Influencers Plug-ins-[UNPLUGGED] Support & Download-Sab, CP, Sickbeard, + more!!

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Works fine(ish) with torrents as there is no option to post process and keep original files for seeding. But this requirement depends on where you get your torrents from.

One other question - is there a bittorrent plugin that I need to install to make CP work on my unraid or is that included with this plugin?  I as because when i installed CP on my mac, I had to install uTorrent as well.  But i didnt see any bittorrent plugin on the unraid plugins page.

You will need a torrent client. Can either use transmission or utorrent. Both plugins can be found on these forums. Installing them is the same way.

Transmission is more accepted on private sites as utorrent server is still an alpha build, but utorrent is more user friendly with its settings. You may need to edit the config file if using transmission.

Ok I'm really sorry but is there some documentation on how to use transmission?  You said before that the info on how to install the plugin is in the link.  sorry I dont know what you mean by that.  which link?  s there some info somewhere on how to insall and use transmission for unraid that I am missing?  the link from the plugins page points to this thread.  and the outside link from the plugins page goes to the main transmission website which doesn't give unraid specific info.

I'm sure I am missing something.  Dont mean to be a pain - can you please clarify?

i'm finally back on my home computer, so can give you a better explanation.

Firstly with all plugins that are plg files, you need to save them in /boot/config/plugins

So now that you have all your plugins placed in the correct location you can reboot.

Upon reboot, via your web browser (firefox/chrome/safari) launch unraid webgui (ipaddress or simply tower) and go to the settings tab.

Now you will see all the plugins you have available.

Each plugin now needs to be installed and run.

Click on each icon, lets take transmission as this example:

You have the following fields:

Enable Transmission: currently set to "no"

Data directory: Make this wherever you want to install transmission. You want it to be persistant so put it on a disk, ie /mnt/cache/apps/transmission or create a share called apps if you are running the free version of unraid and make this /mnt/user/apps/transmission

Port: whatever you like, mine is on 8004

Run as user: leave this as "nobody"

---

Show storage memory usage: leave as "yes"

Show data persistency information: leave as "yes"

now change enable to "yes", click apply and it will install the necessary files and on the left show the status as running. That's it for the unraid part.

in your browser's web bar type tower:8004 or unraidIP:8004 (mine is 192.168.0.3:8004) or back in unraid, if you're still in settings -> transmission, click on the green "running: on the left. It's a shortcut.

The rest is as though you have transmission installed on a normal windows machine. you will need to go into settings (the wrench icon) and adjust the download directory and anything you want.

here is a general guide: https://github.com/Influencer/UNplugged/wiki

great info!  thanks!

one question though... I dont have a cache disk right now.  you say to put it on a disk - what is the advantage of putting it on a disk share rather than a user share?

by specifying a disk makes it put it on that particular disk regardless, ie /mnt/disk1/apps/transmission

by specifying a share it will put it on whatever disk is most suitable to how your data is spread across disks, ie /mnt/user/apps/transmission

neither are wrong, but method 2 gives you one less thing to think about.

ok we're almost there...  just a couple more questions.

1) so this path is just for the app itself not the torrent downloads right?

2) now that transmission is installed, I go into the gui and into settings and for the "download to:" folder, it is defaulted to "\\Downloads".  Is it looking for a local path like \mnt\movies\ or is it lookign for a unc path like \\tower\movies\ ?

ok we're almost there...  just a couple more questions.

1) so this path is just for the app itself not the torrent downloads right?

2) now that transmission is installed, I go into the gui and into settings and for the "download to:" folder, it is defaulted to "\\Downloads".  Is it looking for a local path like \mnt\movies\ or is it lookign for a unc path like \\tower\movies\ ?

1) yes just for the plugin data files <- has the settings.json file that you may need to amend if you want for example auto loading of .torrent files

2) looking for local path to download your files to, ie /mnt/user/Torrents

Ok so i initially set up transmission to download to /mnt/user/movies/downloads. And later changed the download path in transmission to a new share /mnt/user/torrents

But now when i start downloads from couch potato, transmission shows that its downloading something but its not going to the torrents share.  Not sure where its going.

Im thinking maybe my change in download location for transmission didnt really stick.  But i dont know. Any suggestions??

I am using 5.0-rc11 version of Unraid On my machine. So far I have installed unMenu and SimpleFeatures plugins only. I don't have any cache drive as of now.

Below are the steps that I followed to install the Transmission Package:-

1) Run the following command while I was within  /boot/config/plugins directory :-

wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/Influencer/UNplugged/blob/master/transmission_unplugged.plg

==> Using above command I was able to download the updated Transmission Plugin

2) Execute the Install Plugin Command and send the output log to another file :-

installplg transmission_unplugged.plg >> transmission_unplugged.log

I have attached the log file as well.

