[DOCKER] ownCloud is here!

So right now your owncloud docker only sees /mnt/disk1/appdata/owncloud folder and it thinks its called /var/www/owncloud/data.

If you want to pass the whole array path.  Container path would be /array and host path /mnt/user.

Then in owncloud you would put /array in the paths and it would see all of your array data.

RE: Adding Apps. I think the long term solution is to ask really nice if gfjardim will add the /var/www/owncloud/apps directory to a Volume in the DockerFile. Or you could fork it yourself and do that pretty easily.

However, what will probably be easiest for you guys if you're comfortable with the command line is to get a shell in the docker and wget the app you want and place it in the apps folder yourself. To connect to the docker run

docker exec -i -t OwncloudDockerName bash

replacing OwncloudDockerName with whatever you named the Docker. Doing a

docker ps

should list it if it's running and a

docker ps -a

will list all of the ones you have running or not. You can also see the name in the configuration page of the gui.

Thank you for the commands to log into the docker.  I was able to get the 3rd party addons installed and working.

Keep in mind that when you go to do an upgrade of his container that what you did will be wiped out. Heck, it might be wiped out if you stop the container. I can't remember now if it will persist.

FYI on ownCloud docker when using the Nginx as a Reverse Proxy (smdion/docker-nginx:latest).

When Nginx is setup as a reverse proxy for your ownCloud and you get errors from ownCloud client e.g. Request Entity Too Large, it looks like the file being uploaded to ownCloud is larger than 1.5MB size and Nginx reverse proxy does not allow that file to upload. I used the ownCloud windows client application and this is the error I received on numerous PDF work files that were queued to upload. I imagine this error will come up on other ownCloud enabled devices too; actually yes I just checked my iPhone and some HD pics and Videos received an upload error too.

To determine where the problem could be in my system I turned off the Nginx reverse proxy server docker and then uploaded all the PDF files larger than 1.5MB size successfully. Nginx server set up as a reverse proxy seems to be the culprit in my case. I found some information suggesting that making some changes to Nginx server file /etc/nginx/nginx.conf might take care of this. I'm wondering that maybe another field could be added to the Nginx server setup to allow for nginx.conf and maybe other types of config related files too? Seems like a good idea for anything having to do with Apache and Nginx. Anyway here's the info for Nginx reverse proxy for ownCloud. http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-unix-bsd-nginx-413-request-entity-too-large/

In the mean time if the maintainer doesn't get a chance to make changes to the Nginx server image  I will  be boning-up on making the necessary changes to the Nginx server if I can. Fingers crossed.

After some trial and error I came to the conclusion that to get rid of the Nginx reverse proxy server error Request Entity Too Large all that was needed in my setup was to add the following to the default.conf file, in the ssl 443 section inside the "location /":

example:

# set client body size to Unlimited #

client_max_body_size 0m;

location / {
        proxy_pass  https://192.168.100.100:8000/;
        proxy_next_upstream error timeout invalid_header http_500 http_502 http_503 http_504;
proxy_redirect off;
        proxy_buffering off;
        proxy_set_header        Host            my.personal.com;
        proxy_set_header        X-Real-IP       $remote_addr;
        proxy_set_header        X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
        [b]# set client body size to Unlimited #
        client_max_body_size 0m;[/b]
    }

I set the client_max_body_size 0m, where the 0m is for unlimited file size.

As I mentioned in a previous post that trying to upload files larger than 1.5MB to ownCloud returned the mentioned error and the uploads failed on all devices including Windows ownCloud client, iPhone and Android ownCloud clients. So far I have successfully uploaded various files as large as 20MB in size with no hiccups.

Hope anyone can make use of this info. ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

When I enable the calendar and contacts apps, they work just fine.  If I do any kind of an update on the owncloud docker, the calendar and contacts apps directories get deleted.  I then have to disable and re-enable the apps to get the directories re-created.  I also have a files move app that I use that has to be re-loaded.

Is there a better way to do this?  I'm not sure how the docker files are updated, but if the files and directories in the apps directory that are not part of the distro could be respected, it would be better.

Could the apps directory be moved to /mnt/cache/appdata/owncloud?

For some reason all of my shares only show 12 files in the web gui. I know the other files are there since I can keep scrolling and click in the whitespace and I can download whatever file is there. I can even see the URL at the bottom of the browser change as I mouse over each file. I tried a few different browsers and shares but I still always can only see 12 files.

