Dropbox Plugin for unRAID 5b11+ (updated)

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Removed EVERYTHING, rebooted, re-installed, re-configured, restarted, and what does it say?

"Can't sync (not enough free disk space)

Downloading file list..."

It still is putting the synced files in /usr/local/dropbox.

>:( what the f*ck is wrong with dropbox?

• 2 weeks later...

Removed EVERYTHING, rebooted, re-installed, re-configured, restarted, and what does it say?

"Can't sync (not enough free disk space)

Downloading file list..."

It still is putting the synced files in /usr/local/dropbox.

I am getting the same thing. "Can't sync (not enough free disk space)"

Dropbox Database:  /mnt/cache/.dropbox_db

Dropbox Data:  /mnt/disk16/Dropbox

Ok, i think i got it working. There is a symlink (?) that makes '/usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox' point to the physical location (in my case, /mnt/cache/Apps/DropboxData). It looks like after installing, that symlink is called 'DropBox' (with a capital B) in stead of 'Dropbox'... probably the plugin created a DropBox symlink, but looks for 'Dropbox', can't find the symlink, and therefore creates the folder in /usr/local, causing all the trouble. Same for the '.dropbox' symlink. Does that sound plausible? Looks like a bug in the plugin?

*edit* the weird thing is that looking back a few posts, my symlinks looked ok?

Ok, i think i got it working. There is a symlink (?) that makes '/usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox' point to the physical location (in my case, /mnt/cache/Apps/DropboxData). It looks like after installing, that symlink is called 'DropBox' (with a capital B) in stead of 'Dropbox'... probably the plugin created a DropBox symlink, but looks for 'Dropbox', can't find the symlink, and therefore creates the folder in /usr/local, causing all the trouble. Same for the '.dropbox' symlink. Does that sound plausible? Looks like a bug in the plugin?

*edit* the weird thing is that looking back a few posts, my symlinks looked ok?

Jowi, the following code extract is the only portion of the plugin which creates symlinks;

#Recreate symlinks in dropbox "home" location to real dirs set via plugin webgui and created above
  rm -f /usr/local/dropbox/.dropbox
  ln -sf $DROPBOXDBDIR /usr/local/dropbox/.dropbox
  rm -f /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox
  ln -sf $DROPBOXDIR /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox

The above code is necessary to fool Dropbox into knowing where to look for the database and data locations.  As you can see, there is no capital "B" in use.  It takes the user specified directories as defined in the plugin webgui page as source for the symlinks so in your example, "DropBox" could only have come from a user entered value.

Yeah i know... Still, if i set both paths correctly in the webgui, the symlinks are messed up and revert to usr/local, and i have to edit them manually. You would say if i use dr0PbOx in the webgui, the symlink should use that as well, but i suspect it doesnt and defaults to "Dropbox"? Until today i never touched or changed the symlinks, i didnt even now how. So something is messing up the symlinks, and it wasnt me :)

I'm not gonna try replicate it, its working now, i keep my hands off it if you don't mind ;)

I don't know. My guess is after, since it lookes like the plugin is ignoring these folders, but it can only start the service if those are applied.

In the end i removed all dropboxdb and dropboxdata folders and symlinks in /usr/local, and manually added the 2 symlinks to point to /mnt/cache/Apps/DropboxData and DropboxDB in my case, and restarted the plugin.

I don't know. My guess is after, since it lookes like the plugin is ignoring these folders, but it can only start the service if those are applied.

In the end i removed all dropboxdb and dropboxdata folders and symlinks in /usr/local, and manually added the 2 symlinks to point to /mnt/cache/Apps/DropboxData and DropboxDB in my case, and restarted the plugin.

I will try that and see if it works. I did check my /usr/local and noticed that the only symlink was to the dropboxdb but the dropboxdata was just a regular directory and not a symlink.

There is something wrong with the plugin.  :(

I cleared everything out and rebooted the server.

I installed the plugin.

Set the following:

- Enabled Dropbox Services to No

- Set Dropbox Database Directory: /mnt/cache/.DropBoxDB

- Set Dropbox Data Directory: /mnt/disk10/Dropbox

Installed the Dropbox app.

Checked the directory for the symlinks - ls -la /usr/local/dropbox and they were there point to the correct area that I specified above.

Started the Dropbox Daemon.

Clicked the link in the Status bar above to link the server to my account. This is where it went wrong. The symlink for the Dropbox data was removed and replaced with a directory called /usr/local/dropbox/Dropbox.

I've manually edited the symlinks so they are ok. If i stop the service, and restart it, they are messed up again.

So, i have to remind myself to manually adjust the symlinks e.g. after a reboot...

I hope this issue can be fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Edit the dropbox_overbyrn.plg so that DROPBOXDBDIR and DROPBOXDIR in the segment that describes the .cfg file at line 116 contain the paths you want. Or maybe just changing the cfg file itself is enough?

I've changed both paths so they point to my cache drive.

<FILE Name="/boot/config/plugins/dropbox/dropbox.cfg">
<INLINE>
# dropbox configuration:
SERVICE="disable"
DROPBOXDBDIR="/mnt/cache/Apps/.DropboxDB"
DROPBOXDIR="/mnt/cache/Apps/DropboxData"
BRANCH="STABLE"
EXCLUDES=""
</INLINE>
</FILE>

• 3 weeks later...

Well I deleted the dropbox plg and copied over the new one.  Now I can't get it to install as i get errors saying,

"Warning: simplexml_load file(): in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 -bash: syntax error near unexpected token"  and few others.

How can i fix this?

Has anyone experienced their drop box unexpectedly unlinked?  I went into my drop box app on unraid and it said to link your dropbox.  So I did that same user and pass as usual and now its re-downloading all my files?

I have the same problem, it somehows switches between a newer version and it crashes somewhere halfway downloading the files... I have disabled it for now.

Well I deleted the dropbox plg and copied over the new one.  Now I can't get it to install as i get errors saying,

"Warning: simplexml_load file(): in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 -bash: syntax error near unexpected token"  and few others.

How can i fix this?

This error is typically caused by a bad download. Did you download it from the github page or from the direct link in the first post?

Here it is f*cked up again as well. Updated, all symlinks all over the place as expected, it started downloading everything to /usr/local/dropbox again. Stopped the thing, changed symlinks, now it is downloading to the right place, but now it says it has an update, again? What is wrong with this thing?