APCUPSD 3.14.10 Plugin for unRAID 5b11+

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ken,

I downloaded your tar file from the pogo drive. It appears to be corrupt (also only 0.7KB).

Can anybody else who have installed this in the past share the actual file with us? It should be on your flash drive in the "packages" folder. Through console or telnet it would be in /boot/packages/

That is where the plugin downloads it to.

If someone shares it, all we have to do is put it in our packages folder and it should work even with the broken url. Because it only attempts to download it if it cannot find the file in the packages folder (or if the checksum does not match)

Thanks

I had a copy of 3.14.10 up until the other day when I deleted it as I reverted to 3.14.3 after seeing SeeDrs had mentioned the later version was known to stop polling the UPS. 

Seems like it's tricky to find a version of 3.14.10 in package form.  Even pkgs.org has a broken link to a version.  So for now I've compiled it from source.  I don't think SeeDrs does anything to the package as such.  All his work is done from within the plugin code.

So if it helps, here's a few links;

SeeDrs 3.14.3 plugin (which uses the earlier version but has valid source URLs) - Apcupsd-3.14.3-i486-3dl.plg

SeeDrs 3.14.10 plugin file (which I've simply modified quickly to point to my newly compiled copy of 3.14.10 package.  Made NO other changes to his work) - Apcupsd-3.14.10-i468-2atv.plg

apcupsd 3.14.10 package - newly compiled version of the package which you can drop into /packages on flash disk - apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-1_atv.tgz

Regards,

overbyrn

FYI, I compiled the 3.14.10 package to enable all communication methods including USB.  I've not tested the package other than to install to a DEV unraid machine.  But this machine doesn't have a UPS attached and I'm reluctant to work on my production Unraid box.  I'm hoping someone can still post a copy of the original 3.14.10 package but that this will do in the meantime.

I want to thank overbyrn for his files. I was able to install the plugin, but with some difficulty that I will explain here.

Liine 30 of the plg file refers to a file named powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz in the directory /boot/packages.  The URL given on line 31 is http://unraid-powercontrol.googlecode.com/files/powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz.

I gather that the URL is used to get the file if it is not already installed. The problem is that on my unraid system, that URL gave an error message. When I copied the URL to a Safari web browser. I was able to download the file, but it was named with a different file extension -- tar instead of tgz.

I changed the file extension to tgz and dropped the file in /boot/packages and rebooted. Now the plugin loads and looks normal on the SimpleFeatures Setting tab.

I'm not sure that changing the extension to tgz from tar won't cause other problems. It may be that it would be better to change line 30 of plg to look for the tar file instead of the tgz file since a tar file is what would be downloaded from Googlecode if the URL worked from the unraid box.

Hope this helps others who have been struggling with installing this plugin along with me.

Ken

The file on the server is indeed a tgz file

The tgz contains a tar inside it. I am assuming safari automatically decompresses the tgz and saves the tar

When I try the url in chrome, it downloads the tgz successfully

There must be another reason why unraid was unable to download at the time.

I would try a reboot or a re-install because the url seems to work just fine at least for me

Or you can use a different browser that (hopefully) saves the original tgz and copy it to the packages folder just to play it safe

Just installed this plugin and im using simplefeatures and it will not see my ups.  Still says daemon stopped and ups offline.

Anything special I need to do?  Ups is APC SMX2200 RML V2U

I rebooted unraid and my ups. 

Im using files that overbyrn posted for 3.14.10

I want to thank overbyrn for his files. I was able to install the plugin, but with some difficulty that I will explain here.

Liine 30 of the plg file refers to a file named powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz in the directory /boot/packages.  The URL given on line 31 is http://unraid-powercontrol.googlecode.com/files/powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz.

I gather that the URL is used to get the file if it is not already installed. The problem is that on my unraid system, that URL gave an error message. When I copied the URL to a Safari web browser. I was able to download the file, but it was named with a different file extension -- tar instead of tgz.

I changed the file extension to tgz and dropped the file in /boot/packages and rebooted. Now the plugin loads and looks normal on the SimpleFeatures Setting tab.

Checked the plugin; it seems to correctly download the powerdown package from the URL on line 31.  If installed via the usual "installplg" command, it essentially does;

wget -nv -O /boot/packages/powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz http://unraid-powercontrol.googlecode.com/files/powerdown-1.02-noarch-unRAID.tgz

which downloads the file sucessfully with the .tgz file extension. 

I still have all the original 3.14.10 files that I retrieved from the dropbox-urls when I first installed apcupsd. I'm not sure if that is what you people are asking for, but if so, I uploaded them to my own webspace, where they won't be deleted for a while. :)http://www.burngaming.net/unraid.apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-2atv.rar

Cheers!

Sq

Thanks for this, much appreciated. Managed to delete mine whilst "experimenting"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well I don't understand whats going on. With the array running I disabled the plugin and then re-enabled the plugin and everything showed up correctly, this time I had show full stats off ( I don't think it really matters...). So while everything was displaying correctly I enabled show full stats and the stats showed up right away (didn't hit apply). Thinking they wouldn't take without hitting apply, I hit apply and bam, ups:unknown. Disable the plugin, re-enabled the plugin (with show full stats on) and everything came up and is displaying fine.

So the chain of events seems to be this. Boot unraid, look at apc plugin stats before starting array and everything is correct. Start array and I get ups:unknown. Disable plugin (hit apply). Enable plugin (hit apply) and it looks to be working correctly.  :o

I'm confused... I'm planning out my upgrade to v5, but I'm not sure I understand what I'm going to have to do with this plugin.  It sounds like the plugin script off the Plugins page doesn't work, hence the several people asking for download links.  I found a link that I think gives me everything I need, but I'm not sure how to install it.  Do I just place unraid.apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-2atv.rar and unraid.apcupsd-3.14.10-i486-2atv.rar in the /boot/packages/ folder and then execute the plugin install script?

Also, I'm concerned about the overbyrn's post saying there's some problem with UPS polling in version 3.14.3.  Is anyone working on an updated version? How concerned should I be about that bug?

When I installed this plugin I just grabbed the plugin file and the package and put both on my flash drive. Worked great on both of my servers.

Just to be extra clear, where did you put the plugin file and package?

And do you know anything about the bug overbyrn was talking about?