What do you want in a custom unRAID package (BubbaRaid)

Oh the RAM tested good with the latest memtest when I first installed it.  I *never* put in new RAM without an overnight memtest.

But in the process of reconfiguring a hundred kernels, and some BIOS changes, something changed after the RAM was installed and tested, possibly timings or other config, or perhaps even a weak bit error developed.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will try upgrading to the latest version tonight.

There was nothing really wrong with my system last time except that wtorrent was not playing nice.  Hopefully (but i am guessing not) this little bug you found in your dev system was also causing my problem.

I might try messing around with this web interface and see if i can get it to work instead of wtorrent.  But i am not sure how things are tried in behind the scenes, if i need to compile it in, or really even were the stuff needs to go.  Doing a brief scan of things in the forum is appears that most of the stuff needed for it to work on lighttpd are mostly there.  Just not sure if adding this will completely fubar wrotrrent or rtorrent.

I apologize for the basic question, but I read through the thread and still couldn't find a clear answer.

I would like to use the U-notify add-in with gmaill, but when I configure it I receive various errors when doing the Test Send Email.

Can anyone kindly walk me through how to get this configured correctly for using smtp with gmail?

Thanks

I apologize for the basic question, but I read through the thread and still couldn't find a clear answer.

I would like to use the U-notify add-in with gmaill, but when I configure it I receive various errors when doing the Test Send Email.

Can anyone kindly walk me through how to get this configured correctly for using smtp with gmail?

Thanks

Going to need a little more info then that.  G-mail does require SSL so you will need to use port 465.  Beyond that just use the config wizard adn you should be able to get it set up.

Thanks

Going to need a little more info then that.  G-mail does require SSL so you will need to use port 465.  Beyond that just use the config wizard adn you should be able to get it set up.

Thanks for the prompt response. I am using port 465.

These are the errors I receive:

Sending unraid_notify test e-mail...

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 32: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 42: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 41: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 34: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 32: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 388: [: 4969: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 396: [: 1: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/bashmail: line 38: --port: Name or service not known

/usr/bin/bashmail: line 38: /dev/tcp/--port/25: Invalid argument

/usr/bin/bashmail: line 38: /dev/tcp/--port/25: Invalid argument

I am getting the same error message when trying to send a test email using unraid_notify

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 27: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 26: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 388: [: 394: unary operator expected

I looked at the unraid_notify script located in that directory "/usr/bin" and here is line 327:

if [ $diskTemp -ge $iMaxDiskTemp ]

The other lines are similar, just if statements.  Anyone have any ideas why that would be causing problems?

Thanks

Have 0.01.17-Beta up and running on original equipment plus mixed IDE/SATA array.  Having trouble downloading / installing SqueezeCenter with built-in script. 

Downloading and installing to /mnt/disk1/Slimserver

(this could take several minutes)

* SqueezeCenter install script *

Installing to /mnt/disk1/Slimserver

--2009-02-23 20:45:47--  http://downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeCenter_v7.2.1/squeezecenter-7.2.1.tgz

Resolving downloads.slimdevices.com... failed: Name or service not known.

wget: unable to resolve host address `downloads.slimdevices.com'

Can manually download the tgz just fine.  Please advise next steps.

That sounds like some sort of network problem.  Can you go to a terminal window on the server itself and 'ping' that address?  If not, can you ping something like 'yahoo.com'.  The point is not to actually ping that address, but just see if your machine can turn the name into an ip address.

And sorry to ask a silly question, but that machine is on part of your network that can 'see' the internet?

I'm sorry, but I know just enough about linux networking to turn the computer on and off.  I'm 99% sure that your problem is unrelated to bubba or unraid.  It appears that your internal network is fine, since you can hit the unraid box from other machines on your network.  However, the unraid box doesn't know how to get outside your network.

What I would do is go to your 'settings' page on the base unraid admin web interface.  I'm doing that with mine, and the 'Gateway' and 'DNS Server' are both set to the IP address of my router ('Obtain DNS Server Address Automatically' is set to 'No').  I do not have a switch in the way, but that shouldn't make any difference.  The DNS server is where your computer goes to try to resolve the domain name to an IP address.  What does that page look like for you?

I am getting the same error message when trying to send a test email using unraid_notify

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 27: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 327: [: 26: unary operator expected

/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 388: [: 394: unary operator expected

I looked at the unraid_notify script located in that directory "/usr/bin" and here is line 327:

if [ $diskTemp -ge $iMaxDiskTemp ]

The other lines are similar, just if statements.  Anyone have any ideas why that would be causing problems?

Thanks

I get the same errors.  The unraid_notify script I had installed (non-bubbaraid) worked fine, and I setup this one up the same.  Not sure what's wrong.

dave

The DNS server is where your computer goes to try to resolve the domain name to an IP address.  What does that page look like for you?

That did the trick.  My DNS Server was <blank>.  Thanks for your help!

Really?  Thats great.  I'm glad I could help.  This forum has solved a lot of my problems.  I think this was the first time I was able to help someone else out.  Good luck!  Can you tell me if you have had any luck trying to configure the 'unraid_notify' script?

For anyone having problems with unraid_notify .conf here is the contents of my file with the relevent stuff of mine removed.  I am using this setup with gmail and IMAP setup.

[Email]

# Name of SMTP server to use for sending notifications
SmtpServer =smtp.gmail.com

# SMTP server port
# Common ports used for SMTP: 25, 2525, 587 (or port 465 for SSL)
SmtpServerPort =465 [b]use this port for gmail[/b]

# User name to use in SMTP authentication (prob. your email address) 
# (leave blank for no authentication)
Username =myName  <-- do not add @gmail.com

# Password to use in SMTP authentication (prob. your POP3 password)
Password =myPassword

# Use SSL / SMTPS / Secure SMTP when comunicating with smtp server?
# (smtp.gmail.com, for example, requires SSL)
# Set to "True" to enable ssl.  
# You will also need to change SmtpServerPort to 465
#
# NOTE:  This requires the installation of of the following package:
# http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/utilities/socat/1.6.0.1/socat-1.6.0.1-i486-2bj.tgz
#
UseSSL =True  <-- have to use SSL but do not worry about the socat package it is built in now.
# UseSSL =False

# Subject of notification email
Subject =unRAID_Status

# Append abbreviated status to subject
AppendStatus =True

# Recipient(s) of status notification emails and error notification emails
# (An hourly status will be sent to these addresses, regardless of the status)
# Separate multiple recipients with a space
RcptTo [email protected]

# Recipient(s) of only error notification emails
# (no email will be sent to these addresses, unless there is a problem with unRAID)
ErrorRcptTo [email protected]

# Mail from address
# (Who the message you recive will be "from")
MailFrom =unRaid

# Set email header with high importance if there is a problem with unRaid?
# (standard status notification, if sent, will not be marked high importance)
SetEmailPriority =True

# Choose whether to include the contents of /proc/mdcmd in your status
# notifications (Setting this value to anything but "True" is the same
# as setting it to "False")
IncludeMdcmd =True

[Options]

# Choose the maximum temp. (in celsius) a disk may get before an error will message will be sent.
MaxDiskTemp =50

# Choose the critical disk temp. (in celsius) that will cause unraid_notify to execute an external 
# command (like powerdown - see: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Powerdown_script )
CriticalDiskTemp = 60
#CriticalDiskCommand = powerdown

# Should display of temp be converted to Fahrenheit? ( conversion is: F=((C*9)/5) 32 )
DisplayFahrenheit =False

# How often, in minutes, to send a notification
# (Note: changes in error status will result in an immediate notification, with a maximum delay of 
# "RescanDelay" (see below))
NotifyDelay =60

# How long, in seconds, should unraid_notify wait between status checks?
# (Note: if you set this below 10 seconds, the value will be defaulted to 10 seconds)
RescanDelay =60

# How long, in seconds, to wait for the unRAID server to have been up before running status checks
# and sending notifications. (gives time for system to fully loaded before checking status)
StartScanDelay =180

# How long to wait for disk activity, in minutes, before spinning down an idle drive
# warning: Setting too low of a spindown time can prematurely age your drive by forcing
# too many spin-up/down cycles on the poor thing.
SpinDownTime =30

These settings work for me just fine using using gmail.

I still hate wtorrent.  The little glitch in your dev system was not causing my wotrrent problem (i did not really think it was, but i could hope).

Anyway, is there any chance of using the web gui i linked to a couple posts ago.  I have no idea if it is better but it should at least be worth a try.

EDIT: OK, for anyone having problems with wtorrent, take a look at this thread over on the wtorrent track page.  Following the directions on there to change every occurrence of "DIR_EXEC . DIR_TORRENTS" to "DIR_TORRENTS" in the directory "*wtorrent_directory*/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php" (for the BubbaRaid users this would be /boot/bubba/wtorrent/wt/cls/AddT.cls.php) fixed the problem for me.  I am now able to add torrents through the web interface again.

For anyone having problems with unraid_notify .conf here is the contents of my file with the relevent stuff of mine removed.  I am using this setup with gmail and IMAP setup.

[Email]

# Name of SMTP server to use for sending notifications
SmtpServer =smtp.gmail.com

# SMTP server port
# Common ports used for SMTP: 25, 2525, 587 (or port 465 for SSL)
SmtpServerPort =465 [b]use this port for gmail[/b]

# User name to use in SMTP authentication (prob. your email address) 
Username =myName  <-- do not add @gmail.com

# Password to use in SMTP authentication (prob. your POP3 password)
Password =myPassword

# Use SSL / SMTPS / Secure SMTP when comunicating with smtp server?
# (smtp.gmail.com, for example, requires SSL)
# Set to "True" to enable ssl.  
# You will also need to change SmtpServerPort to 465
#
# NOTE:  This requires the installation of of the following package:
# http://repository.slacky.eu/slackware-12.1/utilities/socat/1.6.0.1/socat-1.6.0.1-i486-2bj.tgz
#
UseSSL =True  <-- have to use SSL but do not worry about the socat package it is built in now.
# UseSSL =False

# Subject of notification email
Subject =unRAID_Status

# Append abbreviated status to subject
AppendStatus =True

# Recipient(s) of status notification emails and error notification emails
# (An hourly status will be sent to these addresses, regardless of the status)
# Separate multiple recipients with a space
RcptTo [email protected]

# Recipient(s) of only error notification emails
# (no email will be sent to these addresses, unless there is a problem with unRAID)
ErrorRcptTo [email protected]

# Mail from address
# (Who the message you recive will be "from")
MailFrom =unRaid

# Set email header with high importance if there is a problem with unRaid?
# (standard status notification, if sent, will not be marked high importance)
SetEmailPriority =True

# Choose whether to include the contents of /proc/mdcmd in your status
# notifications (Setting this value to anything but "True" is the same
# as setting it to "False")
IncludeMdcmd =True

[Options]

# Choose the maximum temp. (in celsius) a disk may get before an error will message will be sent.
MaxDiskTemp =50

# Choose the critical disk temp. (in celsius) that will cause unraid_notify to execute an external 
# command (like powerdown - see: http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Powerdown_script )
CriticalDiskTemp = 60
#CriticalDiskCommand = powerdown

# Should display of temp be converted to Fahrenheit? ( conversion is: F=((C*9)/5) 32 )
DisplayFahrenheit =False

# How often, in minutes, to send a notification
# (Note: changes in error status will result in an immediate notification, with a maximum delay of 
# "RescanDelay" (see below))
NotifyDelay =60

# How long, in seconds, should unraid_notify wait between status checks?
# (Note: if you set this below 10 seconds, the value will be defaulted to 10 seconds)
RescanDelay =60

# How long, in seconds, to wait for the unRAID server to have been up before running status checks
# and sending notifications. (gives time for system to fully loaded before checking status)
StartScanDelay =180

# How long to wait for disk activity, in minutes, before spinning down an idle drive
# warning: Setting too low of a spindown time can prematurely age your drive by forcing
# too many spin-up/down cycles on the poor thing.
SpinDownTime =30

These settings work for me just fine using using gmail.

When I copied your settings exactly (obviously changing email and password) it now gives me the message "/usr/bin/unraid_notify: line 492: socat: command not found". Anyone have any ideas? Thank you