[Plugin] IPMI for unRAID 6.1+

On 5/31/2017 at 4:38 PM, dmacias said:

You can use the included ipmi-raw or ipmiraw (adds the network, ip , user and pass from ipmi settings)

ipmi-raw 00 30 70 66 01 00 64

00 - Get value

01 - Set value

00 - FAN 1/2/3/4

01 - FAN A

(possibly different groupings on some models)

00 to 64 - Speed (64 is max). 00 or 01 may set to auto if I remember

When i put in these commands via command line, my fans spin down for a second, then shoot back up to full speed.

On 4/28/2017 at 10:50 AM, saarg said:

Also worth to try is the Cold reset of the BMC device.

Setting it through the IPMI IP address has no effect - and I thought I had reset the BMC device properly before, but I might have not done that correctly because it was a while ago and nothing is still working for me. I had also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but still no luck. Can anyone point me to the cold reset instructions, I can't seem to find them.

I found the command which is: 'bmc-device --cold-reset' and that worked!

Edited by cyriouslydylan
Setting it through the IPMI IP address has no effect - and I thought I had reset the BMC device properly before, but I might have not done that correctly because it was a while ago and nothing is still working for me. I had also uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but still no luck. Can anyone point me to the cold reset instructions, I can't seem to find them.

I found the command which is: 'bmc-device --cold-reset' and that worked!

What board do you have? I've been meaning to change the bmc reset button to cold reset instead of warm.
32 minutes ago, jang430 said:

Is it supposed to show so little information?  I thought there will be default values for me to just replace?

The same happened on one of my servers, there was only data for one of the fans, you can do it on the console:

1) download current config to a text file

ipmi-sensors-config --checkout --filename=sensordata.conf

2) use an editor like nano to change the values you want

nano -w sensordata.conf

ctrl+o to save, ctrl+x to exit nano

3) commit the changes

ipmi-sensors-config --commit --filename=sensordata.conf

Edited by johnnie.black

Thanks johnnie.black, 

I was able to make some changes.  Got this reply after commiting:

"Value '250.000000' for key 'Lower_Non_Critical_Threshold' in section '138_FAN_1' cannot be encoded accurately, try another value
Value '200.000000' for key 'Lower_Critical_Threshold' in section '138_FAN_1' cannot be encoded accurately, try another value
Value '150.000000' for key 'Lower_Non_Recoverable_Threshold' in section '138_FAN_1' cannot be encoded accurately, try another value"

Any ideas?

Got this:

Value '200.000000' for key 'Lower_Non_Recoverable_Threshold' in section '138_FAN_1' cannot be encoded accurately, try another value
Value '200.000000' for key 'Lower_Non_Recoverable_Threshold' in section '205_FAN_2' cannot be encoded accurately, try another value
Value '200.000000' for key 'Lower_Non_Recoverable_Threshold' in section '272_FAN_3' cannot be encoded accurately, try another value
Value '200.000000' for key 'Lower_Non_Recoverable_Threshold' in section '406_FAN_A' cannot be encoded accurately, try another value

So by changing back to default numbers, no error in the top 2 digits.  The Lower non recoverable number has error.

18 minutes ago, jang430 said:

I believe all. That screenshot was taken earlier. They all go up and down

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

You need to have patience for everything to show in the sensor config. Stay on the readings page a while, then go to the sensor config and wait a couple of minutes. Then it should appear.

I set my lower non-recover, lower critical and lower non-critical thresholds to 0, 100 and 200.

I only have X9 boards, so it should work for your X9 also.

Hi saarg, 

The values didn't apply to my X9SCM-F.  It still asks me to change to another number.  Currently, I'm seeing my fan stay at lower non critical value of 540 RPM, so no revving up and down.  Don't know if this will remain constant.  

I'm reading around, and saw others say that Fans 1-4 are based on CPU/ memory zones, and FanA is for use with I/O/Addon cards.  

This I cut from my manual- "A fan speed control setting in the BI S ard are Monitoring section allo s the BI S to auto- matically set fan speeds based on the system temperature. "

I wonder if this has something to do with another problem associated with these settings?  My fans, as of the moment, run at 540 RPM, but my HDD temperatures are "HOT, HOT, HOT!"  I've already taken my NAS out of the shelf where it's supposed to be, and the back and front is unobstructed.  Does it mean CPU fan should be connected to Fans 1-4, and HDDs should be connected to FanA?  Specially my case, Fractal Design Node 804 having 2 zones?  Motherboard zone, and HDD zone?  Hoping to hear more insights from you guys.  

593364c08fe1e_ScreenShot2017-06-04at9_38_18AM.thumb.png.a7b4519d49957a41aefdc6f9597e5740.png

34 minutes ago, jang430 said:

I out in 0 at lowest non recoverable threshold, it saved, but it's still revving up and down.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Something still wrong with the thresholds, on the IPMI settings, clear the event Log, browse to main page and then go there again after a couples of minutes and post the log.

10 hours ago, jang430 said:

Hi johnnie.black, Here is my latest screenshot of logs. 

As it's visible in the logs fans 1, 2 and 3 are going lower than critical, which is set at 540rpm, you need to lower that, set lower critical at 300 and lower non-recover at 0 or 150.

I just changed Lower Critical to 270.  My current numbers are 645, 270, and 0.  I did it for all Fans 1-3, and Fan A.  Nothing connected to Fan 4, so I didn't change it.  It still goes up to 2025, all the way down to 405/540, then jump up once again to 2025, then slowly down again.