Anyone else have this issue or know how to fix it?

When I enable the calendar and contacts apps, they work just fine.  If I do any kind of an update on the owncloud docker, the calendar and contacts apps directories get deleted.  I then have to disable and re-enable the apps to get the directories re-created.  I also have a files move app that I use that has to be re-loaded.

Is there a better way to do this?  I'm not sure how the docker files are updated, but if the files and directories in the apps directory that are not part of the distro could be respected, it would be better.

I've had the same issue. I disabled then re-enabled and got the apps working again. Haven't figured it out though.

I've had the same issue. I disabled then re-enabled and got the apps working again. Haven't figured it out though.

I think the Docker reloads the apps file structure and wipes out any changes made.  When it does that the calendar and contacts directories in the apps directory are lost.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I have about 10 people using my ownCloud with MariaDB without any problems and people seem to like it. I will probably have many more users before long so I am wondering how one can install a new ssl cert from a Certificate Authority in ownCloud?

I'm researching this: docker run -v /host/path/to/certs:/container/path/to/certs -d IMAGE_ID "update-ca-certificates" , don't know if it's the right idea, and need more info on the container/path/to/certs. A little nudge goes a long way! =D

Just put them on the config folder, probably under your appdata folder. The files are server.pem and server.key.

Great! Thanks. Works like a charm. I've seen those files (server.key & server.pem) there since initial installation and noticed in the logs that they get reinstalled every time there is an edit to owncloud. Anyway with this new ssl cert I had to decrypt the server.key (unRAID shell) so as to get rid of this error

1. Error:

nginx: [emerg] SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file("/opt/server.key") failed (SSL: error:0906406D:PEM routines:PEM_def_callback:problems getting password error:0906A068:PEM routines:PEM_do_header:bad password read error:140B0009:SSL routines:SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file:PEM lib)

Enter PEM pass phrase:

2. I stopped ownCloud and in the working folder (config folder) I use (/mnt/user/Data/owncloud-mariaDB/) I removed the original server.key and server.pem files. I winscp'd to that working folder and copied my new ssl.key and ssl.pem files that I received from the Cert Authority. I putty'd via SSH to unRAID to the working (config) folder and ran this: openssl rsa -in ssl.key -out server.key , and entered password that was setup when the SSL Cert was created at the Cert Authority.

Started ownCloud and the result:

*** Running /etc/my_init.d/config.sh...

Found pre-existing certificate, using it.

*** Running /etc/rc.local...

*** Booting runit daemon...

*** Runit started as PID 14

BTW I used https://www.startssl.com/ as previously suggested. The instructions are for obtaining a free SSL Cert, and to setup a Reverse Proxy, but I was not interested in the proxy, yet. Follow directions carefully.

http://www.seandion.info/unraid/add-ssl-to-your-reverse-proxy-for-free/

Thanks for the guidance.

So did you use a reverse proxy or not? I want to get an SSL cert also, i am using duckdns docker to do my DDNS and its working fine. Do i need to have a domain that forwards to DDN? i am little confused on that.

I think the Docker reloads the apps file structure and wipes out any changes made.  When it does that the calendar and contacts directories in the apps directory are lost.

Or you add your apps inside /var/www/owncloud/data/apps directory or you create a volume mapping pointing to /var/www/owncloud/apps ; either way I won't support it because involves messing with the config.php file, and I don't wan't to screw anyone's installation.

By the way, updated to 8.0.3.

Or you add your apps inside /var/www/owncloud/data/apps directory or you create a volume mapping pointing to /var/www/owncloud/apps ; either way I won't support it because involves messing with the config.php file, and I don't wan't to screw anyone's installation.

By the way, updated to 8.0.3.

8.0.3 working fine for me

ijuarez

So did you use a reverse proxy or not? I want to get an SSL cert also, i am using duckdns docker to do my DDNS and its working fine. Do i need to have a domain that forwards to DDN? i am little confused on that.

Been away for a while. Yes in fact I did finally set up Nginx as a reverse-proxy and it seems to work very well. I chose smdion's Nginx docker over the Apache Reverse-Proxy. I do not use DuckDns, I use Dyn.Com aka: Dyndns.org for my dynamic ip services.

As a side note, I setup approximately a dozen ownCloud accounts for friends and family and all of them seem to like how ownCloud is working, and removed BTSync entirely. The nginx reverse-proxy is very helpful.