When I checked the log file it seems there are lot of errors. Can someone help me what am I missing here ?

transmission_unplugged.txt

If you 'menu' over a torrent in the web interface, and choose 'set location ...', it will show you where it is going.

oh excellent thank you!!  I actually wound rebooting the server and trying again and it seems to work now.

Hello, can anybody explain why I have extremely low read speed for those file that were downloaded by transmission plugin? And what I can do with this behavior?

Example: Transmission downloaded some video file (2gb) to shared folder at unraid disk1, then I watch this video and MOVE it in Midnight commander to other unraid disk2, and I have only 10-20 MB/s transfer speed. Then I want to do some tests: I move it back to disk1 (speed 60-80 MB/s), and after that copy it from disk1 to disk3 and now transfer speed 60-80 MB/s. So it looks like downloaded files highly fragment... and for those files that wasn't downloaded by transmissions transfer speed is normal. I have folder in which transmission downloads files, and there is some other video files in this folder that were just copied some days ago from other disk, and they have no transfer speed problem.

Hello, can anybody explain why I have extremely low read speed for those file that were downloaded by transmission plugin? And what I can do with this behavior?

Example: Transmission downloaded some video file (2gb) to shared folder at unraid disk1, then I watch this video and MOVE it in Midnight commander to other unraid disk2, and I have only 10-20 MB/s transfer speed. Then I want to do some tests: I move it back to disk1 (speed 60-80 MB/s), and after that copy it from disk1 to disk3 and now transfer speed 60-80 MB/s. So it looks like downloaded files highly fragment... and for those files that wasn't downloaded by transmissions transfer speed is normal. I have folder in which transmission downloads files, and there is some other video files in this folder that were just copied some days ago from other disk, and they have no transfer speed problem.

Never thought about this but I guess I can imagine how saving all of the individual "pieces" of a torrent would result in fragmentation. Just did a google search for "torrent fragmentation" and it seems to have a lot of hits for different torrent clients on different OS so it doesn't seem to be specific to this particular implementation.

Guys I need some help please. Haven't posted in this thread in a longg time.

Anyway, I got everything set up at my place. Couchpotato, Sickbeard, and Sabnzbd... Everything is working smooth. So I brought the server over to my parents' place (it was for them).

I am running RC8a

Well, in sabznbd when I clicked "test usenet server" I automatically got an "invalid address" even though it connected fine on my laptop.

Next I tried to update the plugins and got some weird error and it wouldn't update...

I figured I would reboot. And now, all 3 plugins are GONE from the settings menu! They are still all located in the "apps" folder on the cache drive. The APC plugin I have is still showing up in the settings menu...

I suspect I may not have internet access form the unraid box for some reason, but not sure if this could be the cause? I don't know linux commands to test if I have access from within the box...

I would really appreciate some help guys.

To see if you have internet connectivity, ping something from the command line.  From the console or a telnet session type "ping www.google.com -c 4" (without the quotes) and see if you get replies.

You can get to the server on the local network, so it sounds like a DNS issue.  I assume other computers on the LAN have no issues accessing the Internet?

Type this command "cat /etc/resolv.conf" and reply with the output.

I'm a Linux novice, but have learned a ton since creating my server.  I'll try and struggle my way through helping you until one of the gurus chimes in.  ;D

Got a problem with friend of me

Installed latest 12a version of unraid all running fine

Installed sabnzb , again latest, all running fine

Sabznb installed perfectly and set it up perfectly . Everything works

But

When i hit button reboot in unraid main menu..

System reboots and hangs then..

Its not reachable through gui, nor via telnet

Only thing i can do , is plug usb in different machine, delete everything of sabnzb on it, then reboot and all works well again

Any idea?

But

Only thing i can do , is plug usb in different machine, delete everything of sabnzb on it, then reboot and all works well again

Any idea?

any plugins other than sabnzb installed ?

do you have a monitor attached to the server ?

I've found that sabnzbd uses openssl-0.9.8 while simplefeatures webserver & email plugins use openssl-1.0.1, a conflict which might cause the server to hang at startup.

The SickBeard plugin is six months old.  Is it possible to keep it up to date after installing the plugin?  They will be releasing an update this month that will allow webdl-1080p and id like to get in on that.  Right now im using NZBdrone on a win7 box but its win32 only service...

But

Any idea?

any plugins other than sabnzb installed ?

do you have a monitor attached to the server ?

I've found that sabnzbd uses openssl-0.9.8 while simplefeatures webserver & email plugins use openssl-1.0.1, a conflict which might cause the server to hang at startup.

yup, simple features latest version installed too

no monitor attached

Archived