Array Won't Stop of Shutdown

Follow these instructions very carefully. If something doesn't seem to work as described, or if you have other questions, ask.

1. Tools - New Config - Keep all assignments.
  2. Before starting the array, make any needed assignment changes. In your situation, leave all assignments alone except for reassigning parity to the original 20TB.
  3. Before starting the array, check both the Parity Valid and Maintenance Mode boxes.
  4. Start the array. Stop the array. Unassign disk1. Start the array. This will disable and emulate disk1 again.

Then post new Diagnostics so we can see if disk1 emulation is working, and decide how to proceed from there.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies, as I mentioned I am a noob to this and never had an issue in the past.  I have not had to troubleshoot this type of situation.  I just want to get my array resolved.  I am not trolling

I created a new config with disk 1 and disk 6 assigned.

Now it is showing all existing data will be overwritten.  Is this correct before I proceed?

I ran it in maintenance mode with parity valid checked.

I started the array and disk 1 is still not mountable.

2024-09-0814_25_04-USS-ENTERPRISE_Main.png.e2c7b564e6f6d88097af580595c73dbc.png

2024-09-0813_06_22-USS-ENTERPRISE_Main.png.022ccfe2f88406e109beef79aa0e6847.png

2024-09-08 13_06_22-USS-ENTERPRISE_Main.png

uss-enterprise-diagnostics-20240908-1555.zip 

Why is my system in paused mode?

2024-09-08 16_09_34-USS-ENTERPRISE_Main.png

uss-enterprise-diagnostics-20240908-1611.zip

Edited by Scuba_Steve
On 8/30/2024 at 2:01 PM, trurl said:
  1. Tools - New Config - Keep all assignments.
  2. Before starting the array, make any needed assignment changes. In your situation, leave all assignments alone except for reassigning parity to the original 20TB.
  3. Before starting the array, check both the Parity Valid and Maintenance Mode boxes.
  4. Start the array. Stop the array. Unassign disk1. Start the array. This will disable and emulate disk1 again.

Then post new Diagnostics so we can see if disk1 emulation is working, and decide how to proceed from there.