OpenVPN Server & Client for unRAID 6.2+ (6.1 are still supported)

peter_sm

I got the client going, but would like to whitelist dyndns.com via the bypassed.txt in order for my ddclient docker to work correctly.

The openvpn log files indicate that dyndns.com is being bypassed:

starting bypassing IP addresses ............. wait

204.13.248.117    >>>>>>>    dyndns.com

However, my PIA ip address is being picked up by ddclient not my home ip address.

How does one let ddclient pick up my home ip address whilst using the openvpn client?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, on the public beta (6.20 b18) I cannot connect to my server through ssh anymore. Could you check if this plugin maybe relies on an incompatible SSH version?

For other users (without this) the beta build works fine. I can only connect over (insecure) telnet on port 23.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, so I am new to openvpn and unraid as a whole. I have recently set up a unraid array with a few dockers successfully and also installed this OpenVPN plugin. I am able to connect to my OpenVPN server remotely and successfully view local devices such as my unraid array.

The only issue I am having is routing web traffic through the VPN. Am I missing a step or is that not what this plugin is designed to do? Thanks for this great plugin!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've used the install line as above.

But I don't see any of the .ovpn files listed. I've also put the ca.crt file in the folder.

I first tried it to the openvpnclient folder then I spotted that the instructions for the client shows openvpn as the folder name.

So I've made that and put the said files in there. Still cannot see the option to select a vpn.

Above was resolved by putting the openvpn folder at the very root of the pendrive.

The part below I still need advise on please?

Also is there anything else I need to do other than install this? I have seen this mentioned in a post on the instructions thread...

you have to create a bridge before create the vpn tunnel to route your traffic

But I was not sure if this was still applicable?

I've installed OpenVPN client and managed to get a connection to VPN service I have. It shows I'm connected and gives me an IP.

But I did nothing else other than install the plugin and add the files. I've not added a Bridge. Is this needed?

Can anyone help me please?

Thank you.

I just installed the client plugin and am not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't select a file with the client config.

I am guessing that when I click "Choose a file" that it would allow me to choose a file that I can upload to use as the config.. but nothing is happening.. tried chrome and firefox browsers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

OpenVPN has been running great, however just upgraded to OpenVPN Client Plugin 2016.05.14f (running unRAID 6.1.9) which has killed it.  Receiving the following error when creating the tunnel interface.

Sat May 14 20:05:20 2016 OpenVPN 2.3.11 x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on May 10 2016

Sat May 14 20:05:20 2016 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.1s  1 Mar 2016, LZO 2.03

Sat May 14 20:05:20 2016 WARNING: file '/boot/config/plugins/openvpnclient/password.txt' is group or others accessible

openvpn: symbol lookup error: openvpn: undefined symbol: SSL_CTX_get0_certificate

Anyone encountered this? 

BTW, is there an easy way to roll a plugin back to previous release.

Thanks

PJ

Hey Guys,

OpenVPN has been running great, however just upgraded to OpenVPN Client Plugin 2016.05.14f (running unRAID 6.1.9) which has killed it.  Receiving the following error when creating the tunnel interface.

Sat May 14 20:05:20 2016 OpenVPN 2.3.11 x86_64-slackware-linux-gnu [sSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [iPv6] built on May 10 2016

Sat May 14 20:05:20 2016 WARNING: file '/boot/config/plugins/openvpnclient/password.txt' is group or others accessible

openvpn: symbol lookup error: openvpn: undefined symbol: SSL_CTX_get0_certificate

Anyone encountered this? 

Thanks

PJ

can you try this

installpkg /boot/packages/openvpn-2.3.9-x86_64-1.txz

# installplg openvpn-2.3.9-x86_64-1.txz

plugin: installing: openvpn-2.3.9-x86_64-1.txz

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): /boot/packages/openvpn-2.3.9-x86_64-1.txz:1: parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 213

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ?7zXZ in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 213

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): ^ in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin on line 213

plugin: xml parse error

i got that error when i try to revert to the older plugin

EDIT:

nevermind, it was an typo.. as you can see i wrote installplg and not installpkg

it works like a charm now

thank you

Hey, so I cant seem to generate the server Certs and Keys. When I try the page just keeps loading and a few minutes later the page reloads with the "X" still present next to the button. I've tried the old (above) and new versions with no difference yet.

**EDIT**

I've included a screenshot of what my console displays after I click the "Generate Server Certificates and Keys" button.

Never Mind, I uninstalled the plugin, then deleted all of its associated files through Krusader (the file manager). Then I reinstalled via the plugin link and used your command. Worked like a charm, thanks.

Hey Guys,

Anyone encountered this? 

Thanks

PJ

can you try this

This fixed my issue as well