unRAID Server Release 6.0-beta14b-x86_64 Available

limetech

Just got mine upgraded from 5.0.6.  Duked the array from orbit and started over wth xfs  and bart for the cache.  I got the haswell bug with a c226 chipset and a G3258 celeron.  It stays at 3.2ghz, but hey its passively cooled with a heat sink the size of a childs head, and still stays at 30c.  One thing i did notice is i cant seem (or at least it doesnt tell me) to spin down drives outside of the array, array drives spin down just fine.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Backblaze keeps track of all disk attributes and have put the information available here. It might help in predicting an imminent disk failure.

Thanks for the link I read it and it's helpful but doesn't exactly answer all of my questions. What I'd still like to know more about is what causes the command timeout report to increase. What's not clear to me is if this could be due to bad connections (bad Sata cable, or lose connection etc) (Wikipedia seems to imply that this often can be the result of oxidized cables or a bad powersupply) and will the reported command timeout raw value go back to zero or normal if you replace or fix the bad connection?

Again I know that I had a problem where the disk had a loose connection causing problems, but I fixed the connection that was the problem and it's been fine since, this was early on so when I moved to 6b12 and SMART monitering was working correcly I started getting a notice on boot about this drive. I guess my question is the following is command timeout always a sign of imminate hard drive failure or is it sometimes a sign of other hardware issues which need to be resloved? If you reslove those other hardware issues does the command timeout count restart? I assume no.

Backblaze keeps track of all disk attributes and have put the information available here. It might help in predicting an imminent disk failure.

Thanks for the link I read it and it's helpful but doesn't exactly answer all of my questions. What I'd still like to know more about is what causes the command timeout report to increase. What's not clear to me is if this could be due to bad connections (bad Sata cable, or lose connection etc) (Wikipedia seems to imply that this often can be the result of oxidized cables or a bad powersupply) and will the reported command timeout raw value go back to zero or normal if you replace or fix the bad connection?

Again I know that I had a problem where the disk had a loose connection causing problems, but I fixed the connection that was the problem and it's been fine since, this was early on so when I moved to 6b12 and SMART monitering was working correcly I started getting a notice on boot about this drive. I guess my question is the following is command timeout always a sign of imminate hard drive failure or is it sometimes a sign of other hardware issues which need to be resloved? If you reslove those other hardware issues does the command timeout count restart? I assume no.

I would say that if the values as reported by SMART are not approaching the threshhold value, you will *probably* be ok considering your prior bad cabling.  If those attributes ever change again, you will receive another email, and then you can take action then

14b working well for me.  However, ever since starting off with beta 14 coming from 5.06, I'm quite new to it.  One thing I've been unable to figure out is how to get statistics to populate on the Dashboard.  Could someone point me in the right direction for that?  I've got several system info plugins installed for Dynamix and while they appear to work standalone in the GUI, I get practically nothing on the Dashboard page.

Thanks,

Jon

14b working well for me.  However, ever since starting off with beta 14 coming from 5.06, I'm quite new to it.  One thing I've been unable to figure out is how to get statistics to populate on the Dashboard.  Could someone point me in the right direction for that?  I've got several system info plugins installed for Dynamix and while they appear to work standalone in the GUI, I get practically nothing on the Dashboard page.

Thanks,

Jon

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36543.0

Thanks,

Jon

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=36543.0

Those are the plugins I have installed...nothing on Dashboard though.

Thanks.

They were set to 45 and 55 already and temperature unit set to Celsius so should not be alerting?

Perhaps I need to update them once, will give it a go.

edit: changed them to 46 and 56, then got notifications saying temp returned to normal. suspect some sort of bug with first time use.

Also had this,  I changed them and then changed back and everything went back to normal.

14b parity check speeds seem consistent with all the 6.0 builds I've tried.

Event: unRAID Parity check

Subject: Notice [TDM] - Parity check finished

Description: Duration: 8 hours, 27 minutes, 4 seconds<br>Average speed: 131.5 MB/sec

Importance: normal

The new drive spin state logic doesn't detect when drives are spun up due actions performed on the command line.

What are you doing?  It works for me. 

