[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

I figured it out.  Originally I created my ownCloud docker via the command line.  To fix this, I recreated is using a template from within the GUI.  Works as expected now.

The one thing I noticed however, is on my original installation, there was a 20gb upload limit, now it's back down to 513mb again (which is the default I believe).

I figured it out.  Originally I created my ownCloud docker via the command line.  To fix this, I recreated is using a template from within the GUI.  Works as expected now.

The one thing I noticed however, is on my original installation, there was a 20gb upload limit, now it's back down to 513mb again (which is the default I believe).

I think I fixed this.

Glad to hear other people are having the same 502 issue.  I am a new user to ownCloud and dockers as of this weekend.  I just installed it over the weekend and thought perhaps I had did something wrong. Not sure if it makes any difference, but I am using the mariaDB for the database which is provided by a docker as well.

Hi new with this docker but everything seems to run fine. I been trying to find out how install a 3rd party app but can not find any document on how to access the app directory to install it too.

From what I read they say it's in the own cloud install dir. Could anyone please give me guidance on how to find or get to this dir. in detail it's neither on my pc dir. nor the unraid dir.

The 3rd party app is to be unzip in this dir. and it will show up on next reboot of own cloud.

thanks

Lou

I'm interested in getting this up and running but currently using smdion's reverseproxy docker to access a number of things and wondering how best to integrate owncloud.

Trying to get my head around all of this.

This docker comes with NGINX as part of it? In which case, can I use this to reverse proxy as well as run owncloud?

Or would I be better off using reverseproxy and a manual install of owncloud?

Thanks for all your hard work, does look an amazing docker.

YEAH after continually failing to get this working I finally got it.

*it helps when you put in the correct items for the subject variables*

I want to be able to use own cloud from out side my network, yes know there's a ton of stuff to do.

I remember a short guide posted by another user on how to accomplish this and help would be appreciated.

:)

I'm guessing most people are not having the 502 Bad Gateway error with OC 8 and this docker.  Otherwise I would expect more people reporting this issue.  Perhaps it's our UnRaid configuration? I've tried UnRaid 6b12 and 6b13.  Owncloud directory is pointed here: /mnt/user/owncloud/ which is a usershare that is not using cache.  Are your configurations similar?  Should I be using an XFS filesystem perhaps?

I am also using MariaDB which is stored on my cache pool (btrfs filesystem using 2x1TB)

Hi new with this docker but everything seems to run fine. I been trying to find out how install a 3rd party app but can not find any document on how to access the app directory to install it too.

From what I read they say it's in the own cloud install dir. Could anyone please give me guidance on how to find or get to this dir. in detail it's neither on my pc dir. nor the unraid dir.

The 3rd party app is to be unzip in this dir. and it will show up on next reboot of own cloud.

thanks

Lou

Ok so I have read that usually the dir. is /var/www/owncloud/apps or /usr/share/owncloud  but when I putty into either there is no www/ownCloud where would the docker install these files?

thanks

Lou

I've tried beta13 and beta14.  Received the notification that I had to delete and re-create my docker image (which I did), and then re-setup owncloud again......same gateway error, however it's happening several times a day now where I have to restart ownCloud.  This is exceedingly frustrating.  Anyone have any suggestions on what the problem might be and/or how to resolve?

I did what jonp wrote as well.  That fixed my problem, but I'm not sure why. 

However I did add a new drive to the array and it is formatted as XFS whereas the other drive is RFS.

Doesn't work for me either. I also recreated my docker.img file due to jonp's guidance and still get the error.

@Cliffy, what exactly do you mean by "recreated my own cloud docker"?

I did what jonp wrote as well.  That fixed my problem, but I'm not sure why. 

However I did add a new drive to the array and it is formatted as XFS whereas the other drive is RFS.

Doesn't work for me either. I also recreated my docker.img file due to jonp's guidance and still get the error.

@Cliffy, what exactly do you mean by "recreated my own cloud docker"?

I spoke too soon.  I received a 502 Bad Gateway last night.  ;)