PS3mediaserver

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey,

Is there a wiki page or something that has step by step instructions?

as a total Linux noob i have no idea what to do with at this point

2. Download and install the slackware java runtime environment. "installpkg jre-6u11-i586-1.tgz"

http://mirrors.easynews.com/linux/slackware/slackware-current/slackware/l/jre-6u11-i586-1.tgz

thanks

definitely need this on my Unraid server but struggling how to install per i am a linux noob too ::)

Here is a code sample that will allow you to do this on your own:

for i in /boot/packages/*.tgz; do
  installpkg /boot/packages/`basename $i .tgz`
done

You don't really need a loop for that. You can reduce the above to just one line:

installpkg /boot/packages/*.t[gx]z

I even added an extra "x" there for the newer Slackware packages which come as ".txz"

Here is a code sample that will allow you to do this on your own:

for i in /boot/packages/*.tgz; do
  installpkg /boot/packages/`basename $i .tgz`
done

You don't really need a loop for that. You can reduce the above to just one line:

installpkg /boot/packages/*.t[gx]z

I even added an extra "x" there for the newer Slackware packages which come as ".txz"

Purko - do you run ps3ms on your unraid? do you have any step by step install notes for a Noob ;D

Thank you Warrior. This was perfect timing. I was just asked last night to set this up for someone and didn't know where to begin. Your efforts saved me a lot of head scratching.

Looks like the two file links on your blog to slackware.org.uk are not working, says "Not Found"

Thanks for the new links.

I got everything installed but get this error when booting:

/var/tmp/go: line 10: ./PMS.sh: No such file or directory

I double checked and it's there on the flash in the proper folder.

The "go" script is copied elsewhere (/var/tmp/go), passed through "fromdos" and executed in that other location.

Your script does not exist there.

Invoke it with the full path to the file. If it is in /boot, use:

/boot/PMS.sh

help please

using the step by step guide from gswarriorfan's blog

when i type ffmpeg to make sure everything works i got "cannot execute binary file"

as per vwalien's tip on page 7 i switched ffmpeg-0.5-x86_64-2alien.tgz with ffmpeg-0.5-i486-1alien.tgz

but now i when i type ffmpeg i get:

ffmpeg: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.52: symbol snd_pcm_htimestamp,

version ALSA_0.9 not defined in file libasound.so.2 with link time reference

i have no idea what that error means

any help would be appreciated.  thanks

edit: was page 7 not 4... oops

help please

when i type ffmpeg to make sure everything works i got "cannot execute binary file"

as per vwalien's tip on page 4 i switched ffmpeg-0.5-x86_64-2alien.tgz with ffmpeg-0.5-i486-1alien.tgz

ffmpeg: relocation error: /usr/lib/libavdevice.so.52: symbol snd_pcm_htimestamp,

any help would be appreciated.  thanks

I got exactly the same and went past it thinking I would resolve later, despite the error ps3ms still runs fine and I get sound.

Mine is still not booting at startup using the fix to the go script I thought would work or Joe's one.  I don't have a monitor attached to my server so cannot check the messages at boot, I am wondering if some wait time needs to be added to allow for the installpkg stage to complete.

I've followed the blog step by step, substituting the new links posted above for the two broken links.

Also changed the go script to include the "cd /boot/custom/ps3ms/" before the "./PMS.sh".

When booting that fix seems to work as the error is gone. However a new error is shown:

Unable to access jarfile /boot/custom/ps3ms/pms.jar

I'm wondering if we're still missing something.

Have you checked the file exists in your ps3ms folder?  It should come from the stage when you extracted pms-linux-1.10.5.tgz, it should be in ps3ms and not in a pms-linux-1.10.5 subfolfder.

help please

as per vwalien's tip on page 4 i switched ffmpeg-0.5-x86_64-2alien.tgz with ffmpeg-0.5-i486-1alien.tgz

any help would be appreciated.  thanks

I remember when I switched versions to ffmpeg-0.5-i486-1alien.tgz, or was it mencoder, I forgot now, I also had to track down the following files:

liboil-0.3.14-i486-1alien.tgz

http://connie.slackware.com/~alien/slackbuilds/liboil/pkg/12.1/liboil-0.3.14-i486-1alien.tgz

alsa-lib-1.0.17a-i486-1.tgz

http://www.slackware.org.il/slackware/slackware-12.2/slackware/l/alsa-lib-1.0.17a-i486-1.tgz

libXau-1.0.4-i486-1.tgz

http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/slackware-12.2/slackware/x/libXau-1.0.4-i486-1.tgz

Have you checked the file exists in your ps3ms folder?  It should come from the stage when you extracted pms-linux-1.10.5.tgz, it should be in ps3ms and not in a pms-linux-1.10.5 subfolfder.

Should all of the pms-linux-1.10.5.tgz files be in the ps3ms folder or just the pms.jar?

Clipboard01.jpg.578e2879ae51ddfbe54ecb0641a940d2.jpg

Have you checked the file exists in your ps3ms folder?  It should come from the stage when you extracted pms-linux-1.10.5.tgz, it should be in ps3ms and not in a pms-linux-1.10.5 subfolfder.

Should all of the pms-linux-1.10.5.tgz files be in the ps3ms folder or just the pms.jar?

All of them should be in there