I can spin down all of my drives, start my script to update md5's which walks through all the drives one at a time (not user shares), and dashboard / main properly reflect the drive currently in use.

Just updated from 6b12 to b14, and my snap page is blank. 

My update steps were to remove apcups plugin, and then I manually updated copying the new files to flash, and rebooted.

Thanks

You have an older version of SNAP.  SNAP is updated from the webpage.  Now that the webpage is blank, you can't update SNAP that way.  You need to uninstall the SNAP plugin and re-install it to get the latest version.  Some changes were made in the later betas that affected the webpage of SNAP.

Just updated from 6b12 to b14, and my snap page is blank. 

My update steps were to remove apcups plugin, and then I manually updated copying the new files to flash, and rebooted.

Thanks

You have an older version of SNAP.  SNAP is updated from the webpage.  Now that the webpage is blank, you can't update SNAP that way.  You need to uninstall the SNAP plugin and re-install it to get the latest version.  Some changes were made in the later betas that affected the webpage of SNAP.

I did end up trying that last night. The uninstall *seems* to get stuck, watching the logs it isn't doing anything, if I refresh the screen the plugging is gone.  Then I reinstalled using your snap v6 page URL. But it still shows blank.  I'm guessing I'm not getting it fully uninstalled or something.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the reply!

It sounds like you might have a flash corruption if the plugin could not uninstall.

Follow these steps:

- Power off server.

- Put flash in a PC or Mac and check file system for errors.

- Reboot server.

- Uninstall the plugin.

- Delete /flash/config/plugins/snap directory if you find it on the flash.

- Re-boot.

- Re-install SNAP plugin.

Should fix it.

If it were me, I'd probably remove all plugins and boot clean and re-load plugins.  Many things have changed in the beta cycle and these changes have affected a lot of plugins.

It sounds like you might have a flash corruption if the plugin could not uninstall.

Follow these steps:

- Power off server.

- Put flash in a PC or Mac and check file system for errors.

- Reboot server.

- Uninstall the plugin.

- Delete /flash/config/plugins/snap directory if you find it on the flash.

- Re-boot.

- Re-install SNAP plugin.

Should fix it.

If it were me, I'd probably remove all plugins and boot clean and re-load plugins.  Many things have changed in the beta cycle and these changes have affected a lot of plugins.

is this safe to do without backing up settings etc?  I have KVM (web virt manager, livbirt installed and using a windows VM) with snap supporting my single docker (plex server).  I'd prefer to not have to 'redo' my setup if possible.

I understand.  Just do the first part I suggested.  Check the flash drive, remove SNAP, delete snap plugin directory,  and re-install.  Unless your flash is corrupted everything else should remain.

While you have the flash in a PC or Mac I would make a copy though.

See if that works first.

EDIT:  If you have SNAP specific configuration to save, save the following files from the /flash/config/plugins/snap directory.

- hotPlugAfterShareEvent.sh

- snap.list

Copy them back once snap is re-installed.

Another way to possibly force the update is to do the following:

- Uninstall SNAP.

- Delete the /flash/config/plugins/snap.sh file.

- Re-install snap plugin.

The plugin will detect that this file is missing and force snap to re-install.

I'd check the flash drive first to be sure it is not corrupted.

How do I disable Disk shares in B14b?

I have 1 array running B12 - on this I click main > then the Disk and there are 3 clear tabs

Device Settings , Health and SMB Security Settings where I can disable the shares.

On B14 I go to the same place and see the Device Settings and health on 1 page and no SMB settings anywhere?

I have 1 array running B12 - on this I click main > then the Disk and there are 3 clear tabs

Device Settings , Health and SMB Security Settings where I can disable the shares.

On B14 I go to the same place and see the Device Settings and health on 1 page and no SMB settings anywhere?

Should be the same in 14b. Have you tried clearing browser cache?

Sounds like you might have Non-tabbed in your Display Settings. However, it works correctly either way for me.

I did indeed have non tabbed selected (this was a new build I did not change it)

If I change to tabbed the tabs appear..... but only 2 of them I get the Device settings & Health Tab but still no SMB Share tab!

Can you confirm on the settings -> SMB page that SMB is turned on?