinning adopting 

image.thumb.png.edb897f5c8cc052fd5ad99bbaf8e5280.png

does it matter it has a docker IP in the GUI?

image.png.6a0d9eee3b8674536abf097396f3f582.png

Edited by ssjucrono
more info
39 minutes ago, ssjucrono said:

hmm I also did the restore and it seemed to work. Maybe I need to start over again. 

yeah deleted everything and the appdata folder and restored from backup and still just spinning adopting 

image.thumb.png.edb897f5c8cc052fd5ad99bbaf8e5280.png

does it matter it has a docker IP in the GUI?

image.png.6a0d9eee3b8674536abf097396f3f582.png

You should configure the container to use the same IP as before or they wont adopt I dont believe, or you might have to unplug them and reboot them. Its a unifi thing.

Just to report in - worked for me... I had my networking on the old container set to br0 and a fixed IP - it wouldn't adopt in the new world until I made that match (might want to mention that in the instructions) - otherwise, seems straightforward.

Thanks for doing this - didn't really want to run two containers 🙂

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ssjucrono said:

I have not done the set inform. I will try that. 

I did the set inform host but when I use custom:bro it shows up like this and I cannot access the webui

Screenshot_20231118-085234.png

Something is wrong with your docker networking because that is not normal. 

did you actually type in an ip address? Because that setup wont work and is above the container so its something you must fix in unraid. 

Edited by PeteAsking
44 minutes ago, Jclendineng said:

I see 3 unifi controllers in the App Store, the official one that's being discontinued, a new one using a new DB, and this one, what's the difference in this one? What's different here vs official? Thanks!

The old LSIO Unifi Controller docker is being deprecated and replaced by the Unifi Network App docker which requires a separate instance of MariaDB for the database. This docker is another Unifi Controller docker which will avoid the need for two dockers.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, wgstarks said:

The old LSIO Unifi Controller docker is being deprecated and replaced by the Unifi Network App docker which requires a separate instance of MariaDB for the database. This docker is another Unifi Controller docker which will avoid the need for two dockers.

Thank you! Yea that makes sense, why spin up a mongo instance just for this. Thank you for the explanation, that’s helpful. 

On 11/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, PeteAsking said:

Something is wrong with your docker networking because that is not normal. 

did you actually type in an ip address? Because that setup wont work and is above the container so its something you must fix in unraid. 

I agree something might be wrong with my network setup on unraid but not sure where to even start looking. 

I did type an IP in the template 

Also My old unifi controller works fine still so that seems confusing 

image.thumb.png.7ddb21a8f7abcdea3bd5fe6e9fa7cf4a.png

26 minutes ago, ssjucrono said:

I agree something might be wrong with my network setup on unraid but not sure where to even start looking. 

I did type an IP in the template 

Also My old unifi controller works fine still so that seems confusing 

image.thumb.png.7ddb21a8f7abcdea3bd5fe6e9fa7cf4a.png

I tested this and was able to get brx networks to work. For some reason the docker displays no IPs like you saw on your screenshot from Saturday 18th/11 - however you can connect to the web interface no problem and so long as an inform URL is set with the correct IP then it works. I dont see any issue my side with this setup.

100% you should get the web login when using brx networking, this is tested and working for me so please troubleshoot why that did not work for you (must be something your side).

P

Edited by PeteAsking
9 minutes ago, PeteAsking said:

I tested this and was able to get brx networks to work. For some reason the docker displays no IPs like you saw on your screenshot from Saturday 18th/11 - however you can connect to the web interface no problem and so long as an inform URL is set with the correct IP then it works. I dont see any issue my side with this setup.

P

Ok that worked! when i click webui it shows  blocked? but when I type it in manually it works! thank you

very odd

image.png.784adb86bc9db3ca29110b69a3fa95e1.png

• Like 1