unRAID with SABnzbd

Assuming your .sabnzbd folder is on the cache drive, you just copy the files over. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.

I did this to upgrade from 0.5.x to 0.6RC2. Back up the entire .sabnzbd folder before copying over, just in case.

I remember attempting to upgrade of one of the 0.6.x betas but it didn't work properly and i had to roll back.  I'll give it another shot.

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke too soon, my queue won't show up at all. Just like dimh:

Anyone jumped the 0.6 beta 2 bandwagon?

I copied it to the usb stick in a separate folder and copied over the sabnzbd.ini file from my 0.5.5 installation. Downloading works fine, but the queue shows empty, while items do show up in history when finished.

Any ideas?

I also found it here referenced here, but no ideas on how to fix it:  http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=6912.0

In my log I found:

[05/May/2011:21:35:30] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.0/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 618, in respond

cherrypy.response.body = self.handler()

File "/boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.0/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__

return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/boot/packages/SABnzbd-0.6.0/sabnzbd/interface.py", line 634, in index

return template.respond()

File "_boot_packages_SABnzbd_0_6_0_interfaces_Plush_templates_queue_tmpl.py", line 88, in respond

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/locale.py", line 513, in setlocale

return _setlocale(category, locale)

Error: unsupported locale setting

Any ideas on how to fix that? I'm using the 2.1 dependencies.

Just upgraded without any issues

see screenshot

;D... funny in unraid which is presumed to be difficult i upgrade easy.. queue intact no worries

in windows i lost my queue  ;D not a long one as in unraid but i had to manually move some nzb's from the cache back to sab... not a big issue but still funny  :o

sab6.JPG.7f8600da82d067949abe390ff3a820cc.JPG

I gotta say after using Plush tonight on 0.6 I actually kind of like it now.  I was forcing myself to use it on 0.5.x since classic is on its way out, and I didn't really care for it at all. 

Now all I need is unraid 5.0 final with ant's GUI and I'll be most satisfied

Anyone having issues with not getting full download speeds with SABnzbd?  I use Newsbin on my windows machine and get 24Mbit/s (3MB/s) but when I installed SAB to unRaid I only get 20Mbit/s (2.7MB/s).  I then installed SAB on my windows machine and again only get 20Mbit/s (2.7MB/s), slower than Newsbin.  Tested and confirmed on windows machine with DU meter and timing the same files on each program, SAB is slower for some reason

Posted to the SAB forums and they said maybe because its written in Python is the reason its slower, not much help over there

Anyone else experience this?

thanks

Josh

I had the same problem getting the queue to show up with the Plush skin under 0.60. The only way I could get it to work was to remove the following line from SABnbd/interfaces/Plush/templates/queue.tmpl:

<% locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, "") %>

Seems to be working ok now.

Cheers,

Tom.

I had the same problem getting the queue to show up with the Plush skin under 0.60. The only way I could get it to work was to remove the following line from SABnbd/interfaces/Plush/templates/queue.tmpl:

<% locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, "") %>

Seems to be working ok now.

Cheers,

Tom.

Thanks for the tip - fixed my problem with Plush too

Ok so I installed SAB without using the unmenu package.  To upgrade I just copy the files to the sab folder on my cache drive.  Also is SABnzbdDependencies-2.1-i486-unRAID.tgz the newest set of dependencies?  I thought I read there was a 2.9?  If there is a newer version where can I find it?  Is removing the  <% locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, "") %>  code necessary or are folks having success getting it to  work without doing that?  Lastly do I need to save any of the files in the SAB cache drive folder to preserve my settings?

Thanks!  I've been loving the sickbeard/couchpotato/Plex/Sab combo.  I'm just itching for the linux verson of plex server so we can hopefully get it running on our boxes!  Thanks for the help ahead of time.  I would be in trouble with the wife if her shows didn't download.  \

Ok so I installed SAB without using the unmenu package.  To upgrade I just copy the files to the sab folder on my cache drive.

Correct.

Also is SABnzbdDependencies-2.1-i486-unRAID.tgz the newest set of dependencies?  I thought I read there was a 2.9?  If there is a newer version where can I find it?

If there were newer dependencies, it would be posted in this thread.  To my knowledge, 2.1 is the most current version.

Is removing the  <% locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, "") %>   code necessary or are folks having success getting it to  work without doing that?

I can't speak for others, but a reboot fixed the issue of the queue not showing up (though it was downloading just fine).

Lastly do I need to save any of the files in the SAB cache drive folder to preserve my settings?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean here, but if all you're doing is upgrading to the newer version, just copy the new SAB files over the old one.  It will preserve your settings (but you should still be safe and back up the entire directory just in case).

Good luck!

Thanks!  I've been loving the sickbeard/couchpotato/Plex/Sab combo.  I'm just itching for the linux verson of plex server so we can hopefully get it running on our boxes!  Thanks for the help ahead of time.  I would be in trouble with the wife if her shows didn't download.

Fingers crossed.  I've been monitoring the Plex forums on a regular basis hoping that an unRAID favor of PMS will be released.  I think there's enough demand to warrant it (#2 on their